Dr. Colleen A. Hagen

La Grange Highlands, Illinois Map External Link
Gender:F
Specialty:Surgeon (general)
Website:
Practice: Midwest Surgical Associates, S.C.
Hospital:
Phone:708-719-5459
Med. School:Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Colleen A. Hagen has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Colleen" to "Colleen A."
RID: 1116866
28/02/10 3 1 2 4 Before my surgery Dr. Hagen may have been late to my appts but she was patient, took the time I needed to ask questions. After my surgery I saw the PA more often. She was not friendly, rushed appointments and did not always answer questions-saying she had to ask the DR and call me later. Each appt was worse than the previous. I had a complication from the surgery but Dr. Hagen did not recommend follow ups to check on me. The last straw was a recent appt. where I waited for 30 mins because she was in a meeting. She did not wash her hands. I asked her about that, she said she washes before coming to the room but door knobs, etc. She acted as though she did not know my progress-or lack of. She recommended a procedure that day-hesitantly I said ok-because I only have her expertise to rely on. I wanted to talk about future treatment-she told me she was in no shape to talk so come back in a month. I was angry, hurt at that plus she was coughing not covering her mouth, wiping her runny eye.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 740382
09/12/08 5 4 5 5 Very willing to explain medical conditions and procedures. Gives choices and will give you reading materials. Will call you back and answer your questions if you think of something after you get home. Has an excellent reputation.
RID: 659391
08/08/08 5 4 5 5 super doctor. listens well. gives thorough explanations. trustworthy. seems very caring
RID: 413514
17/03/07 5 5 5 Excellent at explaining treatment plans, diagnosis, and follow ups.  Respond
RID: 30361
16/05/06 4 5 5 Super doctor. Great reputation from former patients and coworkers.
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 6840
22/04/05 4 5 5 good explanations, highly approchable, returned phone calls promptly, has excellent reputation with doctors, nurses, and patients  Respond