Rate Dr. John A Long

Dr. John A Long's Ratings

I first met Dr. Long in Feb. 2014 when I was having Mohs surgery near my eye at the eye foundation at UAB. He did a great job w/closing the wound and plastic surgery. I had a bump that came up in the surgical sight and it didn't go away, so Dr. Long remove it and thank goodness he biopsied it because it was squamous cell carcinoma, the other was a basil cell. More surgery last week, he had to do a skin graft this time. Yesterday he removed the dressing and the graft and surgery site look great. I am very slow to heal so this was very good news. Probably will have to have some reconstructive surgery later on, but I can't say enough about what a competent Dr. he is! Would literally trust my life to this Dr. No hurry attitude for my post-op visits. He is just a wonderful Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Long performed blepharoplasty on my upper and lower eyelids to remove bagging and sagging. It has been 9 months and I absolutely love my eyes! I did my homework .... found that he is thought to be the best ... met with him to just see if I wanted to keep thinking about it or not.... felt so comfortable during that meeting that I scheduled the surgery right then. Post op was totally painless albeit not pretty! I stayed elevated and iced 20 mins on and 20 mins off for 6 days. Books on tape saved me from boredom. It was actually nice to schedule down time and give into it. I had a lot of confidence before but this has made me feel so much better about myself. His work was perfect and his office staff was wonderful to answer questions and got back to me quickly. It helped me so much reading others reviews that I just felt compelled to share my comments. Do what I did.....either have the surgery or stop talking about it! You have found the right surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

Dr long is great. I do not usually leave comments on these vulgar "rate your doctor" web sites. In this case a great rating is warrented. Nice guy. Great surgery. Happy outcome. Happy. Happy. Happy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

I had upper eyelid surgery and am very displeased. They look like two different eyes. One lid is longer than the other and the other one sags. The scars are going to be horrible. I am going to have another surgery to correct this one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2013

Dr. Long performed both of my boys' ptosis correction surgeries. They were only 14 months old when the surgery was performed. They were both born with one eyelid missing the muscle that pulls the lid back. Dr. Long was so sweet with my boys and kind to me. My sons were comfortable with him. He was willing to answer my questions, but he isn't one to beat around the bush about things. I like that. When it comes to my kids, I don't want things sugar coated. He explained the procedure in terms that I could really understand. On the day of surgery, he gave me a complete run down on how things would go. Of course I was a ball of nerves having both my boys go into surgery on the same day, but he did help calm my nerves and fears. The boys' eyes look FANTASTIC! If you didn't know they were born with ptosis, then you would never know they had a severe lid condition. They will have another surgery when they are five. Dr. Long will be performing that one as well. Wouldn't change surgeons!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Very funny guy. Obviously likes to do what he does. Told me what he was going to do and did it. Couldn't be happier...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2009

If you want your lids done well, go to him. I was told by my friends that he would be straight with me to a fault. He was. I liked it. I am very pleased with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2008

This doctor changed my life. I had severe eye problems from Grave's Disease. He not only corrected the problem expertly, but gave me back self-esteem that I have not known in very many years. I recommend him to everyone. He's the best as far as I am concerned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

I was misdiagnosed prior to Dr. Long. I really believe that he saved my vision. No more double vision. No more pain. And, I look normal again. Can't say enough about that....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2007

Dr. Long was highly recommended by my friends, but as he entered my exam room he was making inappropriate and vulgar comments about his patients and statements that bordered on ethnic slurs. These comments were being made to residents he was training, which somehow multiplies the distaste for me. It was an awkward moment to say the least so he said little and i left after reporting his actions to the office manager. Perhaps he is a skilled surgeon, but i cannot ignore moral character.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440894].votes_count ]]