Dr. Wendy Shumate

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Wendy Shumate has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

18/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 5308063
25/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wendy Shumate is absolutely the best there is. Sometimes I have to wait quite awhile for her, however I never mind because I know that she is going to give me all the time I need to take care of my issues. She is always on top of the latest medical information and she gives excellent referrals for specialists. She makes sure that you get the required tests immediately should you have symptoms and most important of all, she makes you feel as if you are her only patient. She is a dedicated professional and I have been lucky enough to have her as my Doctor for over 10 years.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2454362
22/10/12 1 5 5 5 Without a doubt, Dr. Shumate is the best there is. I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She has been my Dr. for over 20 years. BUT, the only complaint I have is a few members of her staff. I am amazed at how rude they can be. They are rude not only to me, but I have seen this behavior toward some elderly patients. I have tried to discuss this with Dr. Shumate, but I have noticed a bit of defensivness, so I dropped it. f she were'nt te best, because of this I would have left along time ago. Sorry that I have to say this, but I think it is very important.  Respond
RID: 1688940
17/01/12 5 4 5 5 This Dr. is wonderful. She really cares for her patients as a whole person. She knows excellent specialists in the area, and is affiliated with TriCity Hospital in Oceanside, not Trinity. Her staff is kind and professional.
RID: 1502224
02/08/11 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Shumate for 10 years, and she is very caring, careful, and knowledgeable. I have my elderly parents now under her care, as well as some of my friends. She really is very special. She saved my Dad's life on his first office visit, had him into the hospital that day with a great cardiologist! Love her!
RID: 952098
31/07/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Shumate is a kind, caring, very knowledgeable physician. She's like a girl version of Dr. Welby.  Respond
RID: 139824
13/02/07 4 5 5 Dr. Shumate is one of the best primary care physicians I have ever seen. I hope she will always be my Doctor. She is compasionate, very knowledgeable, and never rushed. She has been right about everything that has been wrong with me. She does not accept HMO patients.