You may also like

Rate Dr. Shannon Puloski

Dr. Shannon Puloski's Ratings

I was diagnosed by doctor Puloski in November 2014 as having extreme Osteo Arthritis in both hips at the age of 53. Right from the start Dr Puloski spoke to me at length regarding my options, and never made me feel rushed in any way. Ultimately it was decided to go ahead with bilateral complete hip replacement, my hips were too far gone for re surfacing. My surgery was slated for April 23rd (Six days ago!) Dr Puloski also had to lengthen my right leg back to its normal length and then reference the left leg to the left leg. The surgery was a super success, I only stayed in the hospital for one full day post op and then I was released the next day (Sat April 25). I was up and walking on crutches the same day as the surgery, and doing my therapy one day post op no problem. Saturday when the therapy evaluation team came in they could not believe I was already doing stairs on crutches walking on crutches, in and out of bathtub by myself etc…. There was really no reason I had to stay, I didn't even have bruising! As I write this review 6 days post op I feel great and can stand up straight, the next few weeks will be even better. For me Dr Puloski and his team have been a revelation, I feel like I have my life back. I should also mention that for two years prior to my surgery I trained hard with resistance and cardio routines for 40 minutes per day, even though the pain of training wasn't fun. My thoughts with the training was to be in great shape and prepare for what was coming. I would strongly suggest Dr Puloski to anyone, for me he is the best.

Regards,

F.Rizzuto

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

My journey was 7 years and 4 surgeons before I was lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Puloski. For 7 seven years I walked bone on bone in extreme pain. Had not slept through the night due to pain for almost 3 years. Every time I went to a surgeon they would say to me I had the worst hip they have ever seen and they didn't know how I was walking. They would also tell me to go home and loose 50 lbs but NO weight bearing exercise, pretty hard to do for anyone who has tried this in my condition. I was also told that at 47 I was on the young end and they wanted to wait. Dr Puloski told me age and weight should never be held against a patient as chronic as I was. I had a total hip replacement a year ago and have been pain fee ever since. He is a compassionate, highly skilled surgeon and I wouldn't hesitate to return to him or recommend him to anyone who is seeking a joint replacement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Hip was horrible but he squeezed me I on a Christmas cancelation and the surgery healing has been excellent. Worth spending Christmas on a new not painful hip.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1442941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2014

Dr. Puloski is a great surgeon. He is also a very kind person. Dr. Puloski was the key person in my cancer diagnosis, he understood what the fear and pain felt like and always did his best to relieve those problems when he could, during the path to diagnosis Dr. Puloski rushed tests, his nurse was patient with me when I made almost daily calls looking for results, and when the results finally arrived he personally called me at home in the evening - which is, I believe, the most compassionate thing a doctor could do (I didn't have to wait one more day, I didn't have to hear horrifying news in a clinical environment, I was able to react and absorb the news with my family). Dr. Puloski showed me many kindnesses throughout my treatment, surgery and recovery. Whenever a health care professional looks at my leg they comment on what a beautiful scar it is and immediately ask who my surgeon was. Dr. Puloski seems very busy, but it always imagine the patients he is on his way to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1442940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

I was very fortunate that Dr. Puloski was my surgeon for total hip replacements of both hips. He is a very talented surgeon and has a kind, professional manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing hip surgery or muscular skeletal oncology surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1442939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

There isn't anything I can say that is good about Dr. Puloski. I had a rushed surgery that resulted in me getting a DVT (blood clot). He attempted to contradict what the Dr's in emergency, as well as those at the anti-coagulation clinic, had prescribed for me. He "dummied" down my situation even though treating a blood clot was not his specialty. He was best to leave it to the professionals in that area of expertise. I would not recommend him to anyone. I have been off work for a year because of all of the complications this surgery has caused even though it was a minimal procedure.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1442938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

I was very fortunate to have had Dr. Pulski recommended to me by Dr. Mrkonjic. I have bone dysplasia and was very nervous about having yet another surgery to help correct the lesion , ongoing fracture and shepards crook in my femur . He and his team did everything they could to make it less painful and stressful and he was very patient , kind and considerate during hospital visits and during post surgical exams . He not only repaired the leg but doing an osteotomy , bone graft , straightened the femur, put in a longer external fication pin to help protect the leg , and then he took the liberty of surgically recontructing a horrible Sx scar deformity I have been living with for over 20 years . I now have very little scar tissue and abeautifl thin line down my thigh now ! I was truly grateful ! He took the extra time to do that and it was greatly appreciated ! hes is an exremely knowledgable surgeon, highly educated . I am grateful hes my new doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1442937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

great job on my total hip replacement. would recommend him to anyone who requires a replacement hip. when i need my other hip done i will be going back to hi!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1442936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Puloski removed a rare tumor the size of a tennis ball from my right femur, requiring a bone graft, metal plate and screws. Dr. Puloski is extremely knowledgeable at what he does, and gave me a beautiful straight incision of which the scar looks really good compared to what I've seen online for the same procedure. I was very fortunate to have him as my surgeon as he is a subspecialist- an orthopedic oncologist. He has had a ton of training if you look at his online profile. The only negative thing is that he sometimes seems a little rushed, but I know he is very very busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1442935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

All I can say is thank you Dr. Puloski, I am now pain free and walking like I did before I had my birmingham hip replacement. I am 57 years old and this is the first surgery I had and it was a "piece of cake." Both doctor and staff are very professional and take excellent care of their patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1442934].votes_count ]]