Dr. Jeffrey Buchanan-Dorrance

Dr. Jeffrey Buchanan-Dorrance

Rate Dr. Jeffrey Buchanan-Dorrance

Dr. Jeffrey Buchanan-Dorrance's Ratings

I really like this guy. Professional in every regard. Does not sell glasses - just prescriptions. So there is no pressure to buy anything. Been seeing him annually for a number of years (diabetes check-ups) until recently. The front office person is ignorant! I got stuck in traffic on my way to my appointment. I called and said I would be 5-10 minutes late. Didnt think it would be a big deal because I usually have to sit in the waiting room for 15-20 minutes anyway. She told me I would have to book a new appointment and would be invoiced for missing this one! She argued with me over the phone until I arrived in the parking lot. But, still would not allow me to keep the appointment. I told her to pass on my regrets to the doctor, but that I would be going elsewhere from now on. Highly recommend this doctor, if you can endure the abuse from the receptionist!

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Jeffrey is fantastic! The receptionist is the only problem, she's terrible, lazy, rude, moody, always seems like she's PMSing. My eyes are strained when I have to look at her. I don't understand why she is still employed. My father picked up my glasses for me quite a few years back, he arrived there before closing time however she refused to assist him in retrieving my glasses and had basically locked him out of the office. Unbelievable. Though I must say, as long as Dr. Jeffrey is there I will put up with her as he is a great optometrist.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2013 | flag

the receptionist is rude and thinks she is the Dr, I like Dr Dorraine but as long as she is there and I have to deal with the likes of that I will go elsewhere

Submitted Nov. 5, 2012 | flag

Excellent eye doctor. Have been going to him for over 10 years. Very knowledgeable, friendly, professional and thorough. Highly recommend him to everyone.

Submitted July 10, 2012 | flag

awesome. it shows that he takes the time needed and he really tries to make sure all his patients are wel taken care of. there is not enought good dr's like this that actually make an effort to do his best.

Submitted March 15, 2012 | flag

Great! been seeing him for 10 years. Highly reccomend especially for your kids.

Submitted June 21, 2011 | flag

Always late suggest you show up for your appointment thirty minutes late then you will not have to wait as long

Submitted June 21, 2011 | flag

Receptionist was less than polite, as well as scratched my week-old lens on her machine that checks the prescription. Instead of apologizing (I watched her do it), she told me that her machine wouldn't scratch the lens and that every lens gets scratched sometimes. These were only just a week old thank you, and expensive. The Dr himself was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2011 | flag

Hi secretary was extremely rude. My sons glasses broke; he needs them as his prescription is very strong. He's only 9 years old. SHE WAS RUDE AND TOLD ME TO FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR BECAUSE HE WAS TOO BUSY. SHE SPOKE TO ME LIKE I WAS THE IDIOT....LOOK IN A MIRROR

Submitted April 28, 2010 | flag

We highly recommend this optometrist--we drive from London Ontario to see him. He is thorough and very up to date and has excellent chair-side manner. His office staff, especially the office manager, is excellent.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2007 | flag