Rate Dr. James McKim

Dr. James McKim's Ratings

Dr McKim was my doctor for a very long time. Probably since he started his practice. I really liked him and he was good to my kids. All that changed when he had to many patients to take the time to hear them. One foot in the door one foot out. He believes he knows that your crazy and it's all in your head. Then you end up hospitized with the all in your head problem Turned out wasnt in my head. As time went on things got worse and he really didn't want to hear anything nor do I believe he even reads reports by other physician My mental state depression wise got bed because after all these years he is not hearing me and again it's in my head. 14 years later I am still in the condition that's supposed to be in my head thankful other doctors disagree

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

First off I will say Dr McKim has no time for his patients..He thinks he knows your body when you are walking in it..He tells you what you feel. He always is away on holidays and his patients in the hospital rarely get to see him and when he arrives after a months of you being admitted to hospital ..you finally get to see him and he comes in with no knowledge of what your last 31 days were like and wants to discharge you. You should not be practicing anymore. With the health issues of which my mother has ..you still want her out of hospital just because a long weekend is coming up..which is the practice. Mother has been in hospital with heart, compressed fractures in back, blocked kidneys..* of which she has complained and complained over past two yrs of the infection ** to find out she has possibility of the kidney being blocked with tumor between kidney and bladder...** bladder cancer*** thanks to Dr McKim for not sending her for cat scans just put on antibiotics..no care ..poor care at best...You need to either leave your practice or to go get more training..Disgusted in Fredericton..thank God you are not my Dr..and wish you weren`t my mothers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I rated the last two "3" because if Dr.McKim had ordered a colonscopy years ago, my husband would not be stage 4 cancer right now. Dr. McKim, people here are not educated as they are in other places...you need to ask your patients if they have bleeding from the rectum, especially after a certain age. Yes, one should wonder about that symptom if they're having it, but again, the education is obviously poor in this area. Don't they teach this in the medical schools here? To ask your patients if they have this or that symptom around a certain age? Protect your patients. It is your job to look out for them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

DR. MCKIM HAS BEEN OUR FAMILY DOCTOR FOR YEARS. HE DELIVERED MY FIRST BORN AND FEEL THAT HE IS PART OF OUR FAMILY NOW. MY HUSBAND HAS HAD A COUPLE OF INJURIES FROM WORK AND DR MCKIM IS VERY SYMPATHETIC AND UNDERSTANDING OF MY HUSBAND CONDITION. YES HE DOES RUN LATE AT TIMES, BUT ISN'T THAT SOMETHING ALL DOCTORS DO BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY CAN BE CALLED INTO THE HOSPITAL. WE REALLY LIKE DR. MCKIM AND ALSO HIS WIFE DR. DEMPSEY. FEELS LIKE HE IS ONE OF THE FAMILY

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I agree with others, VERY rushed... Honestly, if I could get another doctor in the area I would take them! He did not believe my son had Asthma until my son was rushed to the ER at 6 months from a severe asthma attack & almost died. Maybe lack of knowledge is to blame, but if he does not keep up to date then he should not practice right? Many other circumstances similar to this, but this was the worst case! I will give him credit though, his office has been much easier to get an appointment lately & they will actually answer the phone sometimes now!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2011

My family and I have been going to Dr. McKim for over 15 yrs.No problem whatsoever. We all really like him.Oft times he runs late,so what..when he does arrive he gets the job done. No complaints!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2010

This doctor is: rude, condescending, does not like women, arrogant, likes himself a lot. Very poor bedside manner. Doesn't listen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2010

very, very rushed and brushes off patients concerns. Unwilling to hear patients opinions on treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2010

Dr. McKim is a great guy and a truly dedicated professional. He doesn't talk down to the patient, as some doctors appear to have the need to do. His wife is Dr. Sue Dempsey and she's just as good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

He's been an excellent and understanding Dr. to me and my family. No problem with referrals and excellent personality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1447808].votes_count ]]