Rate Dr. James McKim

Dr. James McKim's Ratings

First off I will say Dr McKim has no time for his patients..He thinks he knows your body when you are walking in it..He tells you what you feel. He always is away on holidays and his patients in the hospital rarely get to see him and when he arrives after a months of you being admitted to hospital ..you finally get to see him and he comes in with no knowledge of what your last 31 days were like and wants to discharge you. You should not be practicing anymore. With the health issues of which my mother has ..you still want her out of hospital just because a long weekend is coming up..which is the practice. Mother has been in hospital with heart, compressed fractures in back, blocked kidneys..* of which she has complained and complained over past two yrs of the infection ** to find out she has possibility of the kidney being blocked with tumor between kidney and bladder...** bladder cancer*** thanks to Dr McKim for not sending her for cat scans just put on antibiotics..no care ..poor care at best...You need to either leave your practice or to go get more training..Disgusted in Fredericton..thank God you are not my Dr..and wish you weren`t my mothers.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

I rated the last two "3" because if Dr.McKim had ordered a colonscopy years ago, my husband would not be stage 4 cancer right now. Dr. McKim, people here are not educated as they are in other places...you need to ask your patients if they have bleeding from the rectum, especially after a certain age. Yes, one should wonder about that symptom if they're having it, but again, the education is obviously poor in this area. Don't they teach this in the medical schools here? To ask your patients if they have this or that symptom around a certain age? Protect your patients. It is your job to look out for them.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2013 | flag

DR. MCKIM HAS BEEN OUR FAMILY DOCTOR FOR YEARS. HE DELIVERED MY FIRST BORN AND FEEL THAT HE IS PART OF OUR FAMILY NOW. MY HUSBAND HAS HAD A COUPLE OF INJURIES FROM WORK AND DR MCKIM IS VERY SYMPATHETIC AND UNDERSTANDING OF MY HUSBAND CONDITION. YES HE DOES RUN LATE AT TIMES, BUT ISN'T THAT SOMETHING ALL DOCTORS DO BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY CAN BE CALLED INTO THE HOSPITAL. WE REALLY LIKE DR. MCKIM AND ALSO HIS WIFE DR. DEMPSEY. FEELS LIKE HE IS ONE OF THE FAMILY

Submitted March 10, 2011 | flag

I agree with others, VERY rushed... Honestly, if I could get another doctor in the area I would take them! He did not believe my son had Asthma until my son was rushed to the ER at 6 months from a severe asthma attack & almost died. Maybe lack of knowledge is to blame, but if he does not keep up to date then he should not practice right? Many other circumstances similar to this, but this was the worst case! I will give him credit though, his office has been much easier to get an appointment lately & they will actually answer the phone sometimes now!

Submitted Jan. 17, 2011 | flag

My family and I have been going to Dr. McKim for over 15 yrs.No problem whatsoever. We all really like him.Oft times he runs late,so what..when he does arrive he gets the job done. No complaints!

Submitted Oct. 26, 2010 | flag

This doctor is: rude, condescending, does not like women, arrogant, likes himself a lot. Very poor bedside manner. Doesn't listen.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2010 | flag

very, very rushed and brushes off patients concerns. Unwilling to hear patients opinions on treatment.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2010 | flag

Dr. McKim is a great guy and a truly dedicated professional. He doesn't talk down to the patient, as some doctors appear to have the need to do. His wife is Dr. Sue Dempsey and she's just as good.

Submitted March 31, 2010 | flag

He's been an excellent and understanding Dr. to me and my family. No problem with referrals and excellent personality.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2010 | flag

i hate this dr. after my mother had breast cancer her cancer dr ordered she go for a breast scan every year...but they have to be ordered though your family dr....dr mckim WON'T DO THAT. after he even recieved letters of concern through my mom's cancer dr he still wont do it...also she had a an extreamly bad pain in her right hand and something in her hand made her fingers all cramp up like a trigger finger type deal...he told her to get an effin stress ball....she got a second opinion....she needs surgury. hes got too many patients and i think its about time this man retire because hes seemed to lose all commom sense about everything to do with something serious

Submitted Jan. 4, 2010 | flag