Rate Dr. William Procter

Dr. William Procter's Ratings

We just read today, December 16, 2014, in the Hamilton Spectator, that our beloved Family Physician, Dr. W.C. Procter of Burlington is retiring. A piece of our hearts has been torn out because we all love him so much. Believe me, they don't come any better than this man. His dedication to his work and his patients goes beyond description. Just a couple of weeks ago, my husband and I left his office on Guelph Line for the last time. This was tough. It was like leaving our family home for the last time. True to his unselfish and giving nature, he has found someone to tend to his flock. Dr. Procter would never leave any of us uncared for. That's his style, taking care of us to the very end. This man has been my doctor from the age of 18. I am now 71 years old. He has visited my mother at home when she was dying of cancer. He came to the funeral home to comfort my family when my father passed away. He has been in the operating room (and assisted at times) during some of my surgeries. His many, many, visits to the hospital to visit my family, my husband and me have been numerous over the years. This doctor really cares and it is obvious that he loves his work. From the bottom of our hearts, Dr. Procter, God Bless you and we wish you much joy and good health during your retirement years. With love, the Lembergs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Just heard today that DR P is retiring. At almost 82... I think he deserves it. But those who have been lucky enough to have him as a family Dr. are losing a dear dear friend and a man who has never varied from being the most caring, giving and brilliant doctor anyone could EVER wish for. I won't begin to relate tales of the many many times he has been there for our family over the 32 years that we have been on his roster, but believe me, we are grateful to have had him on our side. We can only stand by and wish him a happy retirement. Thanks for everything DR P... from the whole Taylor clan!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2654948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr. Procter has been our family doctor for nearly 50 yrs. He has seen us go through all of our life's ups and downs. Not only does he treat the physical or health issues, he is also counselor and friend. You will not find a doctor with as big a heart as he has, full of caring and compassion for his patients. His dedication to his patients is indescribable, for not matter how tired he is, he takes time to make you feel that you are an important human being and he gives you his full attention. I remember his visit to my husband when he was in hospital, after knee surgery many years ago. He was trembling from fatigue, I could see it as he tried to hold on to the side of my husband's hospital bed to balance himself, but his wonderful smile and comforting words still shone through and he made my husband and our family very happy with his visit. He is always present also, whenever a member of our family passes away, always offering sincere empathy for our loss by his presence. His staff is equally wonderful, always very professional and caring. He and his staff are now family to us as we are to them. You are in the best of hands with this wonderful man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Dr.P. has been my dr. for 50 yrs. We consider him a family friend. My mom recently passed away and he visited and made her last days at the hospice as comfortable hospice.He is truly one of the breed that treats patients like they are one of his own. We love him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2011

I have had the pleasure and priviledge to have Dr.P since I was 5 yrs old which is now 48 yrs as a patient and going. He has been the father figure I could turn to for advice and help on all health issues. He has been there for my family through difficult and dark times which I can never thank him enough for. He is always professional and welcoming when asked how he is he always replies "never better!". I could not ask for a better family phsyican to watch over my health for the last almost 5 decades and only hope for many more years to come. Thank you Dr. P for all you do you are the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2010

My wife was delivered by Dr. Procter and has been his patient ever since. He became my Doctor 3 years ago. I'm 38 with health issues so I've met many doctors in my life. No one holds a candle to Dr. Procter. He is the friendliest man I've ever met and the most caring Doctor I've ever seen. He is a wealth of knowledge and he seems to work 24hours a day, 365 days a year. How many doctors out there still make house calls? He delivered my son and I only wish he could be around to deliver my grandson, great-grandson and so on. Burlington will be a lesser place when he decides to retire. They should rename Burlington Procterville. He is everything that is good in this world. God Bless Dr. Procter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2010

The best Dr. ever! All other physicians have A LOT to learn from him! May God continue to bless you Dr. Procter we truly appreciate all you have done and continue to do for the different generations of our family!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2009

Dr. Procter delivered me, my siblings and all of my children. He is the most caring doctor in all of Burlington - a true diamond in the rough. I can't say enough about his second-to-none bedside manner and knowledge. His staff are friendly and courteous - also second-to-none. The day he retires (which I hope will not be for many years to come) will see many of us in Burlington with tears in our eyes. Thank you Dr. Procter, from the bottom of my heart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Proctor since I was married (24 yrs) and still continue to see him after I have been divorced. He is kind courteous and very accommodating if I am ever in need of help. I do not very often have to wait more than 30 mins. His staff are a delight and very hard working as they are always moving or on the phone with patients. He seems to be very knowledgeable and if he can't answer my questions he sends me to a specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008

My young family first found Dr. Proctor in 1975 and still see him in 2008. He has surpassed expectations for service, compassion and understanding during this time. He reads journals to keep abreast of new treatments and the need to stop certain treatments, makes referrals to specialists in a timely manner, ask questions about your personal life to uncover circumstances you may feel do not relate to a health situation. He serves his patients on a 5 star level and is a wonderful person. His staff is caring and efficient and friendly. THE BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448371].votes_count ]]