Dr. Eric H. Elowitz

Rate Dr. Eric H. Elowitz

Dr. Eric H. Elowitz's Ratings

I recently had back surgery with Dr. Elowitz.Dr. Elowitz is an excellent caring and neurosurgeon. He is the only Dr. that I would allow to operate on me. I went to four other Dr's first and felt that they were not the right DR's. I checked out Dr. Elowitz on the internet and then met with him. He is even better in person. He is very caring and spends all the time with you that you need. His staff is the same way. Because of Dr. Elowitz I was able the sleep my first night without any pain or pain medication.I had my surgery at8:30 am and I was out of the hospital by 4:00 PM THE SAME DAY. This was the best decision I ever made even though it took me over 6 months to finally do it and I am glad that I did.In summary, Dr.Elowitz and his staff are the best. If you would liket odiscuss any of this with me please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and I would be very willing to discuss this with you.Thank k you again Dr. Elowit and staff.Bruce

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Dr Elowitz is fantastic! I saw a few other surgeons but he explained my problem in the office and the surgery was successful. I had been dealing with the pain for months and now I am doing great. He is honest, straighforward and experienced. His office was a pleasure to deal with and his nurse, Ed, always returned my call quickly. I can highly recommend Dr Elowitz!!

Submitted May 31, 2014 | flag

For four months, I was unable to walk without severe leg and back pain. Dr Elowitz preformed a micro discectomy and within two weeks after surgery I was walking virtually pain free. Post operative medications were minimal and functioned perfectly. There were no adverse after effects or infection and it is now six months later and I feel great.

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

A friend referred me to Dr. Elowitz after having a successful microdiscectomy. I consulted with 4 neurosurgeons and Dr. Elowitz was BY FAR the most knowledgeable, and had a calming bedside manner. He spent time talking to my family and I. There was no question as to which doctor I was going to chose. I am now 10 days post-op from my microdiscectomy at L5-S1 and I've never felt better. Dr. Elowitz gave me my life back! I would never see any other neurosurgeon. He's the BEST! His RN Nancy is also very kind and super helpful.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Elowitz operated on me in August 2008. He did an XLIF and Trans-sacral sugeries. He gave me my life back and I will always be grateful. He and his staff were ALWAYS kind and professional. My surgery was done at St.Lukes Roosevelt. The care I received there, with the exception of 1 recovery room nurse, was outstanding.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2012 | flag

This rate is more on Cornell Hosp than Dr Elowitz. He unfortunatly works there. I was referred by a friend to Dr Elowitz for cervical spine fusion. He was very nice and spent alot of time explaining the procedure to me. I decided to use Dr Elowitz. I made an appt for surgery and contacted his billing staff. They are rude and robotic. Myself and my family have never had to pay for out of network physician operations because of our two ins policies. That is with many high profile doctors at HSS, Joint Disease,etc. Billing wanted to charge me over $6000 even though my insurance was going to cover the entire surgery. Patient relations returned no calls until I did an on line excutive search and sent out e mails. I finally spoke to a finance manager that said they must charge 10% of what ins will not pay. I explained they are paying everything and then he changed to he can't trust the ins companies. I had surgery with a Becker top 100 spine surg w no out of pocket expenses. Doin great!

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

Finding Dr. Elowitz was a gift - everything from the first visit to his understanding my situation and arranging the procedure quickly was done with compassion and professionalism. His staff was very responsive. I'm a fan! And, best part - I feel great!

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

Great doctor, perfectionist-nurse does not call back post surgically

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. Elowitz is awesome! He performed an ACDF surgery on me 2 weeks ago at NY Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and I don't even know where to start with my praises! I was diagnosed with multilevel herniated cervical discs on 7/6. Called his office for an appointment on 7/7. Met him on 7/13. When we met, he simply pulled out my MRI films, explained thoroughly why I needed surgery, answered all my questions (even the stupid ones), and had his office schedule a surgery within 2 weeks. Aside from the post-surgery pain I expected, I was literally pain-free as soon as I woke up in the recovery room. I walked to the bathroom on my own hours after surgery, checked out from the hospital next day, started recovery from home and was up and about 2 days after. It's day 19 today and I'm feeling great considering my symptoms prior to surgery were so severe! Dr. Elowitz and his team did an EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT job! I am forever grateful!

Submitted Aug. 19, 2011 | flag

i suffered with severe sciatica from a herniated disc for about 4 years. I spent 2 years in physio & my Dr during that time kept putting me off surgery. Enough was enough & I was referred to Dr Elowitz. He is an amazing Dr. 6 years on I have never felt so good! Long may it last!

Submitted July 27, 2011 | flag