Dr. Eric H. Elowitz

Rate Dr. Eric H. Elowitz

Dr. Eric H. Elowitz's Ratings

In October 2013, Dr. Elowitz performed Lumbar fusion on my L4/L5 region. I am so grateful to him forr what he has done for me. Dr. Elowitz gae me my life back. everytime I think of the pain I was in every day i am so grateful. Words cannot explain what he has done for me. I really was thinking about ending it all due to the level of pain and now I am pain free, confident and happy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2584376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr. Elowitz operated on me and did an excellent job. he was extremely competent and caring. I was free of pain almost immediately after the surgery and feel I was very fortunate to have him to operate on me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2553187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I recently had back surgery with Dr. Elowitz.Dr. Elowitz is an excellent caring and neurosurgeon. He is the only Dr. that I would allow to operate on me. I went to four other Dr's first and felt that they were not the right DR's. I checked out Dr. Elowitz on the internet and then met with him. He is even better in person. He is very caring and spends all the time with you that you need. His staff is the same way. Because of Dr. Elowitz I was able the sleep my first night without any pain or pain medication.I had my surgery at8:30 am and I was out of the hospital by 4:00 PM THE SAME DAY. This was the best decision I ever made even though it took me over 6 months to finally do it and I am glad that I did.In summary, Dr.Elowitz and his staff are the best. If you would liket odiscuss any of this with me please feel free to e-mail me at BRUCHEE@AOL.COM and I would be very willing to discuss this with you.Thank k you again Dr. Elowit and staff.Bruce

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2450023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr Elowitz is fantastic! I saw a few other surgeons but he explained my problem in the office and the surgery was successful. I had been dealing with the pain for months and now I am doing great. He is honest, straighforward and experienced. His office was a pleasure to deal with and his nurse, Ed, always returned my call quickly. I can highly recommend Dr Elowitz!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

For four months, I was unable to walk without severe leg and back pain. Dr Elowitz preformed a micro discectomy and within two weeks after surgery I was walking virtually pain free. Post operative medications were minimal and functioned perfectly. There were no adverse after effects or infection and it is now six months later and I feel great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

A friend referred me to Dr. Elowitz after having a successful microdiscectomy. I consulted with 4 neurosurgeons and Dr. Elowitz was BY FAR the most knowledgeable, and had a calming bedside manner. He spent time talking to my family and I. There was no question as to which doctor I was going to chose. I am now 10 days post-op from my microdiscectomy at L5-S1 and I've never felt better. Dr. Elowitz gave me my life back! I would never see any other neurosurgeon. He's the BEST! His RN Nancy is also very kind and super helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2012

Dr. Elowitz operated on me in August 2008. He did an XLIF and Trans-sacral sugeries. He gave me my life back and I will always be grateful. He and his staff were ALWAYS kind and professional. My surgery was done at St.Lukes Roosevelt. The care I received there, with the exception of 1 recovery room nurse, was outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2012

This rate is more on Cornell Hosp than Dr Elowitz. He unfortunatly works there. I was referred by a friend to Dr Elowitz for cervical spine fusion. He was very nice and spent alot of time explaining the procedure to me. I decided to use Dr Elowitz. I made an appt for surgery and contacted his billing staff. They are rude and robotic. Myself and my family have never had to pay for out of network physician operations because of our two ins policies. That is with many high profile doctors at HSS, Joint Disease,etc. Billing wanted to charge me over $6000 even though my insurance was going to cover the entire surgery. Patient relations returned no calls until I did an on line excutive search and sent out e mails. I finally spoke to a finance manager that said they must charge 10% of what ins will not pay. I explained they are paying everything and then he changed to he can't trust the ins companies. I had surgery with a Becker top 100 spine surg w no out of pocket expenses. Doin great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448463].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

Finding Dr. Elowitz was a gift - everything from the first visit to his understanding my situation and arranging the procedure quickly was done with compassion and professionalism. His staff was very responsive. I'm a fan! And, best part - I feel great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

Great doctor, perfectionist-nurse does not call back post surgically

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1448461].votes_count ]]