Rate Dr. Ben Carruthers

Dr. Ben Carruthers's Ratings

Dr. Carruthers is excellent. He always asks questions and will refer me to a specialist if he feels it's required. He has a new Secretary and she is absolutely great. She always gets back to me, and is very polite.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Carruthers is the best doctor in Burlington. He always listens to me and sends me to a specialist if he feels it is needed. I agree with other comments on this forum about Barb. She is a little hard to deal with sometimes...

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

He and his secretary are horrible. Dr. Carruthers is unavailable, dismissive, and often makes incorrect. My family sees him and he has botched serious cases.

Submitted July 7, 2011 | flag

I have known Ben for 27 years. Nice man but his diagnosis is not always accurate! He needs to hire a new secretary, better yet, someone with a medical background (retired nurse or medical secretary). Barb should be more careful when giving medical advice, she's in no way qualified. It would also be nice if Ben wasn't always on vacation!

Submitted Jan. 20, 2011 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Ben for over 30 yrs. Best doctor and friend! Have total trust in him. You must have trust in your doc.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2010 | flag

I've been going to Dr. C since he opened his practice up on Brant & Upper Middle. He is without a doubt the best Doc I have ever met. Compassionate and caring are two words that describe him very well. I hold him in the highest regard.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2010 | flag

Doctor is great, but do not like his secretary, at time it is soooooo hard to get an appointment.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2010 | flag

Barb is not very personable every time I call for a physical appointment I am told I it is waiting list only... I have been waiting for over 2 years.... I miss Ginny

Submitted Dec. 1, 2009 | flag

Secretary too quick to diagnose over the phone! As a patient who does not call often, this approach is annoying. Doctor is personable but it is important to keep track of your own needs as the iniative rarely comes from doctor.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2009 | flag

Dr.Currothers is a great doctor, although i have to say his assistant is completely useless!! I want Ginny back!

Submitted Aug. 27, 2009 | flag