Rate Dr. Tim Vander Leek

Dr. Tim Vander Leek's Ratings

I have previously left a positive comment for Dr. VanderLeek but have since been talked down too when he stated that I did not follow his directions when in fact I did. It was humiliating. Prior to this, my experience with him was great. I'll go back again but I am looking into moving to a new pediatric allergist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2011

Dr. Vander Leek is the most knowledgeable doctor i have ever met. He was extremely helpful with my 3 year olds asthma, allergies, and eczema. For the parents that are questioning his reasons for the food challenge... My sons prick tests and blood tests all come back that he is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, peanuts and wheat. I agreed to the food challenge, and today my son is eating all the foods that his blood tests showed he was allergic too. When he was a baby, we would have reactions to these foods, but if i didnt agree to the challenge he would not be eating this foods today and i would be still living in fear over an allergy i thought still existed. This is proof that blood tests are not correct. Thank you Dr. Vander Leek.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2010

I find myself being very fortunate to have Dr. Vander Leek as my daughters allergist. He seems very knowledgeable and took all my questions and concerns in account and explained to me what was going on in a very easy to understand and helpful manner. After the initial consultation I feel at ease knowing that my daughter is in good hands and will be treated properly from a very capable doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

My son was only 1 1/2 when he went to see Dr. Vander Leek for asthma diagnosis. The doc was very helpful, and answered all the questions and concerns I had. He was able to quickly determine which meds my son should be on, and explained how to use them, what they did and what the risks were. He also did allergy testing, and determined he was slightly allergic to few things. My doctor referred us to him, and told us he was the best in his opinion, and I have to agree.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2009

Doctor Vander Leek is my favorite pediatric alergist every. He is very considerite and straight to the point. He also has a very good computer, hairdoo and most importantly ties. I love him and he is my faja.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2009

When my son was booked with Dr. Vander Leek, I looked at this website as was a bit worried. That all changed when I arrived at his office. I can not say enough about how great everything went. As with anything, everyone has their own interpretation of what is being said. Dr. Vander Leek, was great with my son who is 7, very knowledgeable, helpful and in no way did I find him to be arrogant. We were seen early, all of our questions were answered professionally and thoroughly. We have been to two other allergists and did not have the quality of service that Dr. V's office provided. As with most parents I think the ones that rated him poorly already had the answers they wanted in their own head and were not open to listening to his suggestions. I truly believe that this doctor wants to and will help my son cope with his allergies with a comprehensive personalized treatment plan rather than a "blanket" plan that alot of other allergists would suggest. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2009

When my son was 7 yrs old he performed spirometer tests to see if asthma was a consideration. He said the tests were "inconclusive" but suggested that my son go on different drugs anyway....just to see if they help. I asked about waiting another year to see if the spirometer tests were more conclusive before subjecting my son to possibly unnecessary drugs and he became very defensive. I also asked if he put my son on two different drugs, how we would know which one was helping, and he said we could slowly wean him off one or the other and see what happens. Seems a bit backwards....why not try one drug and see what happens etc. Anyway, my son 4 years later has not ever been on any drugs, and now shows no signs of asthma. My son would have unnecessarily been put on drugs he didn't need. The worst of all of this, is the attidute he exhibits when someone even questions him a little bit. In my opinion, it is the parents right (and also their responsibililty) to ask questions!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2009

Dr. VanderLeek sees both my 2 year old son and my 9 year old son for asthma. He is an excellent doctor. He is helpful, caring, compassionate and very knowledgeable. We have been going to see him for just over 2 years and have never had anything but pleasurable experiences. He truly cares about his patients and wants to see them better. I am shocked by some of the negative comments left here and wonder if either he was having a tough day, or was seeing 'tough parents'...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

We took our two year old daughter in to see Dr.Vander Leek and felt very comfortable and confident with what he had to say. Although he seemed a little arrogant, like some of the comments say, he was more then helpful and very respectful to us and our daughter. We think he is very knowledgeable and appreciate what he has done for us. Thanks Doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr Vander Leek is arrogant. Our daughter has several, severe allergies and when he insisted on a food challenge to "see what would happen" he became very defensive when we question why. We have since seen another allergist who told us that Dr's only do food challenges for 2 reasons. One is if the child is believed to have an allergy to the food and if the test shows a negative. Or two if the Dr. is conducting research. I believe that he is conducting research and hides behind that waiver form he wants you to sign. Our new allergist told us the tests they use are sound. He also said a food challenge for a child should only be reserved when there is no other choice because it is extremely INVASIVE He is Harvard educated and was a pedaetrician before he went into allergy and Immunology. For us it's a no brainer. I don't doubt that Dr. VanderLeek is a good Dr. I just believe that he is far too aggressive and when it's your child do you want someone aggressive, or knowledgeable and balanced

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1449565].votes_count ]]