Rate Dr. Heidi Crayton

Dr. Heidi Crayton's Ratings

Dr. Crayton has been my neurologist for about 4 years. She gives a very comprehensive exam. (and I had another neurologist before her so I have a comparison). She is willing to be flexible in my very unusual situation, but always keeps to her professional judgment and standards. She is also really nice, listens well, and does not rush you at all.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2014 | flag

I had been going to a former colleague of her's at Georgetown University Hospital and made the switch because her suburban practice was cheaper and more convenient. She is thorough and likable in the examination room and answers emails, but I sometimes don't believe her pronouncements, such as "buzzing in the ears is a very rare MS symptom." And you know that because...? I was also told MS doesn't cause pain. Yeah, right. I wish I had a template I could place over the heads of such doctors. Anyway..she does not participate with my plan so visits are expensive. There was a staff shake-up soon after I started going to her infusion center where I get my monthly medication. That was discouraging because I really liked the staff who I thought were capable and nice. I was told it was a move to save money. Meanwhile, the infusion nurses who work on a parttime and rotating basis are still nice. The lady at the front desk is a little bossy. Not appreciated. So there.

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag

I highly recommend Dr. Crayton. She is extremely knowledgable and takes time to explain everything. The office staff is very friendly and professional. It was definitely worth my having to drive over an hour to the office!

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. C is absolutely the best neurologist that I have ever had in my entire life dealing with Multiple Sclerosis. I have had some bad neuro's before her, but she is totally worth the 1.5 hour drive to her office. I you have dealt with Greater DC area traffic, you understand. In all honesty, if I had to, I would WALK/Crawl to her office. I truly Trust Dr. Crayton with my life and I knew that she was the Dr. for me when she interacted with my wife well, unlike some of the other neuro docs closer to home. I would also say that since she ONLY deals with MS patients, she certainly knows more about how the disease may progress.

Submitted May 7, 2012 | flag