Rate Dr. Heidi Crayton

Dr. Heidi Crayton's Ratings

Dr. Crayton should not be seeing any patients!! She is knowingly administering an extremely dangerous drug to her MS patients, for which she is given 5k per shot given to each patient once a month. This drug is suppose to help with MS symptoms as per her recommendations!! Taking it for a prolonged amount of time releases a virus called JC, located in the spine. After a few months of that it develops into PML. In my experience my friend died 3 months after PML diagnosis!! Which she would have never contracted without that drug Dr. Crayton was giving her. If anyone has family members receiving MS treatment from her I would look into what they are being given as soon as possible. She should be closed down!! It's a disgrace for a woman let alone a doctor to purposely harm people for the extra buck makes me sick!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2696914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

Dr. Crayton has been my neurologist for about 4 years. She gives a very comprehensive exam. (and I had another neurologist before her so I have a comparison). She is willing to be flexible in my very unusual situation, but always keeps to her professional judgment and standards. She is also really nice, listens well, and does not rush you at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][569654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

I had been going to a former colleague of her's at Georgetown University Hospital and made the switch because her suburban practice was cheaper and more convenient. She is thorough and likable in the examination room and answers emails, but I sometimes don't believe her pronouncements, such as "buzzing in the ears is a very rare MS symptom." And you know that because...? I was also told MS doesn't cause pain. Yeah, right. I wish I had a template I could place over the heads of such doctors. Anyway..she does not participate with my plan so visits are expensive. There was a staff shake-up soon after I started going to her infusion center where I get my monthly medication. That was discouraging because I really liked the staff who I thought were capable and nice. I was told it was a move to save money. Meanwhile, the infusion nurses who work on a parttime and rotating basis are still nice. The lady at the front desk is a little bossy. Not appreciated. So there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][569653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Crayton. She is extremely knowledgable and takes time to explain everything. The office staff is very friendly and professional. It was definitely worth my having to drive over an hour to the office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][569652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

Dr. C is absolutely the best neurologist that I have ever had in my entire life dealing with Multiple Sclerosis. I have had some bad neuro's before her, but she is totally worth the 1.5 hour drive to her office. I you have dealt with Greater DC area traffic, you understand. In all honesty, if I had to, I would WALK/Crawl to her office. I truly Trust Dr. Crayton with my life and I knew that she was the Dr. for me when she interacted with my wife well, unlike some of the other neuro docs closer to home. I would also say that since she ONLY deals with MS patients, she certainly knows more about how the disease may progress.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][569651].votes_count ]]