Rate Dr. Richard G. Harris

Dr. Richard G. Harris's Ratings

I believe the people that wrote bad reviews on the staff must have done something or said something wrong there has never been a time when I was ever treated less than pleasant. The staff is very helpfully they have gone beyond for me. They always have bent over backwards for me helping me in any way they can I am self pay an have never been treated as some people stated that they put the all mighty dallor in front of the patient in fact it is the opposite we all miss danna but the new office help is amazing as well. There isn't enough I can say that can ever show how greatfull I am for every thing they have done for me. As for the doctor he is in my book the nicest and most caring doctor I have had the privaledge to know and have been lucky enough to see. He actually listens and does everything he can to help. I have had doctors shake there head when I talk I have had doctors care more about money and I have had doctors not remember who I was or what I went to see them for. I have had a hard time with money and the doctor knowing this has done everything he can to make it easier for me who can say that for there doctors and who can say there doctor has not had to look at the chart to remember what you are there for. To me that is the most comforting ability any doctor can have. I have been thinking of a way to thank the doctor and staff for everything they have done for me and it is very difficult. All I can say is Dr Harris your the best and thankyou to the staff. And those who wrote a bad review you are 100 percent wrong its you that's probly rude and mad because you didn't get your way. This is my doctor and I don't appreciate what you said

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014 | flag

my name is gloria and i have been going to doctor harris' office for 5 years. i have met his wife. i have met his son, i have met lora and julia and donna. and for the 5 years i have went to his clinic i have never had a single problem with this doctor, the establishment, or the office staff. i am always treated with respect and dignity when i go there. dr harris is a very well rounded and intellegent individual. he is very understanding and always looks out for his patients best interests. i have always said " a paroll officer shouldnt be a paroll officer if he has never been on paroll". and a pain management doctor shouldnt be a pain management doctor if he has never experienced pain. and that i think is what sets this man apart from the other dr.s in reno. he well understands the limits of pain that one person can endure and is very thoughtfull about how he can make his patients life's easier to deal with such bone clinching pain. he is outstanding in my book, BEST in reno. period.

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Harris Wife no longer works in the office. Julie who is very down to business is not rude unless you come at her like an idiot. Her Daughter Donna who is as polite as can be works the receptionist. Dr. Harris on my initial meeting with him actually listened to me rather than just relying on my chart. Together we put together a pain management program that has been working for months. He is a little short on administering local anesthetic when doing Nerve Blocks as the initial administration of anesthetic hurts as much as the Nerve Block injection. He also is not afraid to RX heavier pain medications when needed but is very conservative in doing so. He is the best I have found in the Reno Sparks area and I have seen them all. One thing! He will charge you 15.00 to rewrite an RX should you loose one or not fill it within twelve days of the writing. Doctors should tell you that Prescriptions expire in twelve days. It does not seem like a lot to ask for a duplicate Rx.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Harris for over a year and have always found him and his staff helpful and they have always treated me very well. I do not feel rushed by him and he really takes time to explain the cause behind my pain. He is very fast to identify and correct and new pain issues I have which is such a nice change from past doctors. He is proactive instead of reactive but doesn't recommend expensive treatments. He is also very understanding and kind.

Submitted April 19, 2011 | flag

This doctor uses a very practical approach to pain managment which seems to be as little invasiveness as possible. Refreshing. In additition based on some basic workup was able to pinpoint one crucial cause which no one both at Mayo and Reno failed to do. His approach is very relaxed and I enjou that he shares information as if I were a colleage. There have been rare occasions when staff may have taken upon themselves {his wife} to make unwarrented diagnosis over the phone and sonetimes prescriptions wetr promised to be available with some hiccups, however I believe they all mean well and I have much confidence in Dr. Harris who is extremely knowledgeable and has been an invaluable part of my pain management. THANK YOU DOC!

Submitted April 26, 2010 | flag

I was referred to this physician for pain management. Although it seems that he has helped me with my medical issues, because of his rude staff members, I will not be returning for continued treatment. I believe all his staff members are family. Not good business !!!

Submitted July 20, 2009 | flag

At first, this doctor comes across a bit distant and intimidating, however, as I let him continue his observations just from having read my chart I then became a fan. Dr. Harris demonstrated an amazing range of knowledge going into why Fibromyalgia is a real illness to talking about abnormal bone growth in the spine and M.S. Before I met this doctor I ridiculed any doctor using the word Fibromyalgia, but no more. I was also relieved to learn that he didn't feel I had this illness and went very deep into questions and medications as well as again my chart which my primary doctor made sure contained all pertinent information. After my 1st appointment I honestly felt like I had been admitted into a private and secret medical practice that only the privileged and elite were allowed to go. That's how good this doctor is. Not only does he deal with medicine, but epidurals plus some. Also, after only 2 mos, he filled my prescription without having to look at my chart. IMPRESSIVE!!!

Submitted April 27, 2009 | flag

His office staff is horrible, one of the worst in town. He is OK, pleasant bed side manner. But I left only because of his staff. They are extremely rude, putting the all mighty dollar a priority over patient care. Too bad that his staff is his family. That makes it very difficult. I left, glad I did.

Submitted March 14, 2009 | flag