Rate Dr. Douglas Kibblewhite

Dr. Douglas Kibblewhite's Ratings

I thank god I didn't go with Dr.Kibblewhite. I had 2 consults with him for a revision rhinoplasty. The first consult I brought a book with photos I had printed to show the type of looks I liked and he literally laughed in my face and told me it was impossible to achieve anything relatively close to any of them. He then went on to tell me that because I'm half African American I was born with a weaker structure nose than every other race with flimsy cartilage and " Excessively thick skin". I felt that was a racially insensitive comment. He showed me what he thought he could do so I came back for another consultation a month later. The second time I came back he acted as if he didn't even remember me and then created a rhinoplasty plan that was completely different from the first consult. On top of that the front desk woman with the bad teeth was sharp and rude on both occasion in person and over the phone. I broke of my surgery with him because of all this.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

My surgery resulted in a severely crooked S-shape assymetrical nose. It was visible instantly after the surgery. Moreover, the stitches were applied sloppy, with a piece of skin hanging from the thread. Worst is that the doctor did not admit it, and instructed me to wait a year. No better. 18 months. He finally offered a revision rhinoplasty, his fee waived. He kept telling that revisions are even harder and success rates drop with each one. I did not feel confident he would do the best he can for me, so as hard as it was to go pay someone else, I did it and have no regrets. I chose to forgo a free surgery, do your research whether you choose to pay for one.

Submitted June 14, 2013 | flag

Miracles happen. After 4 rhinoplasties I came to see Dr. Kibblewhite because I had trouble breathing, my air pathways were blocked, I snored heavily at night and I had a bump on my nose. Dr. Kibblewhite fixed ALL OF THE ABOVE as a real pro and virtuoso that he is. He is a true master of his domain i.e. NOSES. I had a graft taken from my rib and everything went very well. Whenever I had any questions (even really silly ones post surgery), Dr. Kibblewhite was always available to answer my questions in a kind, knowledgeable, good humoured manner. He really knows what he's doing, I trusted him with my face and very happy with the result. Also, my case was especially difficult because it was my 5th revision rhinoplasty and they become increasingly difficult with each time. I hoped that it would be my last rhinoplasty and it is. His assistant, Elizabeth is also very professional and extremely nice. I had a great experience all the way. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Submitted Feb. 17, 2013 | flag

I went to this doctor for a rhinoplasty revision, he had told me he was one of the best revision surgeons in western Canada. I went ahead with the operation and my nose turned out terrible.This doctor refused to fix it or refund any money.He became very condesending and short with me on the follow up appointments.He basicly told me he would not be able to help me anymore.I would not recommend Dr. Kibblewhite if you want to get your nose fixed.I ended up going to another, world renowned surgeon and paid $14,000. My nose now looks great.I urge people to research your Doctor before you go ahead with any surgery.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2013 | flag

I had my nose fixed by Dr. Kibblewhite. He was patient, was caring and was the only doctor who asked for my previous photo to see what my natural nose looked like. I had my nose done by another surgeon 10 years ago but was completely ruin. Dr. Kibblewhite helped me by adding to my nose and making it more natural and suitable for my face. I'm a 29 years old Asian male and am completely satisfied with the service. I think the most important thing is communication. I was open with him about what I want and he offered me his advice. The result completely exceeded my expectation. And I'm now very happy with my nose.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2012 | flag

would not recommend this doctor to do nose surgery. He ruined my nose and I had to go through a second surgery by him to fix it. I am left with a nose that I am very unhappy with and throughout the whole process he acts like its no big deal. Please do your research and have many consultations before you get surgery done by him. Very dissapointing since I was referred to him by the best

Submitted May 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Kibblewhite was funny, helpful and the surgery he performed has made an immense difference. I can finally breathe after many years of being plugged up. The difference was immediate and I only wish I had done the surgery years earlier. I would not hesitate to recommend this doctor.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2011 | flag

He is the best! I am very happy with the result, don't have breathing problems anymore and my nose looks great :-) most people even don't notice i had a surgery but everybody thinks I look much better for some reasons ;-)

Submitted Jan. 20, 2011 | flag

A great choice for a nose revision. He is very professional and always put a smile on my face. He is very good at giving you the results you want. Not creating the same cookie cutter nose for every woman that walks through his door. He gave me a beautiful nose and I am so thankful to find a good doctor. This is my 2nd surgery and I am sooooooo pleased with him. I will Only recommend him to anyone I know. Thank you so much Dr. Kibblewhite you have made my life so much more beautiful!!

Submitted Oct. 27, 2010 | flag

Good skills and good results in the end, but poor bedside manner. Got toxic shock syndrome from gauze in my nose, but he seemed to ignore it, just amped up the antibiotics, not cool.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2010 | flag