Dr. Lawrence Silverberg

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 32 reviews. Dr. Lawrence Silverberg has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3588700
28/10/13 5 5 5 5 Instinctively 5 stars; 1 for each of these: - Helpful and friendly front-end staff - When's the last time you've been brought in by the doc himself from the waiting room and escorted without wait time to the exam room?!?! - An often overlooked feature of excellence is when the doc takes a few minutes to break down the problem, lay out the options, and close with a personalized solution; you get that here. - Clean office and latest medical equipment (i.e. laser mapwork to generate 3D model to design custom orthodics) - Silverberg loves his job, knows his specialty, and provides likely matchless service compared to his competition. Keep up the good work and thanks to those who went before and left a review trail behind; that's how I found him, and if your wise, you'll make the same true for you. -RAR
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2753357

04/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg is truly AMAZING! He performed surgeries for my painful and severely deformed bunions & corrected few hammer toes (Jun/Jul '13). He's also very pleasant, warm, & has a great sense of humor. My major concern was my recovery to when I can return to my normal routine of dance, running, & martial arts. He thoroughly explained my condition, the surgery, length of recovery, & what to expect. There was no pressure from him to proceed. I'm now 7 wks post op with my LEFT foot & it looks sooooo pretty. My pain was minimal during wk 1 & improves each day. The swelling was expected, but tolerable. The scar is minimal & cleverly positioned on the side of the foot. I'm now 1 wk post op with my RIGHT foot & it is looking really good as well! Not only is Dr. Silverberg a superb podiatrist & surgeon who takes pride in his work, he is also a master of artistry. He does beautiful work. I can't wait for full recovery to show off my dancing feet. I'm very happy. Thank you Dr. Silverberg!!
RID: 2703305

08/07/13 5 5 5 5 I had an excruciatingly painful foot problem three days before my wedding, and intent on walking, rather than hobbling, up the aisle, I called my doctor, who recommended Dr. Silverberg. Adding me to his schedule on an hour's notice, he was everything you would want a doctor to be: thorough in his testing, logical in his diagnosis and explanation, and considerate (i.e., gentle) in applying a generally unpleasant treatment (a cortisone shot into a joint). The treatment worked perfectly, and quickly, so I didn't have to take him up on his offer to provide further care during a weekend; and he followed up a couple of weeks later with an explanation of the test results. Very impressive all around.
RID: 2637361

01/05/13 5 5 5 5 I had a great experience with Dr. Silverberg. I found him online and all of the positive patient reviews I had read about him were all exactly as described. I had some ongoing issues with foot pain and Dr. Silverberg helped me diagnose and treat the problem. Thank you Dr. Silverberg!  Respond
RID: 2549488

03/02/13 1 1 1 1 Horrible experience. Surgery performed by Dr. Silverberg left me in constant pain 24/7, disabled, unemployed and depressed. I cannot walk, the damage that he caused cannot be repaired, and I have to live with this intense pain for the rest of my miserable life. I chose him after reading all the online reviews. Don't believe these reviews, they are not genuine. The use of identical phrases over and over shows they are written by one person. He misrepresents himself by claiming to be "the best foot surgeon in NY and the country". This is far from the truth. It is also not true that he works at Beth Israel Hospital. Somebody told me that it is dangerous to choose a doctor using the internet. I should have listened.  See Responses

03/02/13 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2547035

31/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lawrence Silverberg is a very knowledgeable doctor. From the day I did my consultation up to my surgery and follow-up appointments he has been very helpful and patient in answering all questions and concerns. In fact, he called to check up on me the next day after my surgery to ensure I was feeling ok. Since then he has been a great resource of information and is overall an amazing doctor. You will not be disappointed!!! Additionally, I am very pleased with my results and how I have been healing. I have recommended many people to him and will continue to do so.  Respond
RID: 2492615

07/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Silverberg changed my life! I had what has been described as one of the worst bunions ever seen. The big toe on my left foot was completely turned and lapped over the next toe. The bunion was grossly protruded. I walked on sheer bone underneath the big toe & I was in constant pain. I was desperate to find a doctor to help me. After reading all the great reviews about Dr Silverberg I made an appt for consultation. He & his staff were wonderful. He clearly explained the surgical procedure & his compassion & professionalism made me confident he could help me. He operated in Sept 2011 & put a metal plate in the mid part of my foot and 2 pins in my big toe. I never experienced any pain during my recovery. Dr S is a miracle worker...caring, compassionate, & extremely knowledgeable. The first time I saw my foot in sandals I cried. It's 15 mos later & my foot still looks great. I have told everyone I know about this wonderful doctor. THANK YOU, Dr Silverberg, I am forever grateful to you!
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2420220

08/09/12 5 5 5 5 I was extremely satisfied with the innovative treatment to my problem that Dr. Lawrance recommended which was not only a cheaper solution but also a more comfortable one. I have had a bump underneath my foot which has been diagnosed with a rare case of benign tumor and I was recommended a surgery to take it out by 2 different doctors before I went to see Dr. Silverberg. Dr. Silverberg tdecided that I should try some steroid shots before the surgery. He explained that surgery is a complicated process and he would not recommend it before this treatment. Not I only saved expenses that would come with being on a surgery but also I had almost no discomfort after the shots. I strongly recommend Dr. Silverberg. As a patient I felt he really cares about me although I only had 3 appointments with him. I am really thankful that I found him and I know where to go when I have any foot problems in the future.
RID: 2415836

03/09/12 5 5 5 5 If you're looking for a great podiatrist-you need look no further. I recently was treated by Dr. Silverberg and came away not only with my toe issue being fixed and my pain relieved, but I felt that I had just been seen by a doctor who actually cared about my experience while I was there. Upon arrival, I was greeted by his staff and promptly seen by Dr. Silverberg. His manner was welcoming and quickly put me at ease. He clearly presented various options of treatment, which we then discussed and agreed on a course of action. His skill quickly solved my problem and I was happily on my way. The follow-up visit proved to be as professional and pleasant as well. Dr. Silverberg has created a practice that gave me outstanding care, solved my foot problem and did it in a professional, courteous and friendly way. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome!
RID: 2415716

02/09/12 5 5 5 5 My first visit to Dr. Silverberg was an A+ experience! He is patient, kind, and has a good sense of humor. He made me feel comfortable, and confident in his professionalism. Most important, there was no pressure. I was provided with a clear treatment plan and we decided that I would come back to the office after "sandal season". Happily I have finally found my Podiatrist.
Insurance: GHI
Respond

01/08/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

29/07/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2201582

04/06/12 5 5 5 5 It was a phenomenal experience from the initial consultation, pre-surgery preparation, surgery and follow-up visits. Now, I know why so many of his patients feel compelled to write great reviews about Dr. Lawrence Silverberg. His approach to patient care, willingness to explain the procedure and answer all your questions, surgical skills and genuine interest in his patients were far, far better than what I had expected. I had bunion surgery about two months ago. It was extremely large, about the size of a walnut. My procedure took a little more than an hour, and to my amazement, I felt absolutely no pain during or anytime after the surgery. In a few weeks, I was able to walk fairly normally. In summary my review is five out of five stars, thumbs up, A+, highly recommended and all the above! So if you’re looking for the best foot surgeon in New York, look no further – Dr. Lawrence Silverberg should be your first and only call.
RID: 1292515

12/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg was awesome. I was strung along by a doctor with an excellent reputation on the Upper East Side in pain for three and half years. I walked into Dr. Silverberg's office he said, "I can fix that."" The surgery was successful. My pain is gone. Dr. Silverberg has amazing bedside manners and his office is pleasant and efficient as is he...Dr. Silverberg is genuinely concerned, caring, professional and skilled. I highly recommend him to anyone with foot pain.  Respond
RID: 1284760

02/11/10 5 5 5 5 I give this doctor my highest recommendation. I have been his patient for over 20 years. He has performed surgery on my right foot for a bunion. I was very plesed he took time and explained everything to me even the part I wasn't awake for. thatis his main quality in my opinion, He take s the time he doesn' keep you waiting and he is pleasent. He listens. he is professional.  Respond
RID: 1279197

25/10/10 5 5 5 5 Great doctor - my experience was good, start to finish. He is friendly and approachable, and I had great confidence that he knows his stuff. I knew that I was in good hands - and that, in the battle to get good healthcare, he was on my side.
RID: 1270827

13/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg has been extremely helpful in helping to treat an injured foot; very encouraging during the 6 weeks that I had to wear a boot on my foot during the summer; plus, both of my parents have seen him and he's put up with my mother "checking in" on my treatment :) I have and would recommend him to others!
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1270718

13/10/10 5 5 5 5 this doctor was very efficient and knowledgable in solving my foot problem in just 3 visits. Thanks Dr. silverberg.
RID: 1267842

08/10/10 5 5 5 5 To say Dr. Silverberg was my savior last week, is an understatement. Here's what happened - I broke my pinky toe a week before I was supposed to get married. It was so bad that it was sticking out at a 90 degree angle to the side. I called Dr. Silverberg and although he didn't have any available appointments, he came in at 7:30AM to meet with me, before his regular schedule. He re-set my toe with very little pain and made it look even better than it did before I broke it. Although he prescribed pain medicine, I felt very little pain and upon my second visit (again he came in early for me) my toe was looking magically improved. I got married as planned and even had high-heels on for 8-straight hours. I highly reccommend Dr. Silverberg for his attention to detail, professionalism, care and for going above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you Doc!  Respond
RID: 1266298

06/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Silverberg fitted me in last minute when I had a serious ankle issue, which I was very grateful for. Another real plus is he doesn't make you wait in the waiting area and really he knows his stuff! Thank you!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1266148

06/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg went out of his way to arrange for an MRI on short notice to diagnose a stress fracture on my foot. He also immediately got me an appoint mention with another podiatrist, whom he trusted, to get me fitted with a cast so that I could begin the healing process. Dr. Silverberg was kind enough to call me in the evening to report in the MRI results. You just don't see doctors who care like that these days. He is an outstanding podiatrist. He was able to come to the conclusion that I had a stress fracture before I had the results off the MRI. Thank you Dr. Silverberg!
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1264086

03/10/10 5 5 5 5 I went to visit Dr. Silverberg for a hammer toe which I wanted to get surgery for. He took his time and explained to me every detail of the operation. I never felt rushed and that was a huge plus for me. I felt very comfortable with him and decided to go for the surgery with him. His lovely secretary was able to schedule the operation to the best of my needs and surgery was done. That same day of the surgery he called me at night to follow up and was told to call him for any questions! On my last visit, I saw the pre- and post-operation picture. And let me tell you my toe looks great! I’ll always be so thankful to you and I’ll be glad to recommend Dr Silverberg to anyone who needs a podiatrist.
RID: 1263753

02/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg is a true professional. I went to him for treatment for heel spurs as well as plantar warts. He always explained my options very clearly and let me know what to expect. He never over promised results and ultimately delivered with 100% successful treatment for both of my problems. He also has a really good sense of humor. I will recommend him highly to anyone with any type of foot problem. Thank you Dr. Silvergerg. Tom M.
RID: 1263380

01/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg fixed my painful bunion, leaving my foot better than ever with minimal scarring. I will be going back to have my other foot done. The staff at City Footcare is always friendly and efficient and my appts always began on time. I recommend Dr. Silverberg to anyone with foot problems.
RID: 1263222

01/10/10 5 5 5 5 I have really bad flat feet so I've been to about 6 or 7 podiatrists over the years - I have to say, Dr. Silverberg is by far the best I've experienced. Really friendly and super knowledgable, he explained to me (in language I understood) the mechanics of the foot and what caused my left foot in particular to form a bunion. Last week, I had surgery (performed by Dr. Silverberg) and my recovery has been virtually painless. I had heard some horror stories from friends about bunion surgery so I was a bit nervous about the recovery process - but it's been great. Dr. Silverberg even called the next day to check in on me. Also, Dr. Silverberg has always run on schedule with me (in fact, for my last appointment, he took me 20 minutes early). This is important because I usually schedule appointments during lunch breaks. Oh and his staff is really friendly too - another plus :) I can't recommend him enough. Seriously.
RID: 1262091

30/09/10 5 4 5 5 I saw Dr. Silverberg several times since January of 2010 to help me with severe Platar fasciitis that I had experienced since June of 2009. What I appreciate the most about Dr. Silverberg is he refused to jump into some of the newer, more expensive therapies (PRP, EWST) even though my insurance would cover them, because he is not confident in their sucess for treating the condition. He worked with me over the past 9 months to (thus far, fingers crossed) find a treatment plan that worked for my specific condition. I would highly recommend Dr. Silverberg for anyone with foot problems and will continue to see him myself should this condition re-appear (as is sometimes known to occur).
RID: 1261752

29/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg literally turned my life around. He charges reasonably for custom orthotics and literally turned my life around. I went from being unable to walk for more than 15 minutes without being in extreme pain to going to culinary school and working in a professional kitchen. In other words, I'm now on my feet from 7 to 16 hours a day, 6 days a week, without any of the pain I used to feel. (Tired feet, yes; debilitating pain, no.) I couldn't be doing this if it weren't for Dr. Silverberg. I went back to him today -- travelling over 150 miles to do so -- because of his compassion, skill, encouragement and reasonable rates. I can't rate Dr. Silverberg highly enough!
RID: 1155238

22/04/10 5 5 5 5 I have had issues with my feet for sometime now. Dr. Silverberg not only started me on a plan to fix the problem, but actually took the time and explained why and how I had this problem, he litterally drew a picture to help me understand the problem and course of treatment. Polite, Down to earth, but most important he doesn't treat you like a number. This man takes time to help you and it's no wonder that he really knows his stuff.
RID: 1154971

22/04/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg's office and waiting room is clean and comfortable. He greeted me almost immediately upon finishing the paperwork. I liked his easygoing personality, professional manner and knowledgeable diagnosis. He clearly explained my options and I felt confident in his assessment.
RID: 1143443

06/04/10 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Friendly, knowledgeable, and timely. Took the time to make sure I understood all my options and what exactly was going on with my foot pain. I would recommend to anyone who needs a podiatrist.
RID: 1139007

29/03/10 5 5 5 5 My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Silverberg for an injury and he was great. He is very knowledgeable and willing to devote time to providing explanation/answering questions necessary to provide good patient care.
RID: 1136292

25/03/10 5 5 5 5 when I moved to Murray Hill I needed a local foot doctor so I came across Dr. Silverberg on Google. He is a great guy, real down to earth, and did a great job on my ingrown toe nails. Another great perk, he doesn't keep you waiting, very punctual. I definitely recommend using him if you need a podiatrist!
RID: 1109439

18/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg was very thorough and knowledgeable. He explained everything in detail and used great analogies to describe my problem so that I understood the cause. He solved my problem and I feel great and am back to running. I would highly recommend him to anyone with foot problems.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 136044

11/02/07 5 5 5 Dr. Silverberg took the time to explain my problem in great detail. He is very knowledgable and has a great bed-side manner. He performed bunion surgery on me with an amazing result. I had very little pain after surgery and my foot feels and looks great. He did a plastic surgery type closure. He may be the best doctor (not just podiatrist) I've ever been to. *He's very easy on the eyes too ;-)
Paid (or co-pay): $15