Rate Dr. Edsel Ing

Dr. Edsel Ing's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Ing for strabismus. Everything went well and beyond expectations. He is an excellent surgeon, would highly recommend Dr. Ing for strabismus based on my wonderful experience with him. Thank you Dr. Ing!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

He is clearly a very skilled surgeon, but can be unhelpful in more complex situations when a few issues need to be dealt with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

My 3-y-old son has strabismus. Dr Ing has been very helpful, empathetic, patient, and open-minded to discussing alternate treatments. He also has a friendly personality; my son likes him very much and is not intimidated by him. We feel very grateful for his detailed diagnosis and clear explanations. We think he is a wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Ing for my strabismus, which I had from a young age and had been treated with surgery and Botox (twice). I had a fear of further surgery, from my experience at 10 yrs. of age and another surgeon, that in retrospect, lacked beside manner. Dr. Ing impressed me immediately with his warm manner and his expertise. I was very comfortable signing up for surgery. All went as he described with great results. I have since recommended him to others and wish I had met Dr. Ing many years ago so I wouldn`t have had to struggle with strabismus for so long. We are very privileged to have so much eye expertise in Toronto. Dr. Ing is a gifted doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Ing by several VERY medically knowable people, saying that he is one of the tops in his specialty. One of these people is a Neurologist who worked with Dr. Ing for many years. The only complaint is about his office, being the wait time. To be expected to see one of the best. Dr.Ing is very professional, personable and extremely knowable. He did surgery on my eye that went perfect. What else can you ask for? FOUR thumbs up for Dr. Ing. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2012

Dr. Ing was referred to me by my neurologist at Sunnybrook. It was a 6 month wait but well worth it for me, since I was in no rush. Dr. Ing's office is always busy, and there is always a wait but for first time patients, it's because you will have to have the routine eye examinations (DOF and standard tests) while you are there-BEFORE he sees you. Dr. "Galina", his resident, does a thorough check and will take the time to go through as many details as possible. When Dr.Ing comes in, he rechecks everything, all tests, and medical history and reassesses and makes his diagnosis. He is very thorough and detailed, and gave me his recommendations. I saw him for surgery 2 weeks later. Surgery was easy and uneventful (no sedation for eyelid surgery- just local a aesthetic- no pain or discomfort)... Post op..very little bruising or swelling...I was back at work that afternoon. Tiny dot like sutures were slightly visible until they were removed 10 days later (5 mins to remove). Happy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2012

Doctor is very patient,knowledgeable, respectful. He answered all of our questions without feely rushed. He made recommedations and offered that he would help in getting a doctor for the urgent surgery. The office staff did most of the testing and I felt like I was in an assembly line moving from one station to another. Waited 3 months for appointment. Office staff answers your phone call and respond accordingly to your request.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2012

I have a worst experience with this doctor. He never listen to you(patient), when you tell him something he doesn't he listen and ignore it which is why I agreed with the negative review since that person is right and he is telling the true. This doctor only left everything for his student to do and he doesn't even look at your file and just guess it to something not so serious but in fact it's more serious. I will not recommend anyone go to this doctor, I have found another doctor another another opinion I will never go back to this doctor or trust him at all! He is one of the worst doctor I ever seen. He isn't careful at all, will misdiagnosis you for sure when you have something serious and will misdiagnosis something not so serious.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2012

I just had a mass removed from behind my eye due to a leaky blood vessel, by Dr. Ing. I am still recovering at time of writing. I was given all my options and risks and made the final call. An opening came up and took it. Recovery is slow, as the eye is still not moving like the other but given the 4.5hr surgery I can understand. I can't wait for it to work again !! It is tough to get thru to the dr. even with msgs. I can only assume they are very busy. He is excellent !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

Dr. Ing was one of the nicest and most competent specialists I have ever met. He has a very comforting presence, and answered all of my questions without rushing me. He even has a great sense of humour--something I did not expect from someone of his standing. He did a beautiful job removing a benign lump on my eyelid, and his assistant (I believe her name is Amanda?) was also a great support to a chicken like me during the procedure. Even though it took many months to get an appointment with him, he was worth the wait. I would 100% recommend him for eye procedures, and wish more physicians were as personable as Dr. Ing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454581].votes_count ]]