Rate Dr. Edsel Ing

Dr. Edsel Ing's Ratings

Horrible experience. Incompetent staff. Advice to doctor, replace your young receptionist; her people skills are non existent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2736692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

He was a really amazing doctor! He knows what he is talking about and he is a friendly and genuine person!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2720122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

My grandmas appointment was at 0930, it is 1039 and still no pre examination. We're sitting around and getting really impatient. No acknowledgement from any of the staff, the Asian reception has the worst attitude and looks like she hasn't had a shower in days

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2702091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Dr Edsel Ing is thorough when explaining the steps and risks associated with every surgical procedure. He's approachable and kind. However, his secretary whose name I'm guessing is Melanie (long light brown hair) is beyond rude. Prepare to be spoken to condescendingly when having your eyes pre-checked for the doctor and curtly answered when asking questions. Not impressed, Dr. Edsel Ing should consider hiring someone more professional towards patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Ing does not appear to be interested in completing or following up on his work. I had strabismus as well as ptosis and he was not willing to do any follow up after the initial strabismus operation. When I came for my scheduled post-op exam he appeared irritated. He is a good surgeon, but go elsewhere for good care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Ing for strabismus. Everything went well and beyond expectations. He is an excellent surgeon, would highly recommend Dr. Ing for strabismus based on my wonderful experience with him. Thank you Dr. Ing!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

He is clearly a very skilled surgeon, but can be unhelpful in more complex situations when a few issues need to be dealt with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

My 3-y-old son has strabismus. Dr Ing has been very helpful, empathetic, patient, and open-minded to discussing alternate treatments. He also has a friendly personality; my son likes him very much and is not intimidated by him. We feel very grateful for his detailed diagnosis and clear explanations. We think he is a wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Ing for my strabismus, which I had from a young age and had been treated with surgery and Botox (twice). I had a fear of further surgery, from my experience at 10 yrs. of age and another surgeon, that in retrospect, lacked beside manner. Dr. Ing impressed me immediately with his warm manner and his expertise. I was very comfortable signing up for surgery. All went as he described with great results. I have since recommended him to others and wish I had met Dr. Ing many years ago so I wouldn`t have had to struggle with strabismus for so long. We are very privileged to have so much eye expertise in Toronto. Dr. Ing is a gifted doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Ing by several VERY medically knowable people, saying that he is one of the tops in his specialty. One of these people is a Neurologist who worked with Dr. Ing for many years. The only complaint is about his office, being the wait time. To be expected to see one of the best. Dr.Ing is very professional, personable and extremely knowable. He did surgery on my eye that went perfect. What else can you ask for? FOUR thumbs up for Dr. Ing. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1454586].votes_count ]]