Rate Dr. Larry P. Leahy

Dr. Larry P. Leahy's Ratings

When I moved to Pittsburgh, I was reluctant to find a new dentist since I'd gone to only one dentist my whole life. But when I went to Dr. Leahy's office, it was cool. They have very nice assistants and the technology there is great. Should you have a dental issue (like a cavity), they will show you a close-up of your mouth on their TV with a special camera. I also like that during the rest of my appt., I can watch TV while I'm in the chair - it's a nice distraction while you're getting drilled! Dr. Leahy was thorough and gentle, the shots of novacaine were easy and quick. I love that he has his dog there in the office - it's a German Shepherd and he is always sweet and gentle and lays peacefully next to your chair while you're getting drilled. The secretary there is nice enough, but one time she interruped the dentist while he was drilling my tooth because she needed him to sign for a package. It was the only unprofessional aspect I've experienced since going there.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

I agree, the dentist seems good, but his staff assistant is awful, she is given too much responsibility for her capabilities and did a poor job causing severe pain for weeks. A dentist is only as good as his staff and his staff reflects him. He needs to oversee the procedures more effectively. She should be fired and qualified people hired or he is going to lose patients. I've already lost mine!

Submitted Feb. 2, 2009 | flag

I have been going to Dr.Leahy for years. He is funny and kind. The office is comfortable and clean. Some of the assistants and receptionists he has had have been, like the previous post said "condescending". If you request the hygenist named Tina, you will leave feeling like a new person!

Submitted Aug. 2, 2006 | flag

I'm a little indifferent to this dentist. He's decent, but likely to recommend cosmetic repairs. Personality-wise, I find one of his assistants condescending and irritating. I don't appreciate being lectured as though I'm a 5 year old when, in fact, I've never had a cavity or any major teeth problems.

Submitted April 11, 2005 | flag