Rate Dr. Wallace Tien

Dr. Wallace Tien's Ratings

My first meeting today ,,, felt very relaxed ,,and he exPlained everything ,,without going Over my head ,,,overall great Visit ,,,,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I really don't understand the negative comments I read about Dr Tien it couldn't have been the same doctor my husband saw. The Dr Tien we saw was called at 7:30 am from the hospital and consulted on a kidney issue identified prior to my husbands hip operation. He voluntarily came to the hospital to see my husband (who was not a patient of his) prior to going to his office. 4 days later he had him in surgery on a Saturday for a ureteroscopy. Knowing my husband had to have the kidney issue resolved prior to his hip operation Dr Tien moved very quickly in scheduling required tests and procedures to be done. We could not have asked for anyone better and thank both him and his secretary for there help. He fully explained things to us and even called our home to advise of upcoming procedures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Saw this doctor in the NS where I put under the false pretense of mental illness after being harmed in the DGH ER. I was too gravely ill to know if he had any abilities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

This guy needs a vacation. he was not helpful at all. everytime i went to talk he put up his hand and cut me off like he was god almighty. he may know his stuff but honestly I never seen that side of him. all I seen was his hand and blah blah blah ! glad I found another guy whom is more caring and explains stuff and most important listens ! my suffering may not be over as of yet but at least i know what the deal is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

Took a year and a half just to get in to see him.have an enlarged prostate and the first visit,he arranged tests and I was to return after the tests for results.When I arrived at the office,thay didn.t have any record of my appointment,but said they would "fit" me in,An hour and a half later I finally got to see the Dr. for 5 minutes and he prescribed pills and said he would see me again in 6 months.In my estimation,very poor attention,regardless of how busy he may be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2011

Dr Tien is an excellent doctor. I saw him over 10 years ago with testicular cancer and I had an operation within one week. Al went well then and since. Follow up has been excellent. He also did my vasectomy. Going back to see him today re enlarged prostrate. Highly recommended. He is knowledgeable, clear and precise yet funny and very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2010

Odd how the reviews for Dr Tien go from one extreme to the other. My experience wasn't a good one much in line with what happened to other folks who weren't happy with his attitude or the way he talks down to his patients. He's probably knowledgeable and most likely a competent surgeon but its not meat hes cutting up its people he should take a moment to think about that. Dr Tien thinks he's top of the totem truth be known there's better men with better attitudes in Halifax. Bottom line is would I trust my life in his hands, answer no, better safe than sorry.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2010

very good dr. had him past 10 years, reading his latest critic, sounds as though he is too busy or overworked, hopefully he just had a bad day

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2010

Although I had a morning appointment, Tien was already running 2 hours late, I guess that can happen. But when my turn came it seemed like Tien wanted to rush through it, maybe to make time up. If I was there to arrange a vasectomy then fair enough, but I'm suffering from prostate cancer, my life is on the line. During the appointment Tien was arrogant in attitude, dismissive of my inquiries, and could have cared less about my concerns. I don't want a Dr who makes decisions about me, without me. If it's just the "snip" that you are looking for then no doubt Tien is as good as thousands of Dr's out there. But if your life is threatened by prostate cancer and you don't fancy "any prize off the bottom shelf" then look for someone else. To make things worse, if that's possible, Tien seems to run a conveyor belt system where anything too big for him gets passed on to "his friend" Dr Bell in Halifax, where you'll be treated with equal disdain, when I saw Bell he hadn't even read my notes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

Excellent Doctor my vasectomy went out without a hitch..He is very professional and knows how to take the jitters out of a sensitive procedure and all the associated isssues

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1458430].votes_count ]]