Rate Dr. Shung Lee

Dr. Shung Lee's Ratings

Dr Shung Lee i one of the best surgeons in bc if not the best he done a abdominal artery right om time met me in the room pushed the strecher i was on into the operation room and dont the operation this was on a Friday when i came out of the anastedices he was there for me and on sunday morning i was on the way home the last three years he has followed up on me great doctor thanks for my days

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

Remarkably rude, irritable and unhelpful office staff. The doctor himself equally rude, especially when I decided to wait for surgery rather than pay him $4000.00 for laser surgery in his office. This is what our health dollars are going to. Incredible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2013

I found Dr Lee to be knowledgeable and straightforward. The procedures were done efficiently. He has a very busy practice and yet found time to take a few minutes to make a personal connection, which I appreciate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

About 1 percent information volunteered in contrast to what I wanted. 2 minutes of his time for 40 minute wait. Dr. Lee was friendly enough and seems capable, but he didn't provide enough information to make an assessment. I would recommend that more time with his patients would make a world of difference. Come prepared with questions and insist on a response.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2012

I was referred to Dr Lee for vericose vein problems I was having. Under Dr. Lees suggestions, I elected for laser treatment. What a mistake! At surgery, I was rushed in and out faster than quality care would certainly permit. I felt I was not given enough information to properly care for my leg after the surgery, and when I called the office a few days after, to my surprise I was told that the Doctor was away for the next two weeks, and was given incorrect information on how long to leave the compression stockings on for. Less than two years later, my vericose veins were back and worse. Clearly I am very displeased with his service. I would suggest that Dr. Lee take time enough to properly explain and give information on his pretreatment and aftercare prtocols as he advertises on his website.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

I suffered a ruptured abdominal artery anuerysm at home. I was taken to naniamo hospital by ambulance. then transported to Victoria Jubilee hospital by helicopter.I probably would have died during emergency surgery. I had lost massive amounts of blood into my abdominal cavity. I was very fortunate that Dr. Lee came in at 1 am. to operate on me. He saved my life by repairing the artery with his skill and knowledge and experience. During my 3 weeks stay in the I.cu. dept. and 2 weeks on the less intensive area Dr lee dropped by a few times to see how I was doing. I found him very friendly and caring. I owe him much gratitude. Thank you. Recommend you highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

I saw this physician twice. the first time he pressured me to pay $4000 for laser surgery and told me that the traditional varicose vein surgery wouldn't work, so I elected not to have the surgery. After 3 years my varicose veins are really bad and I was again referred to him. He wanted to charge $50 for an ultrasound performed in his office - the equipment didn't look sterile to me - and kept me waiting for over an hour. I left before he saw me so I wouldn't get a parking ticket. He is money-grubbing and practices two tier medicine. I felt like a second class client because I wouldn't pay for his services. I'm sure he billed MSP for my visit even though he didn't see me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Dr. Lee was very nice and informative...he was extremely thorough...staff seemed friendly...unfortunately I had to wait a good hour with no explanation but at least an apology...I will receive further treatments...I have every confidence in him as a specialist

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2012

Our experience with Dr.Lee was fantastic ! He was a pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. There was virtually no wait time at his office for an appointment and his assistant Michelle went above and beyond always. Our Daughter has Shung Lee to thank for her successful surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome and her return to competitive swimming. Truly an amazing surgeon, with a fabulous bed side manner and a sense of humour to put even a parent at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2012

Dr. Lee is very thorough and explains everything in detail. Excellent follow-up after surgery. He is very accomodating and understanding when asked questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459046].votes_count ]]