Rate Dr. Patricia Mark

Dr. Patricia Mark's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

I had to laugh as I read the reviews. She scared the heck out of me the first time I met her in the hospital! Yes, Dr. Mark is brusque, outspoken, and always in a hurry. She will call you on your issues. Patience is not one of her virtues. However it comes out, and it will usually be sharp, she is on her patient's side. All that ferocity, that is not comfy to be on the receiving end of, is tremendously effective when aimed at red tape on your behalf. I don't enjoy the way she does it, but, I do feel that: her many years of experience are a huge asset, she is a good, and in her own way, a very understanding, compassionate doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2011

In my opinion Dr Mark is long overdue for retirement. She was our family doctor for 15 years. Due to her aggressive unprofessional response to a health concern during my last appointment, I have had to change doctors. I do not recommend this doctor and am considering laying a complaint with the college of physicians, which prevents me from giving details on this site. I believe she was a good doctor at one time, but is angry and out of control now

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2011

Our doctor for 18 years, very helpful, courteous,knowledgeable and always refers us to specialists when she feels this is necessary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2010

This old horse should be sent to the Knackers Yard. When I visited her, I suggested what my problem may be. She disagreed. The next time when I was in, the student Doctor suggested the same thing that I had said but this time she agreed?!? This is after I could hear her talk bad of me while I was waiting in her office. DO NOT suggest anything with this so-called Doctor and don't even dream of connecting two ailments because you'll have to make two seperate visits anyway plus come away with no solution! She doesn't even care to know of your family health history thus assisting with solving any problems. You are cattle to her! And to add insult to injury, she has quotes on her wall from one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century, Field Marshall Bernard Montgomery. She should stick to the pictures of her family and knick-knacks. What an insult to a Man who looked after his troops and to the MSP paying public of BC. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND STAY CLEAR!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2010

My mom would have been 69 years old this week. She has been gone 10 years after a battle with liver cancer which spread from colon cancer. Had Dr. Mark diagnosed her correctly there may have been enough time to effectively treat the colon cancer. Instead, Dr. Mark diagnosed her with hemmoroids. After months of frustration and exams, my mom requested an appointment with a specialist. The specialist found the tumour immediately and operated successfully on the colon. The liver cancer was terminal. My mom trusted Dr. Mark and precious time was wasted. After the cancer was found, we never heard from Dr. Mark - not to check on my mom or extend any empathy. I can only guess it was because she felt responsible. We did not pursue legal action as my mom needed positive energy to fight the cancer. Also, she was a nurse, so I am not sure she would have wanted us to pursue this. Please, INSIST Dr. Mark LISTEN to you, and request a specialist/another doctor if you are unsatisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2009

Dr. Mark is almost always late and is always in a hurry. She regularly makes her patients wait even longer, while making personal calls. Don't dare ask her about two things on the same visit, no matter how simple - she'll always make you come back to make sure she gets paid a second time ... She is AWFUL with children and has scared our daughter to the point where she refuses to go back to her - (she is fine with all other doctors and dentists) - she is rude and generally refuses to answer questions and/or listen to her patients. Not surprisingly, we have switched doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2009

Dr. Mark is a very busy GP and almost ready to retire I would think. After a concerted effort on my part, training her to listen and do what needs to be done, she is coming along nicely. Only after 15 plus years. They are all the same - its our system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2009

I find Dr Mark to be pleasant but brusque. I don't go in very often and the last time I went in I had made a list of questions and she brushed off everyone of them. I didn't feel like I was heard and have yet to resolve a number of my questions. She seems to assume cuz I'm not overweight that I'm healthy. I understand she's most likely overworked but if there was another doctor I could change to I would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Doesn't listen to symptoms. HARD to make appt with. Often ignores you and ALWAYS pushes you out of the office asap. If you forgot to ask something and try after you've left (and are in the waiting room) the staff will say that you can make another appt for two months away (even when she's in clear site). Gives GREAT care when neglect has landed you in the ER though (this has happened twice). I'm sure she was once a friendly woman who is too overworked to care anymore.... every once in awhile she shows you the great Dr.Mark who enjoys medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1459848].votes_count ]]