Rate Dr. James M. Heaps

Dr. James M. Heaps's Ratings

Dr Heaps is the BEST DOCTOR IN THE COUNTRY.. I was diagnosed March 2012, he was so comforting to me, he explained exactly what I needed, I trust him Completely. DR ANGEL HANDS. I owe him everything he SAVED MY LIFE.. I really look forward to seeing him every 3mths, I am extremely confident in him completely. I sent my friends and clients to him. They are all so HAPPY... Amazing Man, Amazing staff... Thank you for taking great care of me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

On 12/10 I had probably the absolute worst experience ever with Dr. Heaps at the Westwood ucla medical center. This is my mothers second time having breast cancer and he performed a procedure to remove her ovaries. Following the surgery he never reported to my family or my mother anything about the procedure nor did he pass the information on to anyone else to relay. After having the nurse try to contact him for over two hours, I finally received a call back from him. His attitude was the most egregious, condescending belittling tone that I have ever felt with. After asking him why no one had contacted me after I was promised a call even from the initial cut and him responding, " I've never met you, and didn't even know you existed," I was floored! Along with him insisting that I needed to try and find the nurse that had my number and ask her why she didn't pass my information on and how he didn't use the same system as the other employees that work at UCLA , I was baffled. The fact that a doctor that just performed a surgery didn't feel the need to inform the family of the outcome is unbelievable. With this being my mothers forth procedure this year this is defiantly not my first time In a waiting room and I have alway had great doctors who communicated more than enough to make me feel comfortable. After dealing with Dr. James Heaps and his lack of communication or empathy I never want to return to Westwood UCLA. Santa Monica has a much more friendly and better bed sued man jot than Dr. Heaps could ever display! The fact that he repeatedly stated that he has been here 30 Years was even more irritating, because that means that he has no leadership skills or order in his team, and the lack of communication is unheard of!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Dr. Heaps saved my life! I was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer, difficult to treat and difficult to find. I've been in treatment for a while and I've had around 14 doctors. All of them Excellent!!! But Dr. Heaps is above all THE BEST DOCTOR! Very caring, he listens to your questions and answers them in a very through way. He treats you as a whole being. He understands your health and emotional needs while you go thru difficult times. Also, he considers the impact of the diagnosis on the other family members. He is very honest and he is very pedagogical when explaining your health issues. He colleagues call him “angel hands”. He did two surgeries on me and I healed so quickly, I was up and running if half of the recovery time. I would recommend his practice 100%. The employees are also incredible. Once you get to know them they treat you like family. This is the best experience I’ve had given the difficult times and the difficult diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

He's a nice enough man and tries to answer your questions, but unless you have some obvious and outstanding OB/GYN issues, his go-to for unusual gynecological issues is birth control or hysterectomy, without running any tests. He is also misinformed about which birth control pills (BCP) are best for each individual and highly recommends BCPs that are known for having severe side effects like blood clots in the legs. He was not very proactive in researching the causes of symptoms and was content to agree with a previous doctor's diagnosis, without reading a report, testing, or consulting with the previous doctor. Disappointing, as these good reviews presented him as THE doctor to see. Wait time for appointment is long (2 months+), and parking is $11, no validation offered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

Dr. Heaps is worth his weight in gold and then some. The best Dr I have ever dealt with (and unfortunately there have been quite a few). He is extremely knowledgeable and caring and will gladly answer all of your questions and do everything he can to minimize if not eliminate your anxiety and concerns. I trust him 100% and would never have anyone else operating on me. If I didn't have insurance, I would find a way to pay for it. Two of the friends I referred to him have both been equally impressed. He is a great surgeon and an outstanding human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2012

was referred to him for second opinion re LEEP procedure. Mind you, he was my first ever male gyno. Was super nervous. As soon as i met him and his energetic personality, i was calm! He was so helpful with explaining the entire coding of CIN 1-3 and going through pictures. He not only calmed my nerves but also said i don't need leep unless absolutely necessary (i.e., CIN 3). As we all know, good doctor is hard to find and apparently hard to schedule an appt. Good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2012

Excellent Doctor, all around. I cannot recommend him more highly. He is also a nice guy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2011

MOST CARING AND THOROUGH DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET. HIS STAFF IS AMAZING AND WILL ALWAYS TRANSMIT MESSAGES TO THE DOCTOR - AND GET BACK TO YOU IMMEDIATELY WITH AN ANSWER.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2011

Ladies, if you are looking for an OBGYN for any reason at all, i totally recommend Dr Heaps. I went to see him as a student at UCLA and being his patient is the best thing that happened to me in Los Angeles. I had 20 fibroids removed by him and got healed with in such a short time. This man's hands were created to heal. He is the most gentle doctor i have ever been too. He is also a good listener, comforter and he knows his stuff to every detail. I highly, highly recommend him to everyone that i truly care for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2010

I just moved to California last year and was concerned about finding an OB due to some past medical issues. I was recommended by a friend to try Dr. Heaps and I'm so GLAD I went. He's a very knowledgeable & friendly doctor with excellent bedside manner. He explains what he is doing, and is patient and takes the time to answer your questions or clarify anythin you may not understand (without making you feel inferior for asking!) He seems to really care about his patients. The facility is very nice, the staff was friendly and helpful & I would definitely recommend to others! I am having an outpatient procedure after the New Year but he has put me at ease & I'm hopeful that this will solve a 5+ year problem I've been having.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1460025].votes_count ]]