Rate Dr. James M. Heaps

Dr. James M. Heaps's Ratings

Dr. Heaps saved my life! I was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer, difficult to treat and difficult to find. I've been in treatment for a while and I've had around 14 doctors. All of them Excellent!!! But Dr. Heaps is above all THE BEST DOCTOR! Very caring, he listens to your questions and answers them in a very through way. He treats you as a whole being. He understands your health and emotional needs while you go thru difficult times. Also, he considers the impact of the diagnosis on the other family members. He is very honest and he is very pedagogical when explaining your health issues. He colleagues call him “angel hands”. He did two surgeries on me and I healed so quickly, I was up and running if half of the recovery time. I would recommend his practice 100%. The employees are also incredible. Once you get to know them they treat you like family. This is the best experience I’ve had given the difficult times and the difficult diagnosis.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

He's a nice enough man and tries to answer your questions, but unless you have some obvious and outstanding OB/GYN issues, his go-to for unusual gynecological issues is birth control or hysterectomy, without running any tests. He is also misinformed about which birth control pills (BCP) are best for each individual and highly recommends BCPs that are known for having severe side effects like blood clots in the legs. He was not very proactive in researching the causes of symptoms and was content to agree with a previous doctor's diagnosis, without reading a report, testing, or consulting with the previous doctor. Disappointing, as these good reviews presented him as THE doctor to see. Wait time for appointment is long (2 months+), and parking is $11, no validation offered.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2012 | flag

Dr. Heaps is worth his weight in gold and then some. The best Dr I have ever dealt with (and unfortunately there have been quite a few). He is extremely knowledgeable and caring and will gladly answer all of your questions and do everything he can to minimize if not eliminate your anxiety and concerns. I trust him 100% and would never have anyone else operating on me. If I didn't have insurance, I would find a way to pay for it. Two of the friends I referred to him have both been equally impressed. He is a great surgeon and an outstanding human being.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2012 | flag

was referred to him for second opinion re LEEP procedure. Mind you, he was my first ever male gyno. Was super nervous. As soon as i met him and his energetic personality, i was calm! He was so helpful with explaining the entire coding of CIN 1-3 and going through pictures. He not only calmed my nerves but also said i don't need leep unless absolutely necessary (i.e., CIN 3). As we all know, good doctor is hard to find and apparently hard to schedule an appt. Good luck!

Submitted Sept. 28, 2012 | flag

Excellent Doctor, all around. I cannot recommend him more highly. He is also a nice guy!

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag

MOST CARING AND THOROUGH DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET. HIS STAFF IS AMAZING AND WILL ALWAYS TRANSMIT MESSAGES TO THE DOCTOR - AND GET BACK TO YOU IMMEDIATELY WITH AN ANSWER.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2011 | flag

Ladies, if you are looking for an OBGYN for any reason at all, i totally recommend Dr Heaps. I went to see him as a student at UCLA and being his patient is the best thing that happened to me in Los Angeles. I had 20 fibroids removed by him and got healed with in such a short time. This man's hands were created to heal. He is the most gentle doctor i have ever been too. He is also a good listener, comforter and he knows his stuff to every detail. I highly, highly recommend him to everyone that i truly care for.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2010 | flag

I just moved to California last year and was concerned about finding an OB due to some past medical issues. I was recommended by a friend to try Dr. Heaps and I'm so GLAD I went. He's a very knowledgeable & friendly doctor with excellent bedside manner. He explains what he is doing, and is patient and takes the time to answer your questions or clarify anythin you may not understand (without making you feel inferior for asking!) He seems to really care about his patients. The facility is very nice, the staff was friendly and helpful & I would definitely recommend to others! I am having an outpatient procedure after the New Year but he has put me at ease & I'm hopeful that this will solve a 5+ year problem I've been having.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2010 | flag

I waited more than 2 mos to see Dr. Heaps, it's totally worth!! He made me feel very comfortable and so knowledgeable!!I completely trust him and his professional opinion!!

Submitted Sept. 17, 2010 | flag

Dr. Heaps is amazing! I had 12 fibroids, a cyst the size of a football, endometreosis...you name it I had it. I had a six hour hysterectomy, but woke up feeling like a new person. I healed so quickly. Dr. Heaps gave me my life back and I will be forever grateful to him.

Submitted July 11, 2010 | flag