Rate Dr. Alan H. Gorn

Dr. Alan H. Gorn's Ratings

In my 34 years I have never encountered such a thoughtful doctor who took such care to understand my case. I only wish there were more doctors like Dr. Alan Gorn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Dr. Gorn is a wonderful doctor- I have never had a doctor who was as kind, respectful, and caring as he is. He truly cares about his patients not just as numbers on a chart but as human beings. I was very sick when I started seeing him, and under his care I improved far far beyond the point that my previous rheumatologist thought was possible. Dr. Gorn was absolutely determined that I could get better and his positive attitude and pro-active treatment style made that happen. Because of that, his medical care changed my life- I don't even want to think about what shape I'd be in if I'd stuck with my first doctor. I can't recommend him highly enough, and I'm glad to see all of the other positive reviews here, because he's earned them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2012

Dr. Gorn has been incredible. He is the third Rheumatologist I have seen since I was first diagnosed 12 years ago. Ever since I started seeing Dr. Gorn, my quality of life has changed. As many of the others say, Dr. Gorn always listens to what you have to say, and is great about discussing options. He is also open to alternative treatments, when the patient suggestions. I've had a great experience with Dr. Gorn, and I look forward to my visits, even if I have to wait an hour until I see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

Dr. Gorn is WONDERFUL as a rheumatologist and as a person. He has been a lifeline, a support, and a resource for my well being. THE BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Gorn has the highest level of professionalism and caring medical approach that I have been able to find for the past four years. He is very proactive and willing to allow you to participate in your medical treatment decisions. Dr. Gorn provides you with the pros and cons of each type of treatment. Dr. Gorn is respectful and very concerned about the well being of his patients. The wait time can be extended at times; however, he never rushes your appointment. The staff is polite and willing to go the extra mile to help you with appointments and the scheduling of needed tests. I highly recommend Dr. Gorn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2010

Dr. Gorn took the time to fully review my medical history, and to answer all my questions. He was thorough, knowledgeable, and respectful throughout the process.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2010

Dr. Gorn has great bedside manner and uses very good judgment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Gorn is an amazing doctor. I have RA and an autoimmune neurological disease, and he has been willing to have numerous conversations with my neurologist to work out the best treatment regime. We have had to try a number of medications, but I am now in remission from both illnessed. He achieved in a year what other doctors had not been able to achieve in six. As far as raising his voice, he had been very firm on occasion -- impressing on me how important it is not to stop my medications -- but he also told me that he had a patient who had died after stopping his meds. One of the nurses told me he'd never forgotten it. He also was extremely engaged when I developed pneumonia, and that didn't even have anything to do with why I was seeing him. He is a marvelous doctor -- compassionate, interested, dedicated. He is often late, but this is because he actually spends time with each patient. But be prepared for possibly having to wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2009

Dr Gorn is fantastic. He diagnosed me with RA and I appreciate all that he is doing to control my pain and find a treatment plan that will work for me. RA is an aggressive disease and the damage is irreversible and must be taken seriously. I feel badly for the other reviewer who was misdiagnosed, but to clarify a few things bloodwork isn't solely used for diagnosis. My mom has had RA for years and her bloodwork hasn't always supported that diagnosis. Methotrexate is technically a chemotherapy drug, but the doses RA patients take are nowhere near what a cancer patient would take and Dr Gorn started me on a very low dose to make sure I'd tolerate it. I'm sure he'd take me off of it if my side effects were bad and even the worst side effects at RA doses are nowhere near what a cancer patient experiences. Last, I'm surprised that Dr Gorn would raise his voice. He's only ever been calm, polite and helpful with me. I feel lucky to have found such a wonderful doctor on my first try!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

I am a nurse who went to Dr. Gorn as he is the head of Rheumatology at UCLA. Intially, he was very professional and ordered the appropriate tests to screen for rheumatoid arthritis. When all the tests came back negative, his demeanor with me changed. He was unfriendly and adamant that I still had the disease and that I should take several medications including an oral chemotherapeutic drug. In the months that followed my condition worsened and Dr. Gorn refused to discuss any other possible causes for my symptoms. When I told him I wanted to stop the chemo he actually started to shout at me. He told me he had over 20 years of experience and who did I think I was to question him. I was stunned and began to cry.When I asked to switch to another rheumatologist at UCLA he "black listed" me. I was forced to go outside of UCLA and was diagnosed with a completely different disease. Dr. Gorn refused to admit he could have been wrong and compromised my care. Dr. Gorn is a disgrace to UCLA.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461345].votes_count ]]