Rate Dr. Lary Tan

Dr. Lary Tan's Ratings

Dr Tan saved my life! I was told by Cancer Care @ St Boniface Hospital that my cancer in my lung had become INOPERABLE with nothing more they could do but chemo to help extend my life. I've had surgery by Dr Tan in the past year so we made an appointment to see him of course with the help of Dr Hochman I was in Dr Tans office the following few days. Dr Tan had my ct scan on his desktop and told me he had viewed it for the past 20 and could not find the lymph nodes that was supposed to be killing me . I told him the Cancer Care Dr said it was inoperable he told me that never even crossed his mind...He booked me for surgery the following week . He successfully removed two wedges from my "inoperable" lung. He's a great Dr that has given me and my family hope. People say he has no bedside manner, I beg to differ. I think he is totally misunderstood, he has a very funny personality. Anyhow if you want things done right he's your Dr! Thank You Dr Tan for not giving up on me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

No bedside manner. Very rude. If he won't do anything for you, he could at least treat you with dignity and respect .Not a compassionate doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

The very, very best you are a lucky person if you referred to Dr. Tan

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

appointments are sometimes late, but that is due to the nature of his practice. He takes the time you need. He is very professional and is an excellent surgeon. His nurse practitioners are wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2011

I do not need to write too much, suffice to say. Dr Tan took over my case when others gave me up for dead...Matter of fact one Brandon 'Mashuguma' quack, gave me 10 minutes to three month maximum! After a very challenging surgical operation and some genuine TLC from him and his team I am declared Cancer Free! He is a great man and professional of the highest order.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2010

My husband passed away...but Dr. Tan was there all the way...teamed with Dr. Leylek...the two of them only had the family and patient's best interests at heart. Very timely in filling out forms...lol...something Dr.'s are not good about...and even in a social setting where he saw my son and I, he was genuinely concered for our well being. Fantastic thoracic surgeon...it was just too late my my partner. Thank you so much for the time, caring and your expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2010

My experince with Dr Tan has been terrific during an otherwise unpleasant procedure. He has a very helpful staff under him. My pre-surgery visit with Dr Tan left me feeling very condident that I was in good hands. After the initial shock of being told what was coming wore off, he even(very promptly)phoned me back after I'd left a message with his Receptionist that "I had a few more questions on what I should expect pre & post surgery" My Post surgery experince has been very positive. Dr Tan was the first face I saw as I opened my eyes in recovery, as he stood over me making sure I was "OK". Any Post surgery questions I've asked have been answered thorough, concise, and to the point. Even with his case load, he never made me feel "rushed". I was even able to get into see him the same day I called for an unscheduled visit. A very nice man & very competant Doctor. The Earth is a better planet with Dr Tan on it, thats for sure!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2010

Dr. Tan is an incredible surgeon and extremely knowledgable. Yes his bedside manner sucks, probably because he spent so much time studying instead of socializing in University. Bottom line, if you are looking for a friend, go talk to a councler, if you are looking for someone to save your life, go see Dr. Tan. Thanks Dr. Tan for finding the Cancer in my wife, you saved her life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2009

Dr. Tan had no time for my father and was about to send him home. When i pushed to find out that cancer was in lung and brain!!He was so rude i cant even explain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1461433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2008

Unsure of this doctor. My brother has cancer of the esphagus & Dr Tan said the tumour was too big & too difficult to remove. Dr Tan put a stint in to help with swallowing issues & I guess the tumour grew dispite rounds of Chemo. Then he was sent for radiation. What I don't understand is this. Yes my brother is terminal but DR Tan said post op that he needed to see my brother in 4 weeks or if any problems asap. He failed to tell us he was leaving for vacation. Also my brother has lost his voice, lost extrememe weight since stint put in, extremely weak, extremely uncomfortable etc etc & DR Tan & staff don't do anything. My question is this - so when a patient is dying you just write them off & don't provide any help? Shame on you Dr Tan

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1461432].votes_count ]]