Dr. David S. Shawa

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. David S. Shawa has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4881978

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.4  Respond
RID: 3599370
07/11/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Shawa in my husband's opinion "cured" me! I am extremely grateful I found him. After years of severe chronic pains, he was and is the only dr that actually listened and helped me. He gave me my life back!! I can now function with minimal pain medications and I feel better then I have in years. He advised me and educated me and helped me get 100% relief from my lumbar pains. I trust and will fiollow him wherever he goes. Highly recommend this dr to anyone in severe chronic pains.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David S."
RID: 2779732
20/08/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Shawa, in my opinion, knows his stuff. He really saved me a very serious problem by saying "I can't help you, you need a neuro surgeon" and I did.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2538455
22/01/13 5 4 5 5 Just make an appointment and I promise you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Dr. Shawa definitely gave me answers and solutions that relieved me of pain more on a permanent basis rather than just a band aid of drugs. He and his staff are polite and professional, an "A" rated medical staff that are worthy to be praised and recognized.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

29/04/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Anesthesiologist" to "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab"
RID: 1429750

01/05/11 1 1 1 1 I am a former patient of this physician. He made my dic protrusions and annular fissure worse. Right now, my complaint against him is with an expert from the CA State Medical Board. He is also being invetigated by several insurance companies for fraud (I turned him in.).
Paid (or co-pay): $120000
Respond

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1332259
10/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shawa is very knowledgeable and a expert at what he does.  Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

18/08/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1226285
10/08/10 5 5 5 5 he was very kind and knowledgeable about his field! I have great confidence in him!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user