Rate Dr. Brian W. Boate

Dr. Brian W. Boate's Ratings

I found him quick to prescribe/push medication/narcotics to manage problems as apposed to finding a proper diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

I initially found Dr. Boate to be somewhat cold and distant; it took a few visits for him to "warm up" and display his more compassionate side. Now after some approximately 10 years as his patient I can say that he is always punctual, always willing to answer questions, concerned and compassionate -- although his manner is not emotive. He listens and considers any comments I make and if I am not at first satisfied with a response, will expand or clarify without being defensive. In all, I have found him to be very competent and pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2013

Helped to get my condition under control. Much appreciated. Very knowledgeable and interested in my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2012

I solved my rheumatoid - fybromialgia problems by: 1 - going on a gluten free diet. 2 - increasing omega 3 fats VS eliminating omega 6 fats. When I neglect the above my pain returns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

Dr. Boate is a wonderful rheumatologist, very knowledgeable, kind and thorough. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

Dr. Boate was very professional, he listened to my concerns and we mutually developed an action plan on how to deal with my problems. I must say I have made great strides with my RA as well as with my general health thanks to Dr. Boate. Thanks for being there for me and helping me out - your knowledge was appreciated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2010

If you have an adverse medical reaction to something he prescribed, he will not assume that there is an underlying secondary condition that needs to be investigated. Rather, he will assume you are being a difficult patient. When challenged to find other options, he becomes a condescending. He appears to believe that if he treats you like a petulant child, you will not notice that he is out of his depth. This guy’s practice is not about making you well, it’s about making himself feel good, at your expense. RA is a serious disease. When things go wrong, you need a doctor that is smart enough to take a curve ball, and man enough to not reactively bolster his delusions of adequacy by attempting to blame you for what may well be the consequence of his limited ability. If you value your health, go to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2010

A great rheumatologist! You have to make a list of questions, as he is very quick & is heading for the door unless you catch him. Very thorough in his examinations each time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

I am a new patient of Dr Boate's and I have to say I like him. Sure he has been criticized for being to the point and a man of few words, but really, what do people expect? The man is busy, get in there, state your concerns and he will address them. This is my experience with him and he is knowledgeable, so I am happy with him. I think people expect health professionals to be their therapists and there just isn't enough time in the day to be listening to alot of blah blah blah.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462074].votes_count ]]