Rate Dr. Brian W. Boate

Dr. Brian W. Boate's Ratings

I initially found Dr. Boate to be somewhat cold and distant; it took a few visits for him to "warm up" and display his more compassionate side. Now after some approximately 10 years as his patient I can say that he is always punctual, always willing to answer questions, concerned and compassionate -- although his manner is not emotive. He listens and considers any comments I make and if I am not at first satisfied with a response, will expand or clarify without being defensive. In all, I have found him to be very competent and pleasant.

Submitted July 20, 2013 | flag

Submitted Jan. 29, 2013 | flag

Helped to get my condition under control. Much appreciated. Very knowledgeable and interested in my condition.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2012 | flag

I solved my rheumatoid - fybromialgia problems by: 1 - going on a gluten free diet. 2 - increasing omega 3 fats VS eliminating omega 6 fats. When I neglect the above my pain returns.

Submitted June 18, 2011 | flag

Dr. Boate is a wonderful rheumatologist, very knowledgeable, kind and thorough. Highly recommended.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Boate was very professional, he listened to my concerns and we mutually developed an action plan on how to deal with my problems. I must say I have made great strides with my RA as well as with my general health thanks to Dr. Boate. Thanks for being there for me and helping me out - your knowledge was appreciated.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2010 | flag

If you have an adverse medical reaction to something he prescribed, he will not assume that there is an underlying secondary condition that needs to be investigated. Rather, he will assume you are being a difficult patient. When challenged to find other options, he becomes a condescending. He appears to believe that if he treats you like a petulant child, you will not notice that he is out of his depth. This guy’s practice is not about making you well, it’s about making himself feel good, at your expense. RA is a serious disease. When things go wrong, you need a doctor that is smart enough to take a curve ball, and man enough to not reactively bolster his delusions of adequacy by attempting to blame you for what may well be the consequence of his limited ability. If you value your health, go to someone else.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag

A great rheumatologist! You have to make a list of questions, as he is very quick & is heading for the door unless you catch him. Very thorough in his examinations each time.

Submitted July 28, 2010 | flag

I am a new patient of Dr Boate's and I have to say I like him. Sure he has been criticized for being to the point and a man of few words, but really, what do people expect? The man is busy, get in there, state your concerns and he will address them. This is my experience with him and he is knowledgeable, so I am happy with him. I think people expect health professionals to be their therapists and there just isn't enough time in the day to be listening to alot of blah blah blah.

Submitted May 6, 2010 | flag

I am very happy with Dr. Boate. He provides the info I need as a patient to make decisions and answers my questions. He was the first Specialist to take the time to assess me and actually actively discuss my condition (instead of the usual shuffle in and out). He seems like a very nice guy to boot which helps. Between him and my family Dr. I feel very well cared for. This is from someone who doesn't look to visit the Dr. if it can be avoided. He has a good prescence and energy.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2009 | flag