Rate Dr. Catherine Zip

Dr. Catherine Zip's Ratings

Excellent service and very knowledgeable Doctor. Provided helpful advice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I don't get why people are always giving her such heck! I mean we are not perfect so give her a break, she was great with me. Simple, caring, patient I mean if you think she's rushed then well, maybe she has a family to go home too guys. She is a good doctor. Clear concept. Geez some people!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

i had a skin biopsy done by dr Zip. she did a good job but she did not put enough anesthesia in there so while she did stiches i felt it. but she was very nice and empathetic. the wait was a bit long but we got in the room but then i waited 20 mins in the room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I think this Doctor hates her job she didn't make eye contact, gave me 60 seconds to tell her about my skin issue and was half way out the door on to her next appointment when I was still discussing my skin problem. I asked her if she would hang on a momenta and that an appointment of total 2 minutes was not sufficient but she just stood at the door looking irritated after I had waited an hour for her. I thinks she books huge numbers of patients each day which she has no time for but wants the billing opportunity. She did not address my skin issue and was the Worst Dr. I have ever seen. AVOID at all Cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

I brought my mother in to see Dr. Zip, she has had psoriasis for 50 yrs.We booked some lamp treatments, and the receptionist there was HORRIBLE... My mom has arthritis and needs a walker badly, she can hardly walk. This woman made a comment, "well because you are so slow, I am going to have to book you in as 2 people", "we handle 100 people a day you know...My mom is 80 years old and just gave her a sweet smile, I could not believe this woman. Does quota trump compassion. Dr. Zip should be more aware of her staff. This woman should not be dealing with the public, elderly or not... or handicapped for sure. I am lodging a complaint with Dr. Zip as well. My mother had to cancel the appmt as she was unable to walk that day, she was verbally abused by said woman the next week... would does this kind of treatment end. How can she sleep at night??? We are all going to be that age, and maybe in that condition... I hope there is karma, for her sake.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

I find Dr. Zip to be a little cool, but do I care? Nope... What i really want is a doctor who can help me. And let me tell you, she has been amazing! I had an extremely persistent and resistant plantars wart. I'd been getting it frozen weekly for over a year, and then removed surgically by a different Dermatologist. It returned. Finally I was referred to Dr. Zip, and she killed that thing in just a few visits. When the same situation arose; different foot, i went right back to her, and ZIP. Gone in two visits. So I don't give a crap about her shyness, but I really appreciate her ability to sort things out. A hint about the scheduling... book early in the morning. earlier the better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

I have always found Dr Zip easy to get along with and kind, though I have experienced some, er, interesting results while under her care. I was on Accutane for severe cystic acne in my teens, and have severe scarring from the aforementioned ailment. I was referred to her by my old GP for the scarring and for my psoriasis. She tried to put me back on accutane at first, as I was in the midst of a break out. When I refused (as I am on a plethora of other medications) she prescribed me a topical steroid that caused me to break out worse than ever (it also burnt my skin). This is not her fault entirely, but I was extremely unimpressed. She also told me to go for Photo Therapy for my psoriasis (totally normal). It worked miracles, but the receptionist in the phototherapy lab is MISERABLE. She is absolutely, horrifyingly miserable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr Zip is living proof that you do NOT learn office management in med school. If you like long (hours) waits, answering machines, rude staff,and a Dr. who takes no acountability for it all,then this is the place for you. Moreover,I've asked her the same question about my skin 3 years in a roll, and have got 3 different answers.I can't make up my mind if she is simple or arrougant, either way it's not good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I was extremely disappointed. I waited 3 months for this appointment. She did not spent much time with me. I told her my bad experience with other dermatologists that they are only out their for selling products. She tried to prescribed me immediately to Accetane with no options for other treatments. It was just too impersonal and will try to find a dermatologist, who spends a bit more time with me as patient and figuring out how to fix my problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

I've seen Dr. Zip for mole checkups before, but this was my 1st visit with her in 6 years. My appointment was 8 months away, but that's Alberta for you. I'm leaving the country next month and notified the staff - they rescheduled me. Very helpful. I arrived on time and waited 35 min. Dr. Zip arrived and asked me questions about mole changes, family history, did a comfortable, thorough check. I would like to see this clinic upgrade to modern dermatoscopes for melanoma checks (used in most other countries), however Dr. Zip used a magnifying device and her expertise, so that was fine. She then asked me about other concerns and I mentioned a few. I was given a blood work form and she took my concerns seriously (more than I can say for other doctors). I felt listened to completely and not rushed. I like that Dr. Zip looks natural and not Botoxed beyond all recognition. I know this is trivial but it says a lot about a derm's priorities. Thanks for the great appointment Dr. Zip, as usual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462819].votes_count ]]