Rate Dr. Joel Oger

Dr. Joel Oger's Ratings

HURRY UP AND RETIRE ALREADY!! Very close-minded and condescending. At times outright insulting.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Oger is a leading expert in the rare disorder I was struggling with undiagnosed for 5 years. His lab confirmed the diagnosis. He has diligently tried all avenues of treatment, from surgery, MRI's and so many other procedures/tests. He has been trying new research protocols/medications that are proving successful in the USA. Over the past 2.5 years he has never given up and is more determined to assist me and the future patients of this difficult, & progressive disease. He has already made a significant improvement in my quality of life. With him in my corner, I have hope that my life can return someday to as normal as possible. He visits me in hospital, phones me when away from the office, at a conference, or on vacation should my medical condition change. He liaisons with my other specialists, family doctor and local ER physicians when I have been admitted for urgent care to ensure that they understand the unusual and special requirements for my care as I live elsewhere.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

I fOUND Dr Oger to be one of the kindest doctors I've met. I have been suffering for over 10 years and just his manerism put me at ease. And I don't even know if he can help yet.HUGE Thanks to Dr Oger and all the team at the MS clinic..

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Very very knowledgeable and confident doctor. He figured out my weird symptoms and has improved the quality of my life considerably. His team of residents are exceptional and would highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2012 | flag

Very Knowledgeable,made me feel very comfortable,and at ease. Over all experience was was very good

Submitted July 24, 2012 | flag

Dr Oger was very knowledgeable about my husband's rare encephalitis. He was more concerned and compassionate the the GP we'd dealt with for 15 years. He phoned to see how things were progressing and when we returned to the City for a followup he arranged treatment and gave exceptional care. I truly wish there were more doctors like him. Live long Dr Oger.

Submitted April 15, 2012 | flag

Friendly. However, he sometimes appears to think in a very linear way and can't accept unusual symptoms associated with the disease. Would say he's above average overall, though.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Oger came into the office to see me at an off-time on short notice. His willingness to accommodate, me combined with his charming personality, won me over. I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2011 | flag

Arrogent and rude. He does not listen to his patient and seems to think he is right above all others including other doctors, obvious test results and even the person who has ms. Very dissapointing behaviour from a Dr. in such an important position.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2011 | flag

Very kind and obviously very knowledgeable about my particular disease but the treatment option given was a surprise and has not gone down well with my other doctors. So while I was reassured on one hand on the other I am more confused than ever.

Submitted March 1, 2011 | flag