Rate Dr. Joel Oger

Dr. Joel Oger's Ratings

It's a shame there is no option to give ZERO stars! ALWAYS late, NEVER caring/compassionate. After 2 hours waiting for an appointment, I was spoken to in a hallway with zero concern for my health & well-being and was anxious just to get me as a statistic for his money making studies and the shuffle me out the door. It is such a relief that he is apparently now retired so that he can't negatively affect someone's life the way he has mine. I respect he is knowledgable in the field but he should never deal with patients as he is only out for himself and to push his agenda. Bottom line, he needs patients so he gets paid. Healthy patients will put him out of a job!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Dr. Oger believes that his ideas are the only ideas. He is very quick to dismiss symptoms that he does not think relevant and in doing so behaves in a very arrogant manner. He is very narrow minded and should have retired some time ago. I respect his years of contribution to his field of medicine but do not respect his behavior. Time to go.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2623158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

It was a nightmare. He is not respectfull, make you feel stupid, arrogant and made bad decision about my case. He used really bad words during my apointment. I was really nice and calm but it was difficult to hear all accusation and all insult from him. He told me that I had nothing and didn't help me at all. After I discover with an other specialist that I had An immune desease and that he was totally wrong... with a spinal tap test. I really recommend that you chose a better person to help you.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2613018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

HURRY UP AND RETIRE ALREADY!! Very close-minded and condescending. At times outright insulting.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1463054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Dr. Oger is a leading expert in the rare disorder I was struggling with undiagnosed for 5 years. His lab confirmed the diagnosis. He has diligently tried all avenues of treatment, from surgery, MRI's and so many other procedures/tests. He has been trying new research protocols/medications that are proving successful in the USA. Over the past 2.5 years he has never given up and is more determined to assist me and the future patients of this difficult, & progressive disease. He has already made a significant improvement in my quality of life. With him in my corner, I have hope that my life can return someday to as normal as possible. He visits me in hospital, phones me when away from the office, at a conference, or on vacation should my medical condition change. He liaisons with my other specialists, family doctor and local ER physicians when I have been admitted for urgent care to ensure that they understand the unusual and special requirements for my care as I live elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1463053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2013

I fOUND Dr Oger to be one of the kindest doctors I've met. I have been suffering for over 10 years and just his manerism put me at ease. And I don't even know if he can help yet.HUGE Thanks to Dr Oger and all the team at the MS clinic..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1463052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

Very very knowledgeable and confident doctor. He figured out my weird symptoms and has improved the quality of my life considerably. His team of residents are exceptional and would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1463051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2012

Very Knowledgeable,made me feel very comfortable,and at ease. Over all experience was was very good

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1463050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr Oger was very knowledgeable about my husband's rare encephalitis. He was more concerned and compassionate the the GP we'd dealt with for 15 years. He phoned to see how things were progressing and when we returned to the City for a followup he arranged treatment and gave exceptional care. I truly wish there were more doctors like him. Live long Dr Oger.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1463049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

Friendly. However, he sometimes appears to think in a very linear way and can't accept unusual symptoms associated with the disease. Would say he's above average overall, though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1463048].votes_count ]]