Rate Dr. Stephen Cheuk

Dr. Stephen Cheuk's Ratings

I find Dr. Cheuk to be a very doctor and a great communicator.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Dr. Cheuk is the first doctor in my 13 year-old son's life who has understood what is going on with his allergies. He explains things clearly, is punctual and friendly, and his staff are great. This is the best medical experience we have ever had. What a relief -- it was worth the wait to see him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

So thankful to have found Dr. Cheuk. He is our second allergist in Calgary. We feel we are in excellent hands. He follows my son carefully each year with skin tests and blood tests and, after blood tests showed change, did a challenge for tree nuts and found him not allergic. He is now following his other allergies. Dr. Cheuk seems very informed about latest research about allergies. Once again, we are so thankful to have found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

With our daughters anaphylactic allergies all her life, he was amazing to us and was always ready to help whenever things arose. His advice was also excellent. Then when we had our son, he tested him early to see how his allergies were and he had none!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

As a patient with mild atypical asthma, Dr. Lai was puzzled by my reactions to inhaled steroid therapy. He therefore referred me to a pulmonologist. I waited and waited and waited for the appointment and finally called the pulm's office to see when he was scheduling new appointments only to find out that he had never received my referral. I was furious because I lost a lot of time in the waiting queue because of the negligence of front desk personnel. When I finally got in to see the pulm, he wasn't able to advise me on a therapy because Dr. Lai's front desk staff neglected to send the original base line breathing tests that established how serious my breathing issues were before steroid therapy. Now I have to wait until Dec 16th to see the pulm AGAIN at which time I hope he has a complete set of breathing tests. My advice to patients: do not trust the front desk staff to get your referrals, etc., right. Someone there is sleeping at the wheel! Beware!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464085].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 11, 2011

Dr.Cheuk treated our 3 year old son for allergies. He was informative, thoughtful and clear. He took the time to explain our sons condition in a way that was clear and helpful. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2011

All staff at Dr. Cheuk's office are really good. Dr. Yew Hon Lai was really patience and provided us valuable information to improve our son's condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Dr. Cheuk is by far the most informative and helpful allergy specialist we've experienced. His knowledge of the subject surpasses that of all the others we've been to. He is clear and concise in his explanations and doesn't rush you out of his office. We feel very comfortable with him and his staff. We highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2011

Waited forever to get the original appointment for my 5 year old son. In the mean time, saw another specialist of the same nature who was entirely useless. We finally got our appointment. HE IS WORTH THE WAIT!! Helpful and informative is an understatement. He and his staff explained everything and it made perfect sense. A few months later, we had an asthma concern/need and phoned the office and booked a 'quick followup' appointment for 3 days following (which I thought was impressive being so quick). They called us back and Dr. Cheuk wanted us to come in that same day. He adjusted his perscription and now monitoring again. My son is doing much better. Would recomend him any day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2010

All I have for Dr. Cheuk and Dr. Lai is high praise! Thankfully we were referred to him because within three months he had our sons' breathing tests go from very low numbers to very high. Allergy season isn't as much of a problem for us anymore, due to the care of these two wonderful docs. And the funny thing is, my daughter and I took my son to see him, and just by looking at us in the exam room, he knew that we both also suffered from allergies, and now my daughter and I are happy patients of Dr. Cheuk's as well. Would highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1464077].votes_count ]]