Dr. Nicolus R. Birlew

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Nicolus R. Birlew has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

11/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.8

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nicolus" to "Nicolus R."
RID: 2310847

02/07/12 1 1 1 1 horrible horrible service. staff didnt know what they are doing. took forever to see you and the first time i went i spent 3 hours waiting and he told me to go home and come back the next day no service given i came the next day and he charged me again even though i went for the same reasons and per his instructions so i had to fight to get a refund for services he didnt provide then the medication he gave didnt work at all and wasnt covered by my insurance amd when we tried to contact him there was no reply from him or his staff. both he and his staff are incompitant abf provide horrid service
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1768112
20/03/12 3 1 3 4 I have gone to Dr. Birlew for years, even at his old office. The truth is, he works too many hours, and sees too many patients. He really is rushed to see you and is now even more rushed to get comments from your visit into his new digital log. He also prescribes too many drugs. If you know what is wrong, and you know what drug you want to treat it, and you don't like appointments, he is perfect. OH yes, he is very nice too. So, if you want a doctor who spends a while getting to know you, he is probably the wrong fit. By the way, his specialty is radiology, as he is a D.O., not an Md. So if you have skeletal issues, he is probably the best hmo (Hill Physicians) doctor out there. Hope this helps.
RID: 1339907
18/01/11 1 1 1 1 Horrible doctor, very cocky. Does not spend any time with patient and makes many mistakes. Staff is just as horrible and I think he has them put good reviews here so they still have a job.  Respond
RID: 928477

04/07/09 1 3 5 5 I have been a patient since 2002 until 2009. Dr. Birlews office staff has been very rude and inconsiderate to me. I like Dr. Birlew and how I have been treated by him. I have taken my family there as well. The office staff acts as if they own the practice themselves and the way I have now been treated by the staff/Billing dept. has not been sympothetic to my hardships that I have experienced due to my illnesses that I have incurred this last year. I have always paid cash for my office visits and have carried great medical insurance for myself and family. I have alway paid my co-payment to the office and any remaining balances that Ihave been asked top pay. I was shocked to find out that after all these years after seeing primay Dr. The night I took my son with a broken arm they had turned me into there collections agency over a $14.00 debt that was a co-payment despute and They refused to see my son. Now I know what a Dr. Patient relationship is worth after 8 loyal years!!!!!!!!!  Respond
RID: 908942
09/06/09 2 1 1 1 Dr Birlew is NOT a good doctor . He speeds through the patient without even really checking on them. I went in for what i thought was a UTI or kidney problem. He didn't even check me or anything and prescribed me antibiotics for 10 days. After the course of meds, i didn't feel any better and went to see a urologist. I got my urine test results from Dr. Birlew to show the urologist. Turns out, my test results were negative and I didn't have UTI!! I am upset that nobody from his office or him called me to tell me the diagnosis was wrong, or that i did not need to take the meds. (The meds had other side effects of tendon inflammation so i had to suffer for no reason!) Or that i should go for more checks to find the problem. What kind of doctor is this???? How can he prescribed meds to me without knowing my real cause???? Horrible! I would advise you not to go in, as he just is not good.  Respond
RID: 842140
25/03/09 5 5 5 5 He is great no Apointment and his office staff is great  Respond
RID: 754356
03/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Birlew has been my doctor for over 10 years and has given me excellent care. He diagnos the problem and send you to the appropriate specialists. He is a quality Doctor in my book
RID: 652547
31/07/08 5 5 5 5 Love going to Dr. Birlew's office. They are quick, knowledgable and understanding of your needs
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 648954
27/07/08 3 3 2 2 DR. Birlew seemed very rushed, and barely took any time to assess my child...this was the 3rd time, and we had the same experience. I wish he would slow down, and show concern. I am surprised for all of the good feedback he gets on these reviews. I am not a fan.
RID: 398633
06/09/07 4 5 5 5 This is the best and most helpfull doctoor I have ever been to. He takes the time to talk with each patient and if we needed a specielist, he recommended one right away and got us in! I have 4 children and have been to many Doctors in my Life. I recommend Dr Birlew if you want a Doctor who is Knowledgable and helpful.
RID: 72706
20/12/06 5 4 5 Dr. Birlew was so supportive of my chocie for WLS and helped in anyway he could. That was such a comfort since so many doctors frown on WLS.
RID: 24651
08/03/06 5 5 5 Dr. Birlew and Staff are outstanding professionals. Dr. Birlew has treated four generations of my family and I am proud to say that we all consider him to be an excellent doctor. His sense of humor takes some getting used to, but the rewards are a "stress free" office visit!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 11134
23/08/05 2 3 4 needs to spend more time with patients  Respond
RID: 6644

07/04/05 5 5 5 Dr. Birlew cares about his patients. He is up to date with modern technology. He listens to his patients. Dr. Nicolus Birlew is a high rated doctor.  Respond