Rate Dr. Roderick Bird

Dr. Roderick Bird's Ratings

We have had Dr Bird since the early and unexpected arrival of our first son. He has been AMAZING with my son since day 1 and as well with my husband, myself and our family. HE helped us when our then 6 month old son was coming off a feeding tube and made us feel as though we were the main concern for him. He also was right there when our second son was born. I can not say enough good things about Dr Bird, I ofter refer to him as the "God Doctor" Dr Budden is also amazing as well and we love seeing her too for check ups. The girls in the office, LOVE THEM, they are so friendly and inviting. If you are able to get Dr Bird... You are VERY LUCKY! He's smart, caring and although the child is the patient, he cares about the WHOLE family. He's THE BEST in our eyes! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

Dr Bird has been my daughters Dr since birth, she is now 17 and still with him. Dr bird has been the most caring, trust worthy Dr I have ever met anywhere including all Dr's from the IWK hospital in Halifax whom I have dealt with numerous times. If DR Bird is your childs Dr you have simply the best in my opinion....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

It isn't really Dr.Bird I am rating I am rating the office staff. My Daughter goes to Dr. Budden which is in with Dr. Bird's She is a good dr but the office staff is disorganized. And they throw there patients away. IF you miss an appointment, they make you go through the whole referral process again, which is wrong when you have a sick child. I think this is wrong, I had asked for a different number to put on my chart and it wasn't and I was put down by the staff. I think the office staff is very rude and disrespectful toward the parents of the patience. If i were the Doctors I would do a REHAUL and get new STAFF. This wasn't the first time I felt this way because I would just let it go but it's every time I think it's time to look for another doctor. I think you should feel important no like you can be discharged when your a patient. And that is how they make you feel. I would go as far as Halifax to get a new doctor for my child if meant having respect!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr.Bird was very good with my 9 year old daughter when she suffered with anxiety. We thank him for his ongoing care and concern.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2010

DR BIRD HAS NEEN MY DAUGHTER;S DOCTOR SINCE SHE ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR, HE IS A VERY CARING DOCTOR AND WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE HIM IN NOVA SCOTIA

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2009

He was very arrogant and rude to me. Made me feel stupid. HE may be a good doctor, but bedside manners are important as well, and this he lacks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2009

I saw this doctor the other day for my Dear Son. Nothing major, just some weight slippage between 11 months and now, but we wanted to be sure. HE WAS WONDERFUL!!! I could not beleive how helpful, thorough, kind, gentle and patient he was. I worry about everything(in fact I have an anxiety disorder) and he really took the time to quell my fears and explain everything. I put 4 for punctuality, as he was a bit late and got interrupted, but he explained he was having emergencies all day, and had to help a girl with SVT out in the ER and had done an emergency Cesarian that morning. Thats a pretty ok reason to be late with me! My son LOVED him. Got a great kick out of him. We will be going back in December and i cant wait, just because hes great lol. Highly highly reccomended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

AWESOME DR. ONE OF THE BEST THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN WITH CHILDREN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

This man is so sweet. He keeps exemplary notes; he concerns himself with the entire family; remembers everything; treats you so importantly! As if you were his only patient; he truly cares and is a gifted man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Dr. Bird was my daughter's pediatrician from 1999 to 2002. He was fantastic to us. He has a genuine concern for his patients. His receptionist at the time was wonderful as well, but I can't remember her name.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1465240].votes_count ]]