Dr. David G. Stewart

Website:
Practice: Desert View Family Medicine
Hospital:
Phone:480-324-0300
Med. School:Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. David G. Stewart has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

12/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 3645212
31/12/13 1 3 2 2 Mentioned I was having join pain and exzema type rash during my physical. Had blood work done. Mentioned it to the doctor again on my next visit - he sent me for blood work, but didn't want to give me anything to treat it until he had the blood work (I mentioned that I had already had blood work for my physical, but apparently my initial complaint on this issue was overlooked). Blood work came back negative. I called his office back after the message, asking for something to treat the exzema. They asked me to come in so he could see the rash (last visit had been 2 days before this call). I called back and said he had seen the rash 2 times now, the last time just being 2 days before. I asked them to again please call in something. I am still waiting to see if I am going to have to go back a 3rd time. I am considering changing doctors if this keeps up.
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David G."
RID: 1384787
11/03/11 4 5 5 5 Dr. Stewart took lots of time with me. He listened and genuinely seemed to care.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1267045
07/10/10 5 4 5 5 Good doctor with excellent supporting NP's. I've never had to wait more than a day to get in to see either him or one of his staff.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1247812
10/09/10 5 4 4 5 Dr. Stewart has always listened when I am discribing my ailments. He gives you his full attention and time. He has even called me personally at home to discuss followup questions, check my status or report test results. His staff, especially his nurse Becky, have always been courteous and prompt at returning callbacks. After being his patient for over 4 years, I would strongly recommend Dr. Stewart as your family doctor.
RID: 1200957
02/07/10 2 2 1 1   Respond
RID: 1114255
24/02/10 1 1 1 1 Had they checked my insurance ahead of time they would have informed me I didn't need a specialist referral and I wouldn't have wasted an appt. After that he says I came to him for back pain; I had come for a specialist referral, I'd been doing chiropractic and PT for over a year so why the HELL would I go to a family physician for back pain?! Are you kidding me?! His notes are more detailed than the actual visit itself and doesn't depict what actually was discussed. He's not very helpful, just in and out and likes to use his prescription pad and pen.
RID: 1112213
22/02/10 1 3 1 1 Often wrote prescriptions that were unusable (i.e. mg that didn't exist under that name). Staff was rude, and on more than one occasion could be overheard gossiping about patients. I had to cover my children's ears once! My insurance was never billed correctly once, and my first name and birthdate were entered wrong in the system. I was constantly calling to correct the typographical errors from his billing staff. The first few visits, he was nice enough, but the constant errors and atmosphere was too much. A doctor's office should be a place of discretion and education--this is not a physician you should consider for your family!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $45
RID: 928608
04/07/09 5 4 5 5 Both doctor and staff were accommodating and on time. Doctor Stewart explained everything he was doing and what he expected to happen. Feel very comfortable both with him personally and with his knowledge.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 925522
30/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stewart is a fantastic doctor. I was able to get him as a recommendation straight out of the Air Force. I was medically retired, and Dr. Stewart handled all my issues with the utmost professionalism and care. If you are looking for a doctor who knows medicine and is caring/thoughtful, look no further than this wonderful man!
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 814758
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stewart has been my doctor for a couple year now. I simply wouldn't go to anyone else! He knows me, listens to me, and remembers me! He never rushes through any issue I'm having. If you want personalized service with a caring and intelligent doctor then this is your doctor!
RID: 533362
08/03/08 5 5 5 5 very good doctor,he has been my doctor for five years  Respond
RID: 521448
22/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stewart is a most caring, understanding & knowledable physicians we have ever encountered.His staff as well as himself are very professional.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 372644
24/07/07 4 5 5 5 Dr. Stewart is very kind & gentle. He is concerned for his patient's well-being. He does not rush through your visits with him & listens to what you have to say.  Respond