Rate Dr. Dianne MacDonald

Dr. Dianne MacDonald's Ratings

I saw Dr. MacDonald for many years and had a chance to get to know her pretty well. She is, without question, the finest psychiatrist we have. Dr. MacDonald is intelligent, extremely knowledgeable about medications, kind, very funny and a joy to have as a doctor. She is the one of the reasons I am here after suffering postpartum depression. She is very honest, full of common sense and and so encouraging. When she recently retired from following patients on a regular basis, I was devastated. There just aren't any other doctors out there like her. But, rather than leaving me high and dry and without a psychiatrist to monitor my medications, she found a very good new psychiatrist for me. i am forever grateful to Dr. MacDonald and am a better person for knowing her. I wish her all the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

The most outstanding psychiatrist around. Incredibly knowledgeable about medications and full of common sense. She has been a huge support for me at times when there is no one else. I am very grateful to have her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Saw this psychiatrist as a second opinion for my insurance company. I felt that she was stiff and unapproachable, but I did only see her for 1 visit. I was able to read the report she sent to my insurance company, she made it sound like a I was a raging alcoholic and recommended in-patient treatment. Many people with my diagnosis struggle with addiction. She did agree with the diagnosis reached by my other psychiatrist, but that is the only positive thing that came from the visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

Dr. MacDonald is very thorough, competent, and compassionate. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been her patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Dr macDonald did an IME for me and I chatted with her for over 2 hours. she is the best pshychiatrist in HRM. she listens, she has a relaxing voice and understands the issues of her patient, too bad I cannot have her as my permanent doctor since my insurance company will not allow me to use her services because she did my IME (Independent Medical Examination) required by some insurance comapny.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I waited several months for Dr. MacDonald to assess me and several months for her to write her report and send it to the insurance company and my family doctor. What a waste of money and my time! I found this doctor to be very rude and lacked empathy! She wrote that I was overweight and made me sound like a serial killer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2012

I am not one who can trust people, but Dr. MacDonald has won over my trust, she really listen's to me, and really care's. She is like no other Psychiatrist that I have seen, I am so lucky that she took me on as a patient and after seeing me twice knew she was in for the long hall with me. She does not lie to you she will say it as it is, but not mean in anyway. She is actually funny from time to time. I don't know what I would do with out her.Like I said I am so LUCKY to have her as my psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2011

invaluable help and guidance, one of the best, always goes the extra mile, ever so professional

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2011

She saved my life. I cannot say enough about the care Dr. MacDonald offers. She is involved, goes beyond and above duty, and I couldn't recommend her enough. Thank you Dr. MacDonald.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468883].votes_count ]]