Rate Dr. Dianne MacDonald

Dr. Dianne MacDonald's Ratings

The most outstanding psychiatrist around. Incredibly knowledgeable about medications and full of common sense. She has been a huge support for me at times when there is no one else. I am very grateful to have her as my doctor.

Submitted April 25, 2013 | flag

Saw this psychiatrist as a second opinion for my insurance company. I felt that she was stiff and unapproachable, but I did only see her for 1 visit. I was able to read the report she sent to my insurance company, she made it sound like a I was a raging alcoholic and recommended in-patient treatment. Many people with my diagnosis struggle with addiction. She did agree with the diagnosis reached by my other psychiatrist, but that is the only positive thing that came from the visit.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. MacDonald is very thorough, competent, and compassionate. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been her patient.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2012 | flag

Submitted July 3, 2012 | flag

Dr macDonald did an IME for me and I chatted with her for over 2 hours. she is the best pshychiatrist in HRM. she listens, she has a relaxing voice and understands the issues of her patient, too bad I cannot have her as my permanent doctor since my insurance company will not allow me to use her services because she did my IME (Independent Medical Examination) required by some insurance comapny.

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

I waited several months for Dr. MacDonald to assess me and several months for her to write her report and send it to the insurance company and my family doctor. What a waste of money and my time! I found this doctor to be very rude and lacked empathy! She wrote that I was overweight and made me sound like a serial killer.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2012 | flag

I am not one who can trust people, but Dr. MacDonald has won over my trust, she really listen's to me, and really care's. She is like no other Psychiatrist that I have seen, I am so lucky that she took me on as a patient and after seeing me twice knew she was in for the long hall with me. She does not lie to you she will say it as it is, but not mean in anyway. She is actually funny from time to time. I don't know what I would do with out her.Like I said I am so LUCKY to have her as my psychiatrist.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

invaluable help and guidance, one of the best, always goes the extra mile, ever so professional

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

She saved my life. I cannot say enough about the care Dr. MacDonald offers. She is involved, goes beyond and above duty, and I couldn't recommend her enough. Thank you Dr. MacDonald.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2010 | flag

Outstanding, have been a patient on a long term basis and she has proven a valuable asset to my well being. Her knowledge and compassion is exemplary.

Submitted March 12, 2009 | flag