Dr. Carl Cummings

Rate Dr. Carl Cummings

Dr. Carl Cummings's Ratings

i can't for the life of me understand how anyone can have a single negative comment about this doctor or his staff. Dr Cummings and the team are amongst the most genuinely caring & trustworthy people that I have ever met. Dr Cummings has a very reassuring nature, and consistently takes the time necessary to fully address any cocnerns. Checkups are thorough and he makes quite the effort ensuring you are aware of upcoming milestones and expectations. In addition, and what I believe is a rare gem nowadays, Dr Cummings will take emergency phone calls daily from 7:30 to 8:15. In the event an emergency visit is needed, Dr Cummungs always leaves a few slots available during the day so that your child can be seen; thereby aleviating a huge stress when dealing with a sick child. I can't imagine how I would ever get by without this fantastic pediatrician overseeing my daughter's growing up stage. My only wish is that this doctor remains in practice until my daughter is offcially an adult

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Now that he has moved to the Decarie Square office things are much better. The staff is much better, more punctual, cleaner and larger waiting area, lots of available seating. Much easier to get through to office by phone - I used to spend a whole day calling at the old office (secretary had lots of personal calls). I love that he accepts early morning calls - can sometimes deal with situation without an appt. I also appreciate that he is part of the Block B Clinic at the JGH - anything to avoid emergency room visits. With 2 boys with ADHD we see him every 3-6 mos for monitoring. He always listens to my parental concerns - never dismissive. He has been my boys' pediatrician since birth. Most importantly, my children feel comfortable with him. As they approach their teens I'm confident that they will feel free to discuss increasingly personal issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I feel very comfortable asking the doctor anything. He is very kind with my child and I do not feel rushed. The support staff of his ...whew.. I wish they were a little more friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2010

I agree with others here that his wife is extremely rude and thinks she has all the answers. The nurse traumatized my child by jabbing the vaccination needle in so hard and suddenly that it left a huge bruise. After that, my child would cry hysterically when we went into doctors offices. The Dr. himself is fairly knowledgeable but isn't into developmental milestones and we've also noted that he doesn't seem to wash his hands between patients. We find that he sometimes minimizes parental concerns. But the morning calls have saved us many steps. There's always a tradeoff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

I find that dr cumming himself is a good doctor and he does give good advice,and take the time to listen and help out with parents questions the best way possible,,but as everyone said his wife and staff is very rude and dont know at all how to treat people with respect,I find that they should take a course how to be among people (humans) because I find that they act like animals towads humans,some animals have better people skills than they do..I think they sits there just waiting to attack you,especially if they're in a bad mood,god help you..I recommend Dr cumming anytime .just not his staff...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2009

this is the best dr. you could ever ask for. he takes the time to answer all your questions, never rushing you off. fantastic with kids! i don't know of any other dr. that takes calls at home. we love you dr.cummings. the staff on the other hand need to improve their people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2009

Dr. Cummings wife is absolutely rude and so is Maxine. What keeps me going there is how knowledgeable and helpful Dr. Cummings is. My big negative is that Dr. Cummings never washes his hands from patient to patient, the office itself is extremely filthy. This is a very serious concern to me and as knowledgeable as he is this situation is making me look elsewhere for another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2009

Dr. Cummings is a very nice and personable doctor. I have only seen him for routine check-ups and vaccines for my 2 children. Physical examinations are cursory, at best, and he does not do much of a developmental screening. He is good at addressing parental concerns but often talks a lot while actually conveying little useful information in the end. Measurements by the nurse are frequently inaccurate and the receptionist is very rude, as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2009

Dr Cummings is a wonderful Doctor. My four children were seen by him. He was always kind and attentive. His wife on the other hand is rude and thinks she has all the answers. She really has to work on her receptionist skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2009

he seems to care about the patients but he likes to think he knows more than he actually does. I used to be one of his patients. i started gaining weight when i was 10 years old he advised my mother not to put me on a diet he said that for every year afterward and my mother listened to him even though i kept gaining more and more weight. by the time i was able to take control of it i was addicted to junk food and 60 pounds over weight. when i was 16 i had lost 40 pounds & I got bad heat rashes and complained to him about it, instead of advising me to go to a dermo he told me to stay out of the sun i spent my entire summer sitting in my house eating and gained it all back. i gained weight because of him twice. he is now doing the same thing to my baby cousin at least now i can advise my aunt based on what i went through. i do not recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472766].votes_count ]]