Rate Dr. Steve Szarka

Dr. Steve Szarka's Ratings

The Dr is alright. It is hard to get to see him due to the high security he has at his front desk. Yes, you Marg. It is very inappropriate that you provide medical advice or deny individuals the opportunity to meet with the Dr. When people contact your office you are required to gather basic info on their medical concerns. At that point book an appt for them. You are not legally permitted to deny them an appt based on your medical opinion.... which I have concrete evidence that you have been doing this. You are not able to do this because you DO NOT HAVE a medical opinion. And when an elderly woman contacts your office to discuss concerns with her medication and you proceed to tell her that she does not need the prescribed medication is above your pay grade. That is medical negligence and u are putting yourself and the Dr in a very nasty prediction. I promise you that next time I hear even the slightest mistreatment of the patients that attend this office I will make sure I expose u.

Submitted June 16, 2014 | flag

I do not like the staff at the office , they are never on time and rude i am a young mother and they make the clear everytime i call for my son, they tell me im over reacting to problems or making them up. My son has been in the hospital for these so called made up illness. Just because im young ( in my 20's) doesnt mean i dont know what im talking avout or when something is wrong with my children. The actually doctor is a nice man but you have to get theough the stupid front desk staff then his wife before you can see him which is wrong! They even refused a follow up from the hospital after my 2 year old son had sezures. Ended up taking him back for his follow up at the hospital. I have since changed doctors and am now seeking medical advice from somwone who knows what they are doing. Worst doctors office ever with staff that is down right rude and disorganized!

Submitted June 26, 2013 | flag

Worst doctor in Hamilton by far. Our family is extremely dissapointed in the care that our mother gets there. The rest of the family has been able to find a new doctor but unfortunatley there is no room for her at this time. It is in constant pain from many injuries to her body and they just dont care, the secretary is awful, Marg is awful, its like they are treating animals there, they dont even let you speak. Worst service ever. dirty office, very unprofessional, and should be shut down.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2013 | flag

Submitted May 7, 2012 | flag

HORRIBLE!!!! He had been my doctor for nearly 15 years, so happy to have found a new one!!! Marg is the ABSOLUTE WORST receptionist/nurse/useless idiot ever. I am so beyond surprised that this terrible office is still open to the public. I finally have a decent MD whose staff is pleasant and gets S**t done! Good riddance.

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

After being a patient for over 20 yrs, we finally are leaving Dr. Szarka for all the reasons everyone else has stated. My adult children also want a new Dr. - one who cares about them and listens to their concerns.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2010 | flag

The staff at Dr.Szarka's is extremely courteous and kind. Everytime I call, I am greeted in a professional, yet friendly manner. They are always willing to listen to my concerns and suggest proper care and follow up. I always get an appointment if there is an emergency, and if the Dr, is unavailable someone from the call group is always available. There need to me more Doctors like Dr. Steve, with a team of excellent nurses and staff.I have never had a problem getting an appointment when it was NECESSARY. I have been in the waiting room when unruly patients have made a scene and Marg and Eileen handled the situation with much more patience than I could believe. For working in an industry that is there to SAVE MY LIFE they have quite the responsibility and everyone in the office is up to the task. I find it sad that so many people are wasting their time criticizing the very people that keep our children safe. Shame on you, it is the time for personal reflection and education.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2010 | flag

Dr Szarka is a good man. I have been seeing him for 20 years. My kids see him now. I totally agree with all the comments about Eileen. She has absolutely no bedside manner. She is totally condescending, rude and unprofessional. I don't find her to be very knowledgeable at all. Marg is fine and wonderful once you get to know her. I'm sure some people have complained to Dr Szarka about Eileen over the last couple of years. I have often thought about doing it myself. I agree that he doesn't do very much anymore in office - he tends to refer most things outside of the office. I also do not like their policy about not going to a walk-in clinic when he is not around. The system they have in place for seeing an on-call doctor is really inconvenient and a total pain. I really think that if he just got rid of Eileen, that things would be fine.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2009 | flag

I do not know if Dr. Szarka is a good doctor or not, because I did not have a chance to meet with him properly. The receptionist on the phone is rudest person I have ever dealt with especially in the health care system. She did not think I would need to see the doctor because my blood work was excellent. Yes, but I have an issue, and no matter how my blood work is, the issue is there and I need help. But I do not seem to get it. The staff is terrible! I do not know much about the doctor, I only hope that he knows how to do his job in case I really need to see with something more serious. Whenever I told others about my story with his office, everyone said that it was not normal that someone in the health care system would treat you like that. So Dr. Szarka if you want to keep your patients, please check on your staff and they way they treat your patients, those who call the office because they need help! They are not calling your office for fun.

Submitted March 27, 2009 | flag

I have several problems with staff, since I had my son. He was sick for four months before he was referred to a pediatirician. Although I was told several times that I need to go to an emergency room after hours, I refuse to do so with a small child. I go to a walk-in clinic and this way he gets charged for not being available for service.

Submitted June 5, 2008 | flag