Rate Dr. Steve Szarka

Dr. Steve Szarka's Ratings

A physical for a 20 year old consisted of taking my blood pressure and pulse... Then the pap which was a separate "appointment" (at the same day of the physical i had to wait over a month and a half to have) They didn't weigh me or take my height or even touch a stethoscope, even though my BP and pulse was high. The lady doctor I had was very nice, but I was thrown aback that that was all there was to my physical. When I asked if there was a mis-understanding with my appt, the receptionist (Not sure who it was) started talking down to me and made me feel like an idiot for questioning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2750219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

WORST DOCTOR IN HAMILTON !!! Very rude and he cares more about his bank account than your health problems. Denise at the front desk also very rude and unprofessional. If you have an appointment you have to wait sometimes more than an hour.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I have been with them since I was a baby all you are saying is untrue stop insulting Steve and marg they are amazing people who have always been very very kind to me ad they both always ask me how school is and how I have been so if you don't like them sucks to be you don't just sit and complain

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

The Dr is alright. It is hard to get to see him due to the high security he has at his front desk. Yes, you Marg. It is very inappropriate that you provide medical advice or deny individuals the opportunity to meet with the Dr. When people contact your office you are required to gather basic info on their medical concerns. At that point book an appt for them. You are not legally permitted to deny them an appt based on your medical opinion.... which I have concrete evidence that you have been doing this. You are not able to do this because you DO NOT HAVE a medical opinion. And when an elderly woman contacts your office to discuss concerns with her medication and you proceed to tell her that she does not need the prescribed medication is above your pay grade. That is medical negligence and u are putting yourself and the Dr in a very nasty prediction. I promise you that next time I hear even the slightest mistreatment of the patients that attend this office I will make sure I expose u.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2450468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I do not like the staff at the office , they are never on time and rude i am a young mother and they make the clear everytime i call for my son, they tell me im over reacting to problems or making them up. My son has been in the hospital for these so called made up illness. Just because im young ( in my 20's) doesnt mean i dont know what im talking avout or when something is wrong with my children. The actually doctor is a nice man but you have to get theough the stupid front desk staff then his wife before you can see him which is wrong! They even refused a follow up from the hospital after my 2 year old son had sezures. Ended up taking him back for his follow up at the hospital. I have since changed doctors and am now seeking medical advice from somwone who knows what they are doing. Worst doctors office ever with staff that is down right rude and disorganized!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1473630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Worst doctor in Hamilton by far. Our family is extremely dissapointed in the care that our mother gets there. The rest of the family has been able to find a new doctor but unfortunatley there is no room for her at this time. It is in constant pain from many injuries to her body and they just dont care, the secretary is awful, Marg is awful, its like they are treating animals there, they dont even let you speak. Worst service ever. dirty office, very unprofessional, and should be shut down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1473629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1473628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

HORRIBLE!!!! He had been my doctor for nearly 15 years, so happy to have found a new one!!! Marg is the ABSOLUTE WORST receptionist/nurse/useless idiot ever. I am so beyond surprised that this terrible office is still open to the public. I finally have a decent MD whose staff is pleasant and gets S**t done! Good riddance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1473627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

After being a patient for over 20 yrs, we finally are leaving Dr. Szarka for all the reasons everyone else has stated. My adult children also want a new Dr. - one who cares about them and listens to their concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1473621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2010

The staff at Dr.Szarka's is extremely courteous and kind. Everytime I call, I am greeted in a professional, yet friendly manner. They are always willing to listen to my concerns and suggest proper care and follow up. I always get an appointment if there is an emergency, and if the Dr, is unavailable someone from the call group is always available. There need to me more Doctors like Dr. Steve, with a team of excellent nurses and staff.I have never had a problem getting an appointment when it was NECESSARY. I have been in the waiting room when unruly patients have made a scene and Marg and Eileen handled the situation with much more patience than I could believe. For working in an industry that is there to SAVE MY LIFE they have quite the responsibility and everyone in the office is up to the task. I find it sad that so many people are wasting their time criticizing the very people that keep our children safe. Shame on you, it is the time for personal reflection and education.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1473620].votes_count ]]