Rate Dr. Joseph H. Brewer

Dr. Joseph H. Brewer's Ratings

Called awhile back and was summarily told by staff member that they do no accept new patients. Period. None accepted for over 3 years, she said. I knew from what I had read about this doctor that some people had waited a long time to see him. Since I was given no option even to be on a waiting list, I asked the staff member what I could do. She said I should speak with my primary doctor. What a joke! My primary doctor and most other MDs in this area don't even believe that some of the diseases that Dr Brewer treats exist around here (e.g. Lyme and others). Poor experience here. Thanks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr Brewer is amazing. He found what the other drs missed... I was being treated for "Chronic Lyme Disease" by a different Dr... He did some testing and found that my symptoms were form toxic mold poisoning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2013

Dr. Brewer treats my Chronic Lyme Disease. Been doing very well under his care. Stays very current on latest work in area of infectious diseases. I waited 2 years to get an appointment and have been his patient since 2008. Always on time. I see him twice a year and have blood work twice a year. Very kind, understanding, shares the latest information with you on research that he receives from attending conferences. Excellent Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr Brewer and the entire group DO NOT accept NEW patients with Lyme Disease. Nor are they willing to give referrals to another Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

I have been a long term patient of Dr. Brewer's (20 years). He is by far the most open minded, compassionate and knowledgeable Doctor I've ever had. He stays well ahead of the most current medical research and is willing to try anything if he thinks it may help the patient. Dr. Brewer is a good and kind man who knows his field inside out. What more can anyone ask for?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Listens, researches, patient, extemely smart, finds the missing link several other doctors could not find in the same field. Worth the wait. We had to cancel three times (should have drug ourselves to Missouri). Office responds appropriately. I cannot believe that this doctor takes Medicare, may he be blessed!!! Truly a physician created by the GREAT PHYSICIAN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Takes a while to get an appointment, but it is worth it. Don't understand some ratings. He is well known as a very knowledgeable doctor with a great reputation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2009

After feeling like I have been through a meat grinder for 5 years, I found hope! Dr. Brewer was very caring, listened, and was very informative. With testing, in less than a month I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and a co-infection! I had suggested this to other DR's over the past few years, and was just ignored. I am now on treatment, and hopefully, onto a better life! Dr. Brewer is a true life saver! The wait to get in was well over a year, but oh, so worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

I've seen this doc once and he was very thorough. He wrote down every single symptom I had. He tested me for Lyme Disease and low and behold I had it. I'm not the outdoorsy type so I thought it was a waste of time. The only complaint I have is that took over a year to get into see him. This just shows that he knows his stuff. Very satisfied with this doctor. I'm glad I made the change.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2008

This doc is great in the world of HIV(I don't have) and Chronic Illnesses related to infections(I have). He is pretty nice and smart to boot. He is way too over loaded with people wanting to see him that it does get in the way. He deserves a good rating as far as I can tell and I am very picky as the doctors in kc are mostly horrible when it comes to outpatient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1474924].votes_count ]]