Rate Dr. Peter Willemse

Dr. Peter Willemse's Ratings

My husband and I have had many appointments with him over the last 15 years. In all cases we found him to be attentive, caring, diplomatic, and thorough. He takes the time to explain what is wrong, what the options are, and gives you a recommendation of what he believes is the best course of action. He ensured all was well before he would discharge me even though it was longer than anticipated. Also in another instance, my first contact with him, he saw my immediately when informed of my sudden bleeding. He operates only when necessary as evidenced in my husband's case- telling him surgery was not necessary and might never be needed or things could change and it might be required further down the line and that in the meantime he would just watch and see. He listens well and asks questions for further information and / or clarity. We have always found him to be caring and compassionate as well as knowledgable and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2013

I have seen Dr. Willemse on more than one occasion starting with my gallbladder and having to have a couple of colonoscopies due to issue with bleeding and sister with a precancerous polyp that is heriditary so have had to have my colon checked more then once. Also when I had a bowel blockage Dr Willemse helped it get cleared with out surgery. I like him for a small town surgeon he seems to know his stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

When I asked Dr. Willemse about other potential options for my diagnoses he took it personally & refused to answer questions that I had. I have since gone to the Pan-Am Clinic & received the appropriate treatment & had my questions answered. Dr. Willemse has a poor bedside manner & was unable to answer my questions. He really doesn't have any competition to make him more accountable. It's unfortunate for the City of Dauphin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

has always been very cheerful, courteous and professional.When I left amessage for him he calledme back although he had not seen me in some time.Did 4 sugeries done by him and always with excellent results.He is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2010

The good doctor worked on my mom on 2 occasions. In both cases, we were very happy with his skill level and bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2009

He diagnosed a family member with cancer and told us she would only have weeks to live...he was wrong. Yes she did have cancer, that he knew before the surgery, but who does he think he is to pretend he is a specialist? We were lucky enough to have her with us another year but not without the heartache of his initial words. He is not a cancer care doctor, he is a surgeon. Not a good one at that either as another family member had surgery there and woke up in the middle of it!!! ouch! Anyway, he is not a good doctor and I would never go to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2009

2 months after my daughter was born I was having severe gallbladder attacks. My family doctor said he'd refer me to Dr. Willemse but to expect 2-3 weeks for a phone consult, and 6 months for gallbladder surgery. Although that may be typical, after my second severe attack in 2 days, Dr. Willemse agreed to see me the following day, and at the appointment he moved heaven and earth to get me into surgery right away, saying to his intern "When a new mother tells you her pain is worse than childbirth, you help her." And, he did. Despite an already overbooked surgery, I had my gallbladder out 45 minutes later. He said he would have come in after hours if that's what it took. He also took time to explain the procedure, what to expect for recovery, and followed up 2 weeks later. I haven't had a problem since and am so glad I don't ever have to go through another gallbladder attack.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2008

My daughter has seen Dr. Willemse for one surgery, one hospital procedure, a hospital stay and a consult. Each time he was very approachable, helpful and caring. Very happy with this surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2008

Dr Willemse is a good doctor. He is very kind and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2007

Though a bit abrupt, I think he is a good surgeon and any patients of his I have had the opportunity to speak to has had good comments about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1476594].votes_count ]]