Rate Dr. Ira D. Papel

Dr. Ira D. Papel's Ratings

I had a Rhinoplasty in November 2012 and started having MAJOR complications after a month for two years. After visiting about 3-4 top surgeons in MD/VA I was referred to Dr. Papel. OMG!!!! Dr. papel is an AMAZING doctor.
I went to see Dr. Papel and all I can say is he was AMAZING AND SOOOOOOO CARING when I was explaining my situation to him. He listened very well to what I had to say and literally spent one hour with me explaining and drawing things and actually discovered some stuff that none of the other surgeons noticed. After I left his office I was completely aware and understood the problems and what needed to be done to make me feel better :). I decided to move forward with Dr. Papel because he was so knowledgeable compare to all the other surgeons that I have visited. He was also the ONLY doctor who actually cared about fixing the problems I was having for the past 2 years and making me happy.
I had my surgery (Revised rhinoplasty, Nasal Valve Reconstruction, septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction, Auricular Cartilage Graft) November of this year, 2014. OMG let’s not forget about the staff!!!! Kristi was sooooooo helpful and was such a sweetheart and made herself available to me anytime I had questions /concerns.
I highly recommend Dr. Papel to anyone who needs a rhinoplasty/revision rhinoplasty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

First I want to say DO your research and do not place location as a limitation on cosmetic surgery. I am a man in my forties and this is a surgery I considered for over
20 years. Also, get several consultations and don't base your decision strictly on cost either. This was going to be a permanent change so I did my research and found Dr. Papel who was located two hours from my home. Dr. Papel performed Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, Turbinate reduction and Nasal Valve repair on me. I had the surgery performed for both breathing purposes and cosmetic purposes. As far as the rhinoplasty, he removed the hump and straightened my nose. Due to a childhood injury, I had a nostril that was almost completely closed which made the nose extremely asymmetric. It has only been 5 weeks since my surgery and I am very pleased with the results. I had an open procedure and the scar has almost completely faded. Keep in mind, l results for the surgery will not be final for at least a year. I am now able to breath out of both nostrils. As far as visually, the improvement is amazing. Dr. Papel is very nice, knowledgable and very accessible. During my consultation,
he uses diagrams and clearly details everything that needs corrected or improved. I met with him several times before I decided to get the surgery. He even met with me the day before my surgery to help put me at ease. Also, the office and medical staff were very nice and accommodating. The day of surgery , Dr. Papel met with me before the surgery which helped calm the nerves. Also, the medical staff was amazing. Very calming and very supportive. I really liked that he has onsite surgery facilities at his office. I would highly recommend Dr. Papel and would have no problem sharing my personal experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

Dr. Ira Papel is an Outstanding Physician/Surgeon! Let me say, with no reservations, Dr. Papel is a compassionate surgeon with a great bedside manner. I had a lot of questions. He was very down to earth, respected what I had to say, and really listened; never made me feel rushed. He uses the newest techniques and products. Dr. Papel has his own operating and recovery rooms. All the staff are very professional and efficient. The operating room nurses are fantastic and all made sure to see to my comfort. Follow-up was coordinated with a medical aesthetician. Now 3 months post-surgery, my more youthful look matches my attitude and I frequently receive the RIGHT kind of compliments, i.e., "Did you just come back from a vacation? You look so rested." Dr. Papel’s vast knowledge and experience will give you amazing results. He is a very gifted surgeon who does exceptional work. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Dr. Papel. Go for a consult; you'll be convinced. It was a rewarding experience!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr Papel did a fantastic job on my rhinoplasty. I told him exactly what I wanted and he delivered just that. His staff was kind, accommodating, and extremely professional. The whole process was seamless, including the post-op check-ups that I continue to have. I have never waited to be seen- sometimes Dr Papel even saw me earlier than my scheduled appointment if I arrived to the office early. I could not be happier to have used Dr Papel for this surgery and highly recommend him to anyone looking to be under the care of such a great surgeon and staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

My experience was wonderful! Dr. Papel and his staff were great and made me feel very comfortable about my whole procedure. They did before photos and after photos to show me what my nose would look like after the surgery. I was so pleased to see that it turned out exactly how I wanted it! They were very professional and I was very impressed with the whole process I went through. My recovery has been great and I couldn't have asked it to go better! They gave me a nose that is natural with my face and makes me feel confident. Not only that but Dr. Papel fixed my deviated septum and helped with other breathing problems caused by my nose. I am so happy with it and recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2013

He is very professional and skilled but has a good bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2013

Was excited to correct a fairly severe deviated septum (looked twisted from below)and have the tip only refined. My nose was okay with a nice narrow natural top. Dr. Papel asked repeatedly to take the top down a little and I said no it was not needed. I went into surgery expecting he would just straighten the bottom and slightly tweak the tip. But that day, it came out very differently and my nose is bumpy and crooked from the front from corrections I did not ask for or need. Afterwards, he said he would correct it (only cost for anesthesia I recall) but our definition of "correct" was incompatible. It has been 6 years since and My nose got hit by someone's head at a festival last week. Now the "extra" cadaver grafts shifted and the dents in my nose (not there before surgery) are extreme after swelling is down. It bleeds daily and I am looking for a doctor now. Important that going in to any surgery one asks beforehand if your doctor has invited "students" to "attend" your surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

Dr. Papel truly transformed my nose. I had a very severe case; the septum was C shaped as you an see from the pictures; my nose is now straight; I can breathe; he also improved my side profile dramatically :) Not only is he a skilled surgion but he knows what to do; he knows how to do it fast and he has a great "bed-side" manner. My sister is an ENT doctor and she wouldn't touch my nose given how complicated the case was. First, I went to another doctor that was closer to where I live. He told me it would take 6 hours for surgery; his pre-surgery sets of instructions contradicted each other; he was going to use packing which hasn't been done by experienced ENT doctors for more than 20 years and it would have taken 2 weeks to recovery with no exercise. A week before surgery, the first surgeon I was going to go to backed out and I went to Papel given my sister's suggestion. The surgery was 1 week; the recovery was 1 week; he didn't pack my nose; and the results are truly amazing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Papel's for about twenty years. I would not consider seeing another plastic surgeon. Over the years I have had my eyes done, the wobble under my chin removed and my own fat injected in my lips and in the lines around my mouth. He truly takes the time to listen to your concerns and advises the most natural looking way to achieve your goal. I have referred about 1/2 dozen people to Dr. Papel for various cosmetic procedures. All have been very happy and now continue to see him as well. I like best that I look like myself but younger and refreshed. I also get injections a few times a year. He is an artist with Botox and Restylane. When I returned to work a co-worker kept asking what was different about me and that I look really great and well rested.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Fabulous staff,great results,top notch surgery center. Dr. Papel is extremely talented and kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477558].votes_count ]]