Rate Dr. Martin Withers

Dr. Martin Withers's Ratings

It is unfortnate in business when strict policies take away the ability for staff to use their own judgement and help the customer at hand. It is also unfortunate in business when the day comes staff does not know their customers. After driving 30 minutes to my doctors appointment, and arriving 10 minutes late because I drove to the wrong office. I learned the doctor had cancelled my appointment as a no show. After spending time looking for my appointment, taking my OHIP card info and then realizing it had been just cancelled the staff person said, "sorry he has cancelled your appt as a no show", right there when I'm standing there in flesh and blood. When I expressed that I had just driven 30 minutes to the appointment, she said sorry he's really strict about that, he cancels appointments if 10 minutes late. He won't see you. I even expressed this was a 6wk follow up appointment, that was already 10-12 weeks and how difficult it is for the doctor and I to connect - he doctor knows that we've been doctor/patient for 20+ years. Staff said sorry it is now 15 minutes late and he won't see you. So i know I was in the door at most 10 minutes late. Honestly, I am so disappointed. When did we lose doctor / patient goodwill and relationships; when doctors who have known us for 20+ years won't even see us in any circumstance because staff won't speak to him because they don't know you and don't care. "Policy overrules". I'm so disappointed. What ever happened to the customer being right? or treating the customer like you'd like to be treated? His doctoring may be okay, but his business policies and practises with new Rapids Clinic are very diappointing. May be time for a change.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2014 | flag

since joining rapids health team he has changed. Seems flip and uncaring. difficult getting in to see him.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Withers has been my doctor since he started practicing. I am pretty well a low maintenance patient as I see him once a year and rarel in between. I have always had trust that he knew what he was well versed in his field and if he did not know the answer would find it out or refer. Since he has moved to Rapids Parkway I have noticed and decline in his care and him to be uninterested and very lax in his attention to detail. His staff are not very competent but are pleasant enough. In my particular case Dr. Withers made an error and the staff in their effort to cover it up made many more making me feel very ill at ease with the care they give to patients. It is frightening to know that in lui of admitting and correcting a mistake they would cover it up. I also got the feeling that perhaps the staff was afraid of their boss and he may not be the easiest guy to work for.

Submitted June 18, 2013 | flag

I do like that he is willing to go over your test results with you IF you ask. Is also very quick to refer you if he feels you need it. Can be a bit rude at times if you disagree with him.

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

We are extremely satisfied with the Medical care we get from Dr. Withers. We never have to wait at the office and if we need to get in to see him our requests are quickly accomodated. He takes time and listens and is quite personable and knowledgeable. If a referral is needed there is never a problem.

Submitted July 12, 2010 | flag

very conscientious and thorough. Always see his patients on time and is pleasant at all times

Submitted June 1, 2010 | flag

We feel privileged to have had Dr. Withers as our family physician since he began to practice in Sarnia. He is kind and caring, very knowledgeable and always punctual. His staff is very efficient. We cannot think of one thing we could complain about.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2008 | flag

very closed with patients - will not allow family members attend visits with elderly parents

Submitted Oct. 26, 2008 | flag

It is so difficult to get anyone to answer the phone. When someone DOES answer the phone, appointments are 4-12 weeks away. I found this man to be judgemental, and very rude. I went to him for over 10 years. I will not be going back. I would rather have no doctor at all than go to a doctors office that makes me feel like an inconvenience.

Submitted May 28, 2008 | flag

I have been a client since Dr Wither's opened his practice. He is human and willing to admit to his limitations but will listen carefully to concerns and refer when needed. he is good at following up on test results of concern or issues related to other caregivers. I highly reccomend him and his staff.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2008 | flag