You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert Tang-Wai

Dr. Robert Tang-Wai's Ratings

I have gone to Dr. Tang Wai twice now. His wife was very nice and helpful as was he. He is a very smart man and never once came off as rude to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2845292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dealt with Tang-wai,
Didn't have too hard of a time understanding him, and he took the time to answer all our questions. bedside manner could stand an improvement, but the guy has been working many many years. The condition of the office it awful. The stench is overpowering, and the clutter is overwhelming! I don't understand how this office is so dirty??? Isn't there a standard they have to adhere too? The condition of the office is enough to turn me off. Our standards for health care should be reflected here, and it isn't.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I went to dr tang wai today and just want to say that reading these reviews was the worst idea! I went in scared because of what I read but ended being very happy! He's a very nice man and his wife is very kind as well.. I could understand him fine also!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2699735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I went to Dr. Tang-Wai 30 years ago, because there were noother options for me. I was a pre-teen, and he horrified my mother and terrified me. My main memories are of a rude, mean man who I couldn't understand. What I do know for sure is that I spent ten years diagnosed as idiopathic epilepsy and therefore was never under control. As soon as I got a new neurologist in another city, I was diagnosed correctly, my meds were changed, and I was finally under control. I was not impressed, but moved on. This week I learned my niece has to see a neurologist. I was horrified that she might have to go to him as well, but thankfully she's driving past Brandon straight to a specialist in Winnipeg. Dr Tang-Wai not only has well documented bad manners, he's a poor diagnostician in my experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Doctor Tang-Wai was very professional. I had a little trouble at times understanding him but if I did, he repeated the question and I would understand the second time. When I first entered his office he asked me to remove my hat and shoes which was not a problem for me. He did his testing including the shocking and poking which did not hurt at all. The poking did not break skin or draw blood and I have a massage shocker and the shocking was no worse than that. We even had a bit of a visit afterwards. I have gone to far worse specialists than Dr. Tang-Wai. I have nothing bad to say about this man. Thankyou

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2644999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

My appointment with him was THE WORST doctor's apt I've ever had and I have never met a more rude individual. Office is cluttered and dirty. He was extremely condescending while I was trying to explain to him my symptoms. He took every chance he had to cut me off or make me feel stupid. I am a tough person and I was choking back tears my whole visit. I d on't care who you are or how good of Doctor you are you have to make your patients feel at ease and comfortable. Horrific. The only thing that made me feel okay is realizing be treats his wife the exact same way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

This Dr. is the most rude and disrespectful human being(let alone doctor) I have ever met. I was called a liar to my face on numerous occasions(until hospital records were checked, proving him wrong) and once he found out the actual story he refused to even apologize. Let's just say his bed side manner is lacking(or non existing). If I had any advice for this man, it would be to find a job in the medical field where patient interaction is not required.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Tang Wai for almost a year. I was diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder. After reading the reivews on here I was terrified to see Dr. Tang Wai, I was 21 and thought he was going to make me cry. However, after seeing him for the first time I my attitude changed. Since, than I see Dr. Tang Wai every 6 weeks to 2 months and have been extremely impressed with him. He remembers who i am and we end up having a chat after my appointment. He has met my mom and sister and was extremely nice. I do not have a bad a thing to say about this man. He is wonderful and I owe my good health to him. Because of him I did not have to get surgery!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1480296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

He said he was going to poke me with a pin. That he grabbed from an open container on his desk. I asked if it was clean and he got upset. Then poked me without sterilizing the needle. Even tattoo artists are cleaner than that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I have never before, met a doctor, let alone another human being, who constantly tells you to "Shut Up". His instruction to you is "I ask question, you answer 'yes' or 'no'. How on earth can he make an informed decision when he does not have the proper information. He also stated that he "no need MRI- I tell you what problem be!" I phoned the College of Physicians/Surgeons to see how one "reports" a Doctor. I was told,"You have to put it in writing", which I did. That was Nov'11. As of today , we are still "dancing" back and forth. The last(3rd) letter I rec'd from them had a copy of Dr. Tang Wai's response (6 pages of his "defense"). Apparently I was the one who kept telling him to "Shut Up",wouldn't let him talk,etc.etc. I live on a cattle farm and have never seen a pile of "bull" this high!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480294].votes_count ]]