Rate Dr. Robert Tang-Wai

Dr. Robert Tang-Wai's Ratings

This Dr. is the most rude and disrespectful human being(let alone doctor) I have ever met. I was called a liar to my face on numerous occasions(until hospital records were checked, proving him wrong) and once he found out the actual story he refused to even apologize. Let's just say his bed side manner is lacking(or non existing). If I had any advice for this man, it would be to find a job in the medical field where patient interaction is not required.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Tang Wai for almost a year. I was diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder. After reading the reivews on here I was terrified to see Dr. Tang Wai, I was 21 and thought he was going to make me cry. However, after seeing him for the first time I my attitude changed. Since, than I see Dr. Tang Wai every 6 weeks to 2 months and have been extremely impressed with him. He remembers who i am and we end up having a chat after my appointment. He has met my mom and sister and was extremely nice. I do not have a bad a thing to say about this man. He is wonderful and I owe my good health to him. Because of him I did not have to get surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

He said he was going to poke me with a pin. That he grabbed from an open container on his desk. I asked if it was clean and he got upset. Then poked me without sterilizing the needle. Even tattoo artists are cleaner than that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I have never before, met a doctor, let alone another human being, who constantly tells you to "Shut Up". His instruction to you is "I ask question, you answer 'yes' or 'no'. How on earth can he make an informed decision when he does not have the proper information. He also stated that he "no need MRI- I tell you what problem be!" I phoned the College of Physicians/Surgeons to see how one "reports" a Doctor. I was told,"You have to put it in writing", which I did. That was Nov'11. As of today , we are still "dancing" back and forth. The last(3rd) letter I rec'd from them had a copy of Dr. Tang Wai's response (6 pages of his "defense"). Apparently I was the one who kept telling him to "Shut Up",wouldn't let him talk,etc.etc. I live on a cattle farm and have never seen a pile of "bull" this high!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2012

My apt with this so called doctor was the worse experience in my life. Never have I left a doctors apt in tears until meeting this quack. We were suprised when we pulled up t his "clinic" as it was a very old run down shack in the middle of no where. When we entered we were greated with a stale stench. The receptioist ( wife ) was rude and snapped out questions and told us to wait. The waiting room was filled with dirty... And i mean VERY dirty chairs, pictures falling off wallls, carpet held together with duct tape. The boxes surounding the entire building, files, papers everywhere.He directed me to sit, wouldn't look at me he would ask a question, I would answer if he didn't like it he would ask over and over.he poked the tips of my fingers with a random safety pin on his desk. While sitting on the table, he crawled under it whacking something with reflex stick, pushing my legs away.The shock test was unbearable, wife snapped and pulled my arm. One was enouph,I walked out crying

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

I read these reviews and was terrified to go. I was extremely relieved once I saw him. Dr. Tang-Wai was professional friendly, and thorough. I had no trouble understanding him and although he did the carpal tunnel tests, there was no real pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2011

I see it like this. Dr. Tang-Wai did his job. His office may not be as clean and tidy as it should be. Yes it is hard to understand him at times. He was friendly towards me and treated me very well. He is the kind of man who wants you to answer his questions with simple answers. He doesn't want your life story. As he told me his job is to find out what's wrong with you, not to find out what is causeing it. That is up to your family doctor to find out. He recommends to your family doctor what sould be done to correct your problems. That's what he gets paid for and that's the kind of treatment he gives. If you want a doctor that lets you lie on a couch and to tell your life's woes to then go see a phycologist. A neurologist's primary job responsibility is to diagnose and treat nervous system disorders. Thank You...A Satisfied Patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2010

I accompannied my husband to his appointment For severe headaches. Very rude and disrespectful to myself and my husband. Hard to understand and when I tried to help my husband answer some of his questions he told me to shh! Because of this we were not happy because it made it harder for my husband to answer some of the questions. He may know what he is talking about but does not know how to go about it properly with his so called bed side manners. He is getting a MRI done but if any surgery needs to be done there will be no way he will be touching my husband especially if he has had a stroke in the past as I read on this site. Did tell us what he suspected but did not tell us what would need to be done if that is correct. We are no further ahead at this time after seeing him. We could not believe the stock piling of boxes and files etc. Even the bathroom was being used as astorage room. The waiting room was clean and the place did not smell as other people have reported in the past.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

I went into this appointment very leary due to what was written on this site. My husband come in with and there were no questions asked. While performing all the tests that need to be, him and my husband chatted. When he was finished, he explaing everything to me. He was not rude, abrupt or demeaning...Very thorough. His english was very broken though and the office very cluttered but all in all was a good visit...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2009

I saw a different Neurologist first and encountered problems with him. Then I was referred to Dr. Tang-Wai. He is very direct in his approach, so one needs to go prepared and communicate efficiently. His examination was gentle and very skilled. He arranged my EVP within 2 days and I am awaiting another MRI. I have every confidence in his diagnostic skills and experience and feel I am in much better hands than the situation I was in before. I found his office to be old but tidy and I did not receive the impression that it was in any way "dirty". Personally, I will take skill and expertise over bedside manner. I had nice bedside manner with the first Neurologist - and it certainly doesn't compensate for the mistakes he made with me. I am most happy and grateful for Dr. Tang-Wai's care and skill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1480289].votes_count ]]