Rate Dr. Douglas Anderson

Dr. Douglas Anderson's Ratings

I have moya-moya. A very rare disorder. Dr Anderson treated me with an EC-IC highflow bypass, which is working wonderfully. I would recomend him to anyone. A great doctor, great bedside manor, and very attentive.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2013 | flag

Submitted Dec. 14, 2012 | flag

Surgery is currently in process right now. My mother in law is getting a brain tumor removed. She has been in surgery for an hour and a half now and the doctor just called to inform us that she is doing great. Dr. Anderson and his staff are so kind and helpful. They keep us all up to date and explain everything that is going on. He is a wonderful man and he truly is the sweetest. I highly recommend him to anyone that needs neurological surgery. Without him, my family and I would not feel as confident about this surgery. He told us everything that is to be expected and his percision is unbelievable. God Bless Dr. Anderson for his knowledge, kind heart, and skills. He is a wonderful doctor and highly recommended by me. I will let you know how the overall surgery goes once she is finished. :)

Submitted Dec. 30, 2011 | flag

"legally responsible for what you write here"? no wonder there aren't many comments! Back in the early 90's he did my rare thoracic back surgery for an injury from a fall. It was extremely successful. I got my life back after two years of not being able to sit for very long let alone exercise. The injury was in the middle of my back and the pain was in my hip & leg, but he found it!

Submitted Dec. 5, 2011 | flag

In September of 2010 I was diagnosed with a skull based tumor. Dr. Anderson performed a very delicate surgery as this tumor was over 20 years old, large and involved 6 cranial nerves. It was also lying along side of my carotid artery. After 8 hours of surgery, he saved my vision and so much more. He is a wonderful surgeon, kind and explains everything in depth. I would send anyone that I care about o him. I feel so blessed to have found him.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2011 | flag

I wouldn't send my dog back to this doctor. He had me remove all my teeth before he said he would do another surgery for my Hydrocephalus. Since I did that he said I was crazy so I quit going to Loyola all together and went to Northwestern. Guess what the shunt was not working either Dr. Muro was the best Neurosurgeon I ever had. To bad my medical insurance sucks now so I can't go back and see him.

Submitted July 28, 2011 | flag

This is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor that has ever treated me. I owe him my life. His nurse Maureen is absolutely wonderful!

Submitted May 21, 2011 | flag

Saved my life not once, but twice. I can not say enough about his professionalism and kind heart. He is truly a blessing.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2009 | flag

THIS MAN IS A NEW HERO IN MY LIFE! THANK YOU, FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2008 | flag

Dr. Anderson and Dr.Tusan are very wonderful people. I just had brain surgery 10 days ago and I am already feeling better, and these two men saved my life! I am so happy that I chose this man to do my surgery because he is a very smart man, and he really cares about making people better! Go see Dr. Anderson if you need to get brain surgery! He is nothing but the BEST! :-)

Submitted Sept. 22, 2008 | flag