Rate Dr. Paul Gurland

Dr. Paul Gurland's Ratings

I have seen this guy twice now this is my first baby and he is so cold. I asked a question and he was like it could be a number of things what do u think? I'm not the doctor he is... I really hope I get a nice experienced dr who's well mannered.

The reviews seem to be better from patients that aren't having babies

Sigh :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596671].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Very rude doctor. Went into the hospital for a biopsy. He didnt introduce himself he talked into my file, I didn't hear a woed he said. Not personal, not helpful, wil lnot answer questions. Acts like your an inconvience. I never want to see him again he is rude, lectured me, made me even more afriad and I left crying. WORST dr I have EVER met in my life! Why work as an ob if you have no compassion for other humans?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2579765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Went in with an open mind, excited to meet my obgyn for the first time. He walked into the room after I waited an hour and 45 minutes to see him, didn't introduce himself and just told me he was goign to measure my baby. Measured my stomach and told me she was a little large but that is common with mixed babies. He then asked me if I had any questions, my husband and I asked if he needed to go over our birth plan and he just said, "I don't know, just bring it to the hospital." He told me to go back to my family doctor to get the rest of my blood tests that hadn't arrived yet (did them the week before, family doctor was supposed to fax them over) and to bring them to my next appointment and then he left. Rude, no bedside manner and he made it seem like I was a bother. I don't need the man to hold my hand and tell me everything is going to be okay but at least have some common courtesy. Considering this is my first child, this was a horrible experince that only lasted 3 minutes but left a horrible memory.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2571152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Our daughter was born when I turned 40, he told us we were too old to have kids in the delivery room! I missed the epidural as they checked me late, there was meconium so our daughter was stressed and they did an episiotomy. Also, he pulled the placenta out - it was worse than the labour! Cord broke inside and he fished it out with whole arm. I was screaming, my husband was terrified to leave me but baby had to go to NICU. Although he got our daughter out quickly, he could have given me pain killers for placenta or took me into OR especially because I missed epidural. When he walked into the delivery room - our stomache sank as neither one of us wanted him to deliver as we'd met him a few times during our prenatal and he was not pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2563164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I was assigned to Dr. Mykan as my OB for my first pregnancy. As per usual, with Credit Valley you visit the OB on call that day. My first encounter with Dr. Gurland was ok. He didn't seem to have much personality and was very robotic. He did ask me if I had questions, however, he seemed disinterested in answering them when I said I did... almost like an inconvenience and he regretted asking me the question. The second time I saw Dr. Gurland he was even worse. Very disinterested, not responsive to my questions, and at that time I had had an ultra sound and wanted the results. He almost didn't check with the nurses station, but after I insisted the results should be there he checked. He barely went over the results with me and I had to continue to probe to have my questions answered. Needless to say, with these two experiences I dreaded potentially having him as my delivery doctor. Well lucky me, guess who was on call the day my child delivered, Dr. Gurland. This was the worst by far ever and someone needs to discuss with him that patients have rights and he needs to communicate during this process. In the room when I was pushing was a resident doctor and all the nurses on call that morning. They checked me and agreed I had enough room/stretch to deliver by baby with no tears or episiotmy. Dr. Gurland walked in and asked the resident doctor doing my delivery to make a cut!!! Soon after he said "See how quick that was?". So basically he wanted this done quick so he could move on, but didn't think about the after affects for the patient. He never even asked or said he was doing it. I delivered by baby quickly and instead of waiting for me to deliver the placenta he reached inside me, grabbed it and pulled it out!!!! Who does that?!?! Again, he never asked or said he was doing this. I requested cord clamp delay and he did not do this either. He quickly unrobed, said congrats and walked out. Thank you very much for the lack of human sensitivity. I will not be going with the CVH OB office again if I have more children, I'll be finding a midwife.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2563012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

He is the most rude and insensitive doctor. No manners and absolutely not worthy of being a OB.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2562698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Over the past two years I had been experiencing back pain and very heavy bleeding for at least three weeks out of every month. I was rarely going anywhere other than work as my symptoms were inhibiting me from enjoying my life. I had been to the Doctors numerous times and requested ultrasounds/tests after each test I was told that there was nothing wrong and it all was just early signs of menopause. I finally got fed up and requested a referral to see a gynecologist. My referral d was with Dr. Gurland, I was a little worried after reading reviews but went in with an open mind. My appointment consisted of Dr. Gurland introducing himself, we went over what was wrong with me and he examined me. After my exam I went back to his office, he drew me a picture of what he had found. He explained to me very thoroughly my options; he let me with his guidance decide what my best option for surgery was. Three months later I was ready for surgery, he met with me before hand reassured me that I was in good hands. I woke up after my operation feeling very strangely well rested, and within two hours I was home. I felt well enough to go back to work after a couple of days. I’m so excited I have my life back again! Thank you Dr. Gurland P.S - Love the music in the operating room :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I just had several fibroids removed from my uterus a few days a go. I was in the do much pain prior and no life due to the pain of them. I was recommend to see DR. Gurland and he changed my situation. Even though others doctors did not want to operate on me because of my low hemoglobin he was willing to with with me. For a year he worked on getting my hemoglobin levels up and trying out alternative ways to surgery. I'm glad to say that because of him I'm fibroid free, pain free and still able to have a chance at having a child. I thank Dr. Gurland and his team

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

He is so brejudice, I was new to the country and I did not know my rights. He used to be so rude and made me misrabl during m visits. He is the worst dr I ever delt with.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2504238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Dr. Gurland completely changed my life for the better. I had a very severe case of endometriosis; two large cysts on both my ovaries that were causing horrible pain. I still cannot properly put into words just how badly this disease hindered my life. I spent months in bed, crying every day, living off of painkillers and my hope was wearing down quickly. At that time I was seeing Dr. Karah, a different gyno, who was well aware of my case and flat out refused me surgery and gave me no options. It wasn't until seeing Dr. Gurland that all hope was restored. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and he truly cares for his patients. He performed laparoscopic surgery to remove my endometriomas, and I can't tell you how much it has changed my life. I feel like I am finally who I used to be, and I owe that entirely to him. He was able to recognize the severity and urgency of my case, and was always kind and understanding toward me. If you have gynecological issues, I recommend him 100%.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450664].votes_count ]]