Dr. Paul Gurland

Rate Dr. Paul Gurland

Dr. Paul Gurland's Ratings

He is so brejudice, I was new to the country and I did not know my rights. He used to be so rude and made me misrabl during m visits. He is the worst dr I ever delt with.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Gurland completely changed my life for the better. I had a very severe case of endometriosis; two large cysts on both my ovaries that were causing horrible pain. I still cannot properly put into words just how badly this disease hindered my life. I spent months in bed, crying every day, living off of painkillers and my hope was wearing down quickly. At that time I was seeing Dr. Karah, a different gyno, who was well aware of my case and flat out refused me surgery and gave me no options. It wasn't until seeing Dr. Gurland that all hope was restored. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and he truly cares for his patients. He performed laparoscopic surgery to remove my endometriomas, and I can't tell you how much it has changed my life. I feel like I am finally who I used to be, and I owe that entirely to him. He was able to recognize the severity and urgency of my case, and was always kind and understanding toward me. If you have gynecological issues, I recommend him 100%.

Submitted May 30, 2014 | flag

I was reading comments and noticed how high some woman's expectations are.I am pregnant with my 3rd,Dr Gurland has delivered both my kids and I have him again. Maybe first impression comes off rough, but at the same time in delivery what do you expect him to be? He delivers babies all night for a living. He is just being professional and focusing on his job. He is not there to rub your back.When it comes to regular check ups with him at his office,he is nice and knowledgeable,walks in asking how you are,says Congratulations, and even asked how my other 2 kids were doing.He knows what he is doing and what he is talking about. He listens and provided very theral answers to why my daughter was an emergency delivery.I was told he is the best OB to deliver in an emergency situation.He ACTS FAST as I witnessed myself. Dr G, you are a wonderful OB from my experience, I am honored to have you deliver my third child(hope your on duty then)PPL need to appreciate honesty,your looking out 4 them

Submitted Feb. 5, 2014 | flag

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

Dr Gurland is a great doctor. He is extremely professional and knowledgable. I had my daughter in June 2013 and he was able to avoid c section. Every thing went well. His team is very professional.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2013 | flag

I don't understand why many people are giving this doctor bad reviews. Three years ago delivered my 8'11 pound baby girl. My OB was Dr. Myckan but her shift ended and Dr. Gurland helped me avoid a c-section as I was being induced. He did acknowledge me when he came in and never found him "cold" as other people say. He was just doing his job. He did use forceps and gave me an episiotomy (which I hope to get it fixed after my next baby thats due in November). His assistant was stitching me and seemed confused but he quickly stepped in when she asked for his help. He came the next day to visit me and the baby.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2013 | flag

I only met Dr. Gurland once. I was terrified after hearing reviews on him, but actually I didn't find him to be that bad. Sure he's not going to get an award for sensitivity or inter-personal skills, but he seems to know what he's doing. In discussions with staff members in the office they mentioned that he is an excellent surgeon. Honestly I think he is just a bit awkward with people. He seemed quite shy, but in terms of his skill level he clearly is good. Sure I'd rather have both but if I can only go with one thing, I'd rather have a skilled doctor.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2013 | flag

I usually see Dr. Smith (love him), but my last visit to the high risk clinic was with Dr. Gurland. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic bleed 2 weeks ago after a trip to the emergency when I thought I was losing the baby. I was assured that the baby was strong and healthy and growing as expected however Dr. Gurland did absolutely nothing to make me feel like I was a human being and treated me coldly, barely looked me in the eye and was nearly inaudible when he spoke. He did not even introduce himself to me or my mother in law, who had come with me on this check up. She was equally horrified by his passivity. Dr. Gurland, although cut and dry and direct in his delivery of information completely misses the human element necessary in dealing with patients. I left the appointment feeling more like a lab rat. The last words he spoke to me were "There's a risk of miscarriage"... not good luck or have a nice day. I made sure my next visit to the clinic IS NOT with him.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2012 | flag

My wife had a surgery performed by Dr. Gurland on October 11, 2012. As anyone else we were concerned about the outcome. Dr. Gurland performed his magic, did a great surgery. His entire crew of nurses were extremely helpful, with an outstanding professionalism, kind and caring. In such an environment where doctors/nurses deal with human beings on a 24 hour basis, all the above qualities are entirely fantrastic. Thank you Dr. Gurland and many thanks to your entire nurses crew.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012 | flag

I had my baby girl @ Credit Valley on September 30, 2012 Dr Gurland was the doctor on call that morning & I was incredibly nervous as this was my first baby...when attending my regular obgyn appointments the doctor assigned to me was Dr Doyle but the way the clinic works is you can see any of the given 8 doctors who work out of that office. I had seen Dr Gurland a few times & felt he was very knowledgable & helpful...he does not sugar coat...he's direct & to the point which I appreciate! All the staff at the labour & delivery dept were amazing...Dr Gurland was incredible...my labour & delivery couldn't have gone any better & I owe it all to the staff & especially Dr Gurland for making my experience as comfortable as it could be! The next day he came by to see myself & my 9lb baby girl...he was super pleasant & I was so thankful to have had him as my Doctor on such an important day!

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag