Rate Dr. Jerome Edelstein

Dr. Jerome Edelstein's Ratings

My problem was gynecomastia (man breasts). Dr Edelstein used a technique on me called ultrasonic liposuction. I do not have embarrassing breasts anymore. Can't tell you how good it feels to whip off my shirt and not worry about it. It bugged me for 20 years (I'm in my 30's). AMAZING

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

I had a total of 3 derma rolls and 2 peels with Petra Hughes (Medical Aesthetician) for acne scarring and the quality & texture of my skin is improved remarkably. Petra has been in the business for over 10 years and her reputation precedes her. She outlines a realistic and affordable treatment protocol and will do everything within her means to achieve a phenomenal end result. She is quite personable; explaining the treatment every step of the way. Much of my scarring has filled in and my facial hyper-pigmentation has been significantly reduced. It was an absolute pleasure meeting her and the very accommodating reception staff — I would have no reservations in recommending this clinic to friends or family!

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Edelstein is a great surgeon. I travelled from Texas where I work just to get my surgery done by him. I got 400cc in my right and 425cc in my left, under the muscle and an inframamary incision. I stayed in Toronto with my parents for about 3 weeks from consultation to the surgery and initial recovery, just to make sure that everything was okay before flying back to the States. I had my surgery done at the hospital because there were no clinic days available. The surgery took about 2 hours and I stayed in the recovery room for a few hours. I don’t remember how long because I was quite groggy from the anesthesia. During the whole time, though, I remember being tended to by a couple of nurses and Dr. E came by a couple of times too to see how I was doing. I felt very safe. I could feel the implants inside of me but I couldn’t see my improved chest because they were squished under the compression garment. When I was discharged and got back to my parents place where I was staying, I just slept and walked around a bit as advised to keep my blood going. That helped with the swelling. When I took my first shower, I took off my compression garment and was surprised to see how weird my chest looked. Dr. E warned me that they would take a couple months to settle, but I still felt weird. Anyway, they did drop as promised and now they look like totally natural Ds. I found Dr. Edelstein to be very different from the other plastic surgeons I met with. All of them except him were curt, while Dr. E was very polite, took the time to talk to me and answer my questions and expressed a level of care that I really appreciated.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

I had a breast augmentation and body work done by Dr E about 6 months ago. The process leading up to the surgery was very thorough, and the post-operative recovery was much better than I expected. The results are crazy good. It has lifted my self-esteem / self-confidence tremendously, and I love how I look in a bikini and tight clothing. Dr Edelstein and his staff are super nice, organized, and most importantly, they were AVAILABLE whenever I had questions / concerns. You guys are the best !

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

Was definitely not impressed with this doctor at all. You would think that when having a procedure done and having quoted you 17K for a BL and BA that he would me a little more personable. He lacked a personality and it's a little surprising with the positive reviews since mine was the opposite. He isn't able to perform a BL and BA at the same time and said it had to be done 6 months apart, I don't know if that's because he isn't capable of doing such a intense surgery or he is just money hungry and wanted to charge for the OR room twice. After 2 kids, I knew that I wanted 500cc's, under the muscle, medium profile, I am 5'6 130lbs, he said along with his assistant/RN that I was being 'too greedy'. The biggest complaint from women who've had a BA is that they wish they had gone bigger, 500 cc's is a D cup. The whole point, at least for me, when getting a BA done you want to go bigger than what you currently have. The most he would agree to was 400 and that's probably because he wants people to come back for another fee to get them bigger. Greedy and unprofessional in my view.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

I am pleased to have walked in Edelstein cosmetic clinic, for the problem of broken vessels formed around my nose. When waiting in the patient area for Petra Hughes (Medical Aesthetician), another staff member offered me tea or coffee. My thoughts were simply amazed as to the great service coming from the staff. I finally enter Petra's surgical room for a consultation. She is nice to engage in a conversation, which we talked about rosacea occurring at the nose. Mrs. Hughes told me that it will be removed with a procedure called 'FotoFacial IPL.' I feel so relieved now of my facial problem would be taken in great care by Petra from Edelstein clinic.

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

I am 39 years old and had a BA in January 2014 with Dr. Edelstein. My experience with him and his staff was amazing from start to finish. I recommend checking out his website as it is very informative. He has a unique surgical approach which sets him apart from other surgeons. As a result the post operative pain and risks are minimal. This is the main reason why I chose him to perform my surgery. He is passionate about his work and his credentials are outstanding. His staff were eager to express their confidence in him and his work which spoke volumes to me. At my consultation Dr Edelstein took the time to address any concerns I had. He helped me pick the right implant for me and I could not be happier. He assigned Anita to me as my patient care coordinator. I could call or email her any time with any additional questions I had. My overall experience was great. I had minimal pain and was only uncomfortable as my skin was stretching/growing to accommodate the implants. KG

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

It has been a year since my chin implant surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results. Dr. Edelstein did an outstanding job in correcting my recessed chin. He is a gifted surgeon and I would highly recommend him. During the initial consultation, he provided me with all the information I was looking for in simple and easy to understand (non-medical) language. I immediately felt comfortable with him performing the surgery. The day of the surgery I was understandably nervous, but he calmly put my fears to rest. He was with me when I woke up and assured me that everything went beautifully. He saw me at regular intervals post surgery to ensure that everything was healing appropriately. His surgical skills were amazing. My implant was inserted from an external cut under my chin and today, 1 year later I don't even have a scar. Dr. Edelstein and his team are great and I recommend you consider him/them for any cosmetic surgery procedures you are considering.

Submitted July 9, 2014 | flag

i had a previous botched BA and was feeling pretty low, all my concerns of pain and appearance were waved away as trivial by my previous surgeon. after several years passed I approached Dr Edelstein, he listened patiently and thoughtfully. I was already feeling pretty panicked that all my concerns wouldnt be heard, so I actually went in with a long list of questions and a big list of concerns. I even went as far a write up a list of characteristics that I was looking for from a revision of my BA. but when I met with Dr E. I had no need to feel panicked. he sat there and listened quietly and patiently. taking notes. and when I had said everything i wanted to say, he reviewed it all, showing me he actually heard. now having had the surgery done. I could not be more pleased with the results. the pain and discomfort is gone and im feeling more confident than ever. Thx Dr. E _S

Submitted July 5, 2014 | flag

Dr. Edelstein did my breast implants. The surgery was at the hospital, and when I checked in, the nurse just went on + on about Dr Edelstein,how he's just the best, you have nothing to worry about etc. It made me feel way less anxious. When I told Dr E about it, he joked that he had to remember to send that nurse her cheque this month ;-). The anesthesia was unbelievable. I don't really remember falling asleep, but when I woke up I asked when we were starting, and the nurse said I'm already done ! I recently went on vacation, and a guy came up to me and said "I don't mean to be rude, but your breasts are the greatest breasts I've ever seen". I'm sure he was just hitting I'm me, but to go from basically nothing to a great pair made me feel great ! This has made me feel so much better in General, one of the best things I've ever done.

Submitted June 30, 2014 | flag