Rate Dr. Christopher Gorrie

Dr. Christopher Gorrie's Ratings

Dr Gorrie is very embittered about the Health Care system and it has started to be reflected in his disposition and his staff. And don't ever ask about anything natural as he is not only uncooperative but quite scathing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2518695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

One of the Best, most caring / knowledgeable / current physician's in Calgary. I am VERY fortunate he was willing to 'take me back' after leaving the province for a few years. Too bad he is so popular and pratice is so busy, as i can sometimes be a challenge to get an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

Had Dr. Gorrie for many years prior to leaving the province. He discovered a life threatening disease I had and addressed it immediately. Turns out I had it for a decade where no prior doctor had looked into. He was caring, likeable and took his patients very seriously. It's been a nightmare trying to get a family physician in BC and as a result I miss Dr. Gorrie's friendliness and expertise. He is the best doctor I ever had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2013

When Dr.Gorrie is unsure of anything, he refers me, or sends me for further testing. He never hesitates to look for help elsewhere. My family truely appreciates that about him. A great family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2011

I have been with Gorrie for 14 years, there was a time when his staff were polite and helpful. In my most recent years they have been arrogant, unorganized and failed to provide what I would call good service. They have lost admin papers and not booked vital specialist appointments. They are constantly trying to unload patients and never answer their phones. For an extremely "busy" office, i dont think they actually work. Aside from the unmotivated and incompetent support staff, Dr Gorrie is a smart guy with helpful advice. I recommend calling him directly if you ever hope to solve any real issues. I only run his wing-nut, flaky, useless staff gauntlet when I really need a Doc, otherwise, alternative med and a bowl of soup helps. I would rate the Dr Gorrie experience as exhausting at best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

I couldn't possibly be happier with Dr. Gorrie as our family physician. No matter how busy he is, he is always very thorough and attentive. Given the health care situation in Alberta (and everywhere apparently) we are very lucky to have him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2010

Dr. Gorrie and his staff are the best. I wouldn't trade them for the world!!! He always listens to what you have to say and takes his time with you. He just doesn't tell you to take an aspirin and go home, he does everything he can for you to make sure you are taken care of. Sends you for whatever tests you require. He is also a very kind man and makes you feel at ease in his office. Explains everything to you in a way so that you understand, he uses medical terms but then tells you in laymen terms.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2009

My family and my inlaws have been seeing Dr. Gorrie for over 10 years. He really cares for you and takes the time to find out what is wrong with you. Great family doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2009

I could not ask for a better family doctor for myself and my kids! He is thorough and if he doesn't have the answer he isn't afraid to refer you to a physician that can help. Easy to talk with as well!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2009

Absolutely the best family doctor out there. Unfortunately I have moved province so do not see him anymore. Wish my new doctor was half as good as Dr. G. We knew Dr. G was great but trying to find a replacement in our new province is proving to be impossible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1484731].votes_count ]]