Rate Dr. Douglas Humphreys

Dr. Douglas Humphreys's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Humphrey's to perform my breast reconstruction immediately after prophylactic bilateral mastectomies (performed by Dr. Austen). I was immediately impressed with his bedside manner and the time he took with me to also know who I was beyond being "a patient". He was honest and compassionate. I am still early out of surgery (only a couple of months) but I am very pleased to date with how my healing is going and his wonderful bedside manner has continued through. I am also incredibly impressed with how he closed up my incisions - they are so fine and clean, and others I have shown his work too are similarly impressed. It seems I see many breast reconstructions where the "goal" is to look good in clothes, but Dr. Humphrey's seems to recognize the importance to women of looking good OUT of them as well. He obviously cares about his work. I know that in the future if I need any further surgeries related to my reconstruction I can trust him absolutely!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Humphreys for 9 years. He cured me of skin cancer I had on my leg. It was the most severe cancer, a melanoma. He was the only doctor, including the nice doctors from the cancer centre, who asked me how I was dealing with my cancer diagnosis. He really cared. He did my cancer surgery quickly, within one month. Because of the type of surgery he had to do ( skin graft), it left me with a little scar. I decided a few years ago to go see Dr. Humphreys again and see if my scar could be improved. It sure could! He cut out the old skin graft scar and now my leg looks beautiful again! Now I go to the office to see Dr. Doug and Vanessa to make my face look younger. Their creams and lunchtime tricks make me look and feel great. Thanks Dr. Doug and team. You are the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Humphreys took a skin lesion off my teenage son. His bedside manner was wonderful and his surgical technique meticulous. Kind, compassionate, easy to talk to, and a great surgeon! No hesitation to recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Awesome experience. Dr Humphreys listens to what you want and is honest in what you can expect. A very worthwhile procedure. I was very happy with the outcome. Would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I had a breast augment performed by Dr. Humphreys. He and his staff were excellent to deal with. The consult was thorough and I was not rushed. Dr. Humphreys was knowledable and made me comfortable with my decision. The staff in the OR were excellent as well. They made me feel safe and put me at ease. My results are amazing! I am so happy that I went with Dr. Humphreys. I would highly recommend him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Okay so here we go, I first went to visit Humphrey's in 2011 for breast augmentation and to even out the large difference in sizes of my breasts. I am trying to make this somewhat short so ill get to the point. I have gone in for surgery six times now!! and even after the six times he managed to make my right breast look like COMPLETE**** ! Please I'm warning you, do not trust him as your MD. He seems like a very smart guy who knows what he's doing, but I can assure you he is NOT! I do not want anyone feeling the way that I do now, even more depressed about my breast appearance then I did when I first seen him. My nipples now very are uneven as he decided to cut one of my nipples out and place it above where it should be. I was in the hospital for about two weeks because of an infection that he didn't care to take care of before it got even worse and into my blood stream. all I have to say is if you do not want your surgery bashed up DO NOT SEE HIM !!!! I will include pictures!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1486578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

Had Abdominoplasty & Mastopexy Dec 2012. Experience has been amazing from front office(Brooke, Dalyce, Lisa, Nurse Vanessa), Surgical staff(Suzanne, Karen, Amanda, Dr. Patel(anesth)) & of course Dr. Humphreys! He is very intelligent & possesses exceptional sx skills(lovely scars, quick recovery) and is a very kind man. Consultation was detailed & informative & I was booked for sx the next month. Chose the MTPS surgical suite - it is an impressive state of the art facility. The sx staff has excellent bedside manner, and the whole sx day was more relaxed than I had anticipated. Postop appts have been great - very efficient. A small revision sx was performed last month & I am 100% satisfied with the results!! Dr. Humphreys is an amazing surgeon with an amazing facility and staff and I would highly advise that if you are thinking of these surgeries, that Dr. Humphreys should be your surgeon. I only wish that I wanted/needed more work done as it's such a pleasant experience at MTPS!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1486577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

I had my first consult with Dr. Humphreys and nurse Vanessa. After I had some Doubts about size and had a 2nd consult with just nurse Vanessa, I felt like she was annoyed with me. They ended up ordering a couple different sizes so we could decide on the day of surgery. I thought that was extremely helpful. Day of surgery I was very nervous but the staff were amazing! The anesthesiologist and nurses put me at ease. Dr. Humphreys himself was always very nice and did a great job! he really listened and gave me exactly what I wanted. If I had any complaints it would be he couldn't get me in until 2 weeks post op. My family called 3 days post op and told them I was sick, vomiting and had a fever but they still didn't see me. Especially for the money I paid I felt I deserved more attention and a better attitude from some staff I encountered before surgery day. Overall I definitely recommend Dr. Humphreys to anyone looking for a BA.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1486576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

I had my BA on April 23 and I am now 4 weeks post op. I couldn't be happier with the results! Dr. Humphreys along with the nurses and office staff are amazing. They made me feel so comfortable and had answers to every question I had, from the important ones to the ones I felt silly asking. I would definitely recommend Dr Humphreys to anyone looking for a great experience with a kind, caring and very thorough surgeon. The nurses and office staff talk to you like a friend and go above and beyond the call of duty to make your experience a great one!I have been back for two follow up appointments so far and everything is looking and feeling great. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1486575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

I just had my BA done 04/04/13! I am so happy with the results already! Dr. Humphreys and his staff are absolutely amazing and make you feel so comfortable. I would defiantly recommend him to anyone thinking about have this procedure. I went to four other Dr. consults in Edmonton before finding Dr. Humphreys in Calgary, and it was totally worth the drive ! I never felt more sure about anything after my consult and I m extreamly happy with his work !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1486574].votes_count ]]