Rate Dr. George Nye

Dr. George Nye's Ratings

Love Dr. Nye and my hygienist Linda. Will be sad when his retirement day comes!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2014

I've been going to this dentist office since I was a child. They are really nice people, great at getting you in for semi-urgent appt; but VERY slow at repsonding. There is this one situation I am having right now that is making me extremely frustrated. I am currently trying to get invisiline (ortho) done, therefore my ortho doctor sent some films for them to see if I need some potential cavities fixed. These films were sent approx 3 weeks ago and I still have not gotten any reply. So I've decided to follow up on my own because I need to start on my ortho treatment. Therefore, I called them few days in a row because I always seem to speak to a different receptionist and they play the blame game "I didn't get this message" or "sorry we will follow up on and give you a call back". Note, day 4 they have still not called me back....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Nye has cared for me since the 1970's. When I found him I was desperate. Another dentist told me I needed $2000 of dental work (my yearly income then!) He solved my problem for less than $100. He found sound, economical solutions to many difficult problems. Later, we had money, but he advised against trendy procedures that would cause expensive problems. When I moved to Montreal, I kept him as my dentist because he was better than any I met there. Dentistry has changed a lot. Emphasis is now on prevention so I see more of technicians for cleaning - and less of Dr. Nye - but I don't think he should be faulted for organizing my care to prevent expensive problems. Among the dozen or more dentists who have treated me, he remains at the top of my list. My English is good so accents don`t bother me. Competence is what I look for. I am fond of his old photos (that he took himself) even though they look worn. I am thankful to have a reliable dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr NYE is not a trustworthy dentist, he's always in a hurry and treating few patients at the same time. He had no patience to explain the full details when referring you to a specialist , he just left without notice and left the nurse to deliver the news that you need to see a gum disease without even discussing with you . He had no respect for patients, all he cared is to dig money out of your pocket. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

If you got insurance, he will ask you to sign blank forms, saying that will be quicker. He is greedy and untrustworthy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2013

i went in for a root cannel ! he was horrible his assistants spoke NO english and were very pushy! they kept taking about money while the dentist worked on my tooth! the rooms are very dirty! and old! the assistant was coughing and blowing her nose and never changed her gloves!the tooth he worked on ! he damaged and tied to cover it up! I asked him to stop working on my tooth . i went to see a specialist shortly after. he told me my tooth was damaged! so I went back to Nye to get my xrays and all the info on my work been dome and there was NO INFO IN MY CHART!!!! very strange! I am going t report HIM! he is a bad dentist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2012

I think he is a wonderful dentist, kind, compassionate, listens to my thoughts and answers all my questions. I don't live in Vancouver anymore but I travel the 4 hour drive for myself, my son and my mother's dental appointments. I like the waterlase machine that he has, I don't like needles so when he uses that it is somewhat quick and painless. Great staff!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Nye's almost since he opened his practice. Not only has he provided me with top quality work every time, he is also a kind individual with good "bedside manner". The two hygienists that I have seen are thorough and accommodating. Not sure about the comment regarding his staff speaking poor English. As I said, I've been going there for years and everyone that I've seen speaks decent to perfect English. Definitely recommend and will stay with him until he retires!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

A superior dentist, highly qualified, meticulous in all areas. Proficiency plus. He is a detailed individual, giving the utmost of care and attention to all of his patients. He is truly a credit to the dental profession. I will be sad the day he retires. The best by far, as far as I am concerned.Has been my dentist for 25+ years. Kudos also to his dental lab personnel, exemplatory work, the finest ! MY years there have been highly positive and I have the smile to go with it...Tx, Dr. Nye

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

Do not..I repeat do not go to this dentist.! He neglected to listen to my concerns and caused me tremendous amount of pain, suffering and an unnecessary root canal. Luckily my insurance covered for most of the charges, but I was still out of pocket close to $500 for the endodontist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1488768].votes_count ]]