Rate Dr. Shabana Sikander

Dr. Shabana Sikander's Ratings

This clinic is very close to my house and is a quick solution if I cannot get in to see my kids pediatrician. No one is ever there at the time it says the clinic opens. The doctor usually doesn't arrive until 2 hours after the clinic opens. The receptionist is very rude. The doctor does not care about the well-being of patients one bit. I took one of my kids there and she waived her symptoms off as a stomach flu, later that night I took her to the ER and turns out she had pneumonia. This has happened on several other occasions as well. This clinic does not provide good health care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I think most have had similar experience. She seems to be knowledgeable, but, just doesn't spend the time with patients to fully understand patients situation. After 2 to 3 hours of waiting she will see you for 5 mins. She's trying to do volume to make money. Staff is very rude and sneaks patients in based on I don't know what.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Useless, immoral, uncaring, went to her for first time and absolutely horrid. I have had a chronic issue for months and finally took the courage to see a doctor and she literally gave me 2 minutes. Didn't even listen to my entire story, I literally had to go see another doctor a couple of hours later because I felt she did nothing. I'm not well informed on what the process is but her license needs to be revoked, she was absolutely soo incredibly rude. Yes she knows her stuff from it looked like, but even a 12 year old can go WEB MD, bedside manners, actual care of your patient, where did that go!?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Really bad clinic, except for Doctor's knowledge. Can't comment much on that, as you have to be a doctor to evaluate another one I guess. But for rest (Staff/Helpfulness/Punctuality), they deserve negative score, if that was possible!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

here are 4 front desk attendants 2 old hags and 2 young kids. the old hags, one pakistani and one hispanic, are the worst front desk staff of any clinic you'd ever see. you'll see them sneak in patients who walk in much after you and no, I'm not talking about those with appointments. these two alone are biggest frustrating factors. while pakshitani is plain stupid, the hispanic is an arrogant b****. The Dr. is very knowledgeable but she does want to swipe your card as frequently as possible and while she is great at diagnosis, her attention span seems to have plummeted dramatically in last year or so. which is a pity because she's really good at what she does. I don't know who gave the staff a high rating because you have to be blind to give these idiots a rating of 1 and a big majority will give them negative rating if that was possible

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

I have been a patient at her clinic for years and she used to be very attentive, polite and caring for her patients. This has changed recently. My last few visit her lab technician took my medical history in a room where people(technicians, doctors, receptionists) kept going in and out. Dr. Sikander was yelling at her staff in front of the patients. She was rude to other doctors who work with her and her staff seemed tense. The environment was extremely unprofessional. She sees you for 3 minutes in a rush after waiting for her for 3 hours due to overbooking. She didn't read my history properly and only gave me medicine for only one issue. When I reminded her, she told me to come back later as she has already closed my file.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

We have seen this Dr 3 times during the last 2 years due to infections: ear, throat, lungs. My husband and I had to go back to see her again and again, as she didn't want to prescribe antibiotics during the first visits. Finally, she prescribed the right medication at the second/third visit. It might be just bad luck. But how hard it to realize that someone has an infection, if there is even high fever. I hate to think that she knew what we had from the beginning, but wanted us back. But after this last experience, I have serious doubts. On the other hand, she is very sweet and polite. Staff is okay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

She seems to always know what she is talking about. I have seen her at least 10 times now, even though shez not my family doctor. Normally I go to her clinic, wait is at least 1 hour or more, she will come spend 30 seconds in diagnostic, write you a prescription and you are done. I once asked her 2 questions and she didnt allow me to ask the 3rd question and told me to come another day. So, its good and bad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1489433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2013

I am disappointed to read some of the comments in this doctor's profile. I've known Dr. Shabana Sikander for the past two years now and I strongly believe that she is a very knowledgeable and helpful person. I am yet to come across such a capable physician, given the fact that she is able to provide care to such a high volume of patients while remaining calm and maintaining quality of care. It's a very busy clinic and therefore the waiting is inevitable. However, rest assured that waiting is worth the quality of care. Two of my friends who recommended me to her come all the way from Owen Sound and Burlington. I have seen that she is quick to diagnose which has helped me atleast. Considering the ongoing shortage of physicians in Canada, we are lucky to have such a doctor who is able to cater to so many patients in a day!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1489432].votes_count ]]