Dr. Shabana Sikander

Rate Dr. Shabana Sikander

Dr. Shabana Sikander's Ratings

here are 4 front desk attendants 2 old hags and 2 young kids. the old hags, one pakistani and one hispanic, are the worst front desk staff of any clinic you'd ever see. you'll see them sneak in patients who walk in much after you and no, I'm not talking about those with appointments. these two alone are biggest frustrating factors. while pakshitani is plain stupid, the hispanic is an arrogant b****. The Dr. is very knowledgeable but she does want to swipe your card as frequently as possible and while she is great at diagnosis, her attention span seems to have plummeted dramatically in last year or so. which is a pity because she's really good at what she does. I don't know who gave the staff a high rating because you have to be blind to give these idiots a rating of 1 and a big majority will give them negative rating if that was possible

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient at her clinic for years and she used to be very attentive, polite and caring for her patients. This has changed recently. My last few visit her lab technician took my medical history in a room where people(technicians, doctors, receptionists) kept going in and out. Dr. Sikander was yelling at her staff in front of the patients. She was rude to other doctors who work with her and her staff seemed tense. The environment was extremely unprofessional. She sees you for 3 minutes in a rush after waiting for her for 3 hours due to overbooking. She didn't read my history properly and only gave me medicine for only one issue. When I reminded her, she told me to come back later as she has already closed my file.

Submitted July 21, 2014 | flag

We have seen this Dr 3 times during the last 2 years due to infections: ear, throat, lungs. My husband and I had to go back to see her again and again, as she didn't want to prescribe antibiotics during the first visits. Finally, she prescribed the right medication at the second/third visit. It might be just bad luck. But how hard it to realize that someone has an infection, if there is even high fever. I hate to think that she knew what we had from the beginning, but wanted us back. But after this last experience, I have serious doubts. On the other hand, she is very sweet and polite. Staff is okay.

Submitted April 4, 2014 | flag

She seems to always know what she is talking about. I have seen her at least 10 times now, even though shez not my family doctor. Normally I go to her clinic, wait is at least 1 hour or more, she will come spend 30 seconds in diagnostic, write you a prescription and you are done. I once asked her 2 questions and she didnt allow me to ask the 3rd question and told me to come another day. So, its good and bad.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2013 | flag

I am disappointed to read some of the comments in this doctor's profile. I've known Dr. Shabana Sikander for the past two years now and I strongly believe that she is a very knowledgeable and helpful person. I am yet to come across such a capable physician, given the fact that she is able to provide care to such a high volume of patients while remaining calm and maintaining quality of care. It's a very busy clinic and therefore the waiting is inevitable. However, rest assured that waiting is worth the quality of care. Two of my friends who recommended me to her come all the way from Owen Sound and Burlington. I have seen that she is quick to diagnose which has helped me atleast. Considering the ongoing shortage of physicians in Canada, we are lucky to have such a doctor who is able to cater to so many patients in a day!

Submitted May 7, 2013 | flag

Walk-in clinic is completely disorganized. The office opens at 9am on Sundays but the doctor does not come in until after 10:30am. Patients are left waiting for hours for a one-minute appointment. Office staff is unhelpful. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this doctor!!!!

Submitted May 5, 2013 | flag

Doctor is very money minded, looks like getting kick back from Pharmacy, lab and other services. Fond of prescribing unnecessary medications may be in order to get kick back from nearby pharmacy. Before I was with other family doctor most of time he didn't write much medication to me as it is not needed, SIMPLE ANSWER NO NEED YOU WILL GET BACK WELL SOON. But with her I could safely say that she prescribed me and my family more medication in one year period than six year with previous doctor. Thanks God, me and my family is with another family doctor and he is treating us very ethically and not prescribing unnecessary medication. BE AWARE PAKISTANI (MOST OF HER PATIENTS ARE FROM PAKISTANI COMMUNITY)COMMUNITY, IT IS OUR MENTALITY IF WE VISIT DOCTOR AND Dr. IS NOT PRESCRIBING MEDICATION WE THINK DR. IS NOT GOOD AND SHE IS EXPLOITING THAT MENTALITY.....

Submitted Dec. 10, 2012 | flag

worst place i've been to. The doctor is clearly very money hungry and over books like crazy! she should focus on improving her staff and time management skills rather then making money which she will regardless. First and only time going there she told me to do an 2 ultrasounds, one for each of the reasons I came for, reason being because they do them there and ofcourse it gives her more money. Was told ultrasounds were by apt only and there woul dbe no wait time, had to reschedule twice; first time waited over 30 minutes, second waited an hour still without being seen. She should really focus on patient care and satisfaction rather then her greedy desires. Don't over book, maybe then it would get a load off your employees and actually be happy.

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

This walk-in clonic has the worst staff in Mississauga, really disorganized, unwilling to help and rude. Sundays are the worst, you have to wait at least 3 hours for a poor service that only lasts seconds. You can read from the computer all the info from other patients, there is no privacy. The staff starts screaming and knocking their desk when kids are playing and making noise... but after 3 hours of waiting...they are tired. They need to stop receiving so many patients and proving better sevice. Please don't waste you time.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag