You may also like

Rate Dr. Vince Visconti

Dr. Vince Visconti's Ratings

My grandfather had been seeing dr V for a long time, but as he got older (he's 80) I started to go with him to his appointments. The office is dirty, smells, and is very run down. Hour is a pill pusher who doesn't listen to patients and is always in a rush. When I got my grandfather a new dr I found out that the meds dr V was prescribing never should have been taken together and where doing massive damage to his stomach and kidneys. I will never let anyone I know go there, it's no wonder he has had suspensions from the College of physicians.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2779401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I have seen Dr. Visconti two times. He is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. The first trip I was in town from BC and had a sore throat. After looking in my nose and mouth he offered me an oral mouth wash that numbs your throat. I accepted the prescription and after returning to my home in Kamloops couldn't sleep due to sore throat and stomach ache. The Dr. in Kamloops told me I had a very bad ear infection and prescribed an Anti-biotic which cured my ailment. It was at that point I realized Dr. Visconti hadn’t look in my ears. On the second trip I had injured my rib. I requested an anti-inflammatory but all he offered me was a prescription for 222's. I advised him that I could take Tylenol for the pain and wanted something that would address the source of the pain. He actually opened his door and as he continued to speak with me walked out into his lobby. Even after I told him to forget the prescription for 222;'s he wrote it anyways and was speaking to me about my condition in front of the patients in the lobby. I made an appointment with Dr. Chris Gregson my old physician and he offered me a prescription for an Anti-Inflammatory with a built in pain killer without any prompting from myself. Dr. Gregson is really hard to see as he is so busy due to his knowledge. Dr. Visconti has to take walk ins I suspect due to his poor performance. If you have anything seriously wrong with you I would stay away from this Dr. as he doesn't seem to know even the basics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. V since I was a small child. As a child, I of course had no opinion on him, but now that I'm in my 20's I can say he is a very caring, genuine, and smart man. He has a very calm demeanor that puts someone like me, with social anxiety, at ease. I've seen him many times for many reasons and he's always done right by me and diagnosed me properly, as the rest of my family. He also takes great care of my grandparents. Even making house calls on a whim for issues not necessarily of dire need. He cares about the people that care for him. I do agree that his office is a mess, though. His staff are incompetent. And wait times can be ridiculous. He's definitely worth a try, though!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Very filthy place. Smells like an ash can. Very long wait. Others who came in behind me went ahead. Very unprofessional. Expects you to go to a pharmacy in Edmonton, but will make an exception.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2748620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr V for many years. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, and caring. Sure he may not have the best staff or the most up to date facilities but putting up with those things are worth it to be seen and treated by him.
I agree with the way he prioritizes patients. If someone can be treated quickly with a prescription or injection and he's very familiar with their situation he quickly sees them. Some people in the waiting room may not appreciate this but when he's very busy it makes sense to do this instead of making every person wait hours and have people lined up out the door . If you came and saw him and waited a long time beforehand in the waiting room and he sends you for xrays , then when you come back to get the results you don't have to wait again, which I feel is fair as it only takes him a few minutes to share the results.
As for elderly some do come in the evenings as I'm sure this is when they can get rides and it's nice he treats them quickly instead of making them wait hours sitting in their wheelchair hearing babies cry. I'm sure you'd appreciate this too, I know I would .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

I've been going to Visconti ever since I was a little girl, I have a daughter now and I will be taking her there aswell. Obviously not for big things as it is a WALK IN CLINIC, which people clearly don't understand, but when she has a cold or something minor absolutely he knows what he's doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Looking for a new Dr for my son and ended up in Dr. V's clinic. Place looked old, chairs were rocking. We had an appointment for 5:30 but ended up waiting for our turn to be called at 6:45. There was a list to sign in and obviously it should be first in first out but other patients were coming in and leaving earlier than us. I think when the Dr. Knows you already he just doesn't bother look at the list and just say "joe" or "Mary" what can I help you with and these patients just walked in. A report my son had to submit to,the union that he had to fill-up cost us $300CASH..no receipt. Actually, he did not finish filling up the form but told us to return next day. We went back before he can get there at 4:00pm listed my son's name, called in the room but was not seen until 6:00 because he was in between patients. I ask receptionist why he is not coming in the room, she said he will when he has some time, I said we were first in the list and she said no you are not. Really???? The thing to do is when you walk in the room, stand by the doorway to let doctor you need him. Rude receptionist, rude staff, they are not dressed appropriate for a health clinic. I hope Alberta Health does a Sanitary inspection of this place and staff review.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2734741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Dr V. Has been my doctor for 7 years he is a brilliant Dr. and gets things done fast. and i am proof of this. i don't think he has much time for slackers. so they get mad at him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Awful place. Very unprofessional and I will never return.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2671240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Dr Visconti is a great doctor, very helpful and precise. I unfortunately agree with the other comments that the clinic organization is poor and the front desk staff very unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2665617].votes_count ]]