Rate Dr. Robert D. Frey

Dr. Robert D. Frey's Ratings

I have had severe back problems and chronic pain for 7 years now and I'm only 33. Dring this time, I've had surgeries, seen countless doctors and several pain management specialists. Dr. Frey is by far the best. When he stopped practicing in Santa Barbara where I live, I decided it was worth the 30 minute drive each way just to continue seeing him. He clearly shows that he is concerned for his patients and not just to make money. He explains things in detail, tries all avenues possible to get you the best results and responses to emails in depth and even on weekends or night time. I am 100% loyal to this doctor and highly recommend him. Don't be afraid to ask questions. His personality is great as well. Someone made a poor comment about him "cracking jokes" but I find him extremely professional and when we are in chronic pain, some levity can be a great thing. His personality and demeanor for me at least, makes it very easy to talk to him as one person to another.

Submitted July 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Frey is a very dedicated dr. Unfortunately he has not been able to completely cure my pain, but he hasn't given up and is willing to look at other options. This is so impressive because for the last two years I have been suffering from severe hip/buttock pain and my general practitioner and a neurologist were convinced that it was in the spine and I had sugary which did nothing. Dr. Frey was and is willing to pursue all options and treatments. He hasn't given up, he doesn't have a one track mind in regards to treatment and that is what make him a great Dr. He even discussed my case with me on the phone on a Friday afternoon for at least 45 minutes.

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Frey's Staff in Camarillo was the Best Ever! Now, he is in Ventura and the staff is just so-so... But, He is a wonderful Human Being and will shoot you straight! Not just going to hand out strong medications like sweet tarts; no... he really is the best Doctor I have seen in the last 5 1/2 years since my illnesses onset.

Submitted March 21, 2011 | flag

Money down the drain. The 10 mins that the doctor spent with me: looking at my MRI's wondering if he could see the description for more information (!?) - highly unprofessional; not even bothering to look at my back or ask about my med. history. Cracking jokes and having a good time while I am in pain. Highly unimpressed. Ended up suggesting I go and try smb else like a phys. therapist. Do they pay money for this? Good job..

Submitted Feb. 8, 2010 | flag

Spends quality time with patients. Studies films from other doctors, answers emails. Writes medicine instructions down for patients (especially elderly) to help them understand what they are taking. Nice, caring, human being.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2007 | flag