Rate Dr. Remo Panacionne

Dr. Remo Panacionne's Ratings

He has been helping my mom for over ten years my mom just recently passed away and I got no call saying sorry for your loss. Broke my heart

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580431].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Oh Dr. P !! I can't say enough about this man. Started seeing him when I moved to Calgary in 2000. Took part in his Humira study. Have had maybe 3 relapses in 10 years since starting Humira. Moved back to Edmonton area in 2007. He tried suggesting a doctor in my vicinity and I said no way! I travel every six months to see him. His staff answer my e-mails same day. When I happen to be relapsing he's always there for me via my regular GP. I love him :) He is without a doubt the best doctor EVER !! If you are ever lucky enough to get into his practice . . stay there, listen to him, believe in him. He knows what he's doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2013

I saw Dr Panacionne in 2002 after I was having severe digestive pain and bleeding. He got me in quickly and did a colonscopy. He took the time to explain everything in detail,took tissue samples, and was gentle and not judgmental. I am still having digestive problems today and was trying to get into see him again through my doctor but my doctor keeps telling me that Dr Panacionne office won't return his calls/referral? I find this shocking considering his office has always been so efficient in the past. I've given up now because I asked my Doctor 3 times about this. I was hoping that I could get in to see him again because it's rare that you find a Specialist that cares, explains everything and tries to help instead of just being all about money. You're lucky if you get in to see this Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I have had ulcerative colitis for 21 years and Dr Panacionne is my specialist. My most recent colonoscopy is, in my opinion, a great example of why Dr. P is the most amazing specialist I could imagine. I am breast feeding and wanted to have my colonoscopy without sedation. He answered my email inquiring about doing so within 5 minutes of me sending it. I was glad to hear he was fine with my decision. I underwent the procedure without sedation and can honestly say it was a good experience! He and the nurse (who was also excellent) walked me through everything and they were both supportive and informative. Thanks very much to both of them! I know it sounds very odd to refer to a colonoscopy as a positive experience, but it speaks to what an incredible doctor he is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Remo for my Crohn's disease since I was 17. I was very stubborn at that age and he was very patient and explained the disease in a whole new way that made me want to take control of my life. He has always been pleasant and has very relaxed bedside manner which makes me feel comfortable. I've moved away to university but it's like he is an angel by my side. He let's me email me if I have questions or problems and he responds almost instantly. When I return to Calgary he always fits me in on short notice. I like the fact that he cares about me, things I do with my life, and my family. He remembers everything about me and makes me feel more than just another patient. We need more doctors like him to care for us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2012

Exceptional doctor, best I've ever had that specialized in Crohn's disease. Very knowledgeable, understanding, caring, and just all around excellent. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

I am a nurse who has a daughter that has seen Dr. Panaccione for the last 4 years. I also happen to work with him one day a week as an endoscopy nurse. Without a doubt he is the one to see if you suffer from Crohn's or ulcerative colitis. All our docs have the ultimate respect for him and he has doctors from all over the world come and train with him. I hear patients sing his praise over and over again and that is why I asked him to see my daughter who was struggling with her Crohn's. He has a tremendous bedisde manner and is warm and caring. My daughter just loves him and he has transformed her from a patient who was a prisoner with her disease to a vibrant confident woman. If there is one thing I can say is that he is passionate about his IBD patients and gets a little curt when patients don't follow his advice. I think he takes it too personally and gets frustrated. Remo if you read this remember you can only help those who help themselves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

One of the most arrogant doctors I have met in my years as a Crohn's patient. He is so wrapped up in the research and dollars that he forgets there is a person attached to the symptoms. If he would listen to the patient and know that they really do know their bodies best! Feel sorry for those who trust he will have their best interests at heart. If it weren't for my own 'gut' instincts I know I would have been critically ill (seems to be a familiar story with his rating)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I lived with Crohnh's for 25 years and lived all over Canada, the US and Europe. No one has been able to help me. It was affecting my job and my family life. About 8 months ago I flew from Ottawa to see Dr. P. He changed my life in a away no one else has. Personally spent one and half hours with me the first visit, arranged testing and switchedd my meds around. I am a new man. I fly 5 hours to see him every four months but it's worth it. I would never trust my disease to anyone else. Always avaialble by email when I have a question. I admire his dedication and caring. I just hope he can keep it up with his busy schedule--too bad we can't clone him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

Dr. Panacionne is an amazing doctor who is kind and knowledgeable. He spent quality time explaining everything before and after the tests and was available outside of office hours for consultation. Truly exceptional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1490729].votes_count ]]