Rate Dr. Cameron Purdon

Dr. Cameron Purdon's Ratings

As part of a pre-op, I visited Dr. Purdon to check things out. He found a lump in my neck that turned out to be a cancer in the thyroid. Strange thing; I had a physical just a couple of months before and it wasn't noticed. Had Doctor Purdon not been as thorough and observant, it would have gone undetected and likely lead to serious consequences. I feel that he saved my life. Thank you, Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

I found Dr. Purdon to be extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He took significant time to explain concepts. Notably, he was very methodical in his diagnostic approach and clearly has the best interests of his patients as his top priority. Not once did I ever feel like I was being rushed out the door; conversations during appointments had a relaxed, laid-back feel to them. Importantly, his receptionist is the best that I have ever interacted with - VERY pleasant (which is a refreshing change in this day and age) and extremely helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

He does not accept patients from Kitchener regardless of how close to Guelph. Eg. Edge of Kitchener only 20 minutes from his office. My location is just as close to drive to Guelph as it is to Waterloo. It would be similar to a Waterloo doctor refusing a Kitchener patient. Refusing a patient from Toronto would be acceptable, but Guelph is still considered by many as part of the Tri-Cities Region.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I saw Dr. Purdon for my first time this week. He was very personable, polite and took the time to review my file, give explanations and plan the next steps with me. I didn't feel rushed or that I was just another number. Dr. Purdon's administrator is a very sweet lady. She has an up beat personality and great memory. Their office is very responsive, organized and overall I am very happy that I was referred to Dr. Purdon. I really feel that I am in great hands with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1491566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Purdon is the most amazing doctor I know. When my family doctor made me feel I was a burden Dr. Purdon made sure I was on the road to recovery with my Thyroid. He has helped me so much with his knowledge, dry humor and outstanding patient care. When I was really sick he called me every day for 2 weeks until my levels became less scary...that is unheard of now a days with doctors. I just want to say DR. PURDON YOU ARE OUTSTANDING!! And a big thank you to his office assistant Mary :)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1491587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. Purdon treats you as an individual rather than an OHIP billing. He Seems to know that fear of the unknown is the patient's greatest fear. He clearly explains your medical condition in plain English, and ensures you understand what is wrong, what to do about it, and what to expect along the way. He is courteous, respectful, and welcomes questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2012

When I went to to Dr Purdon I was in severe hypo as I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and very much in distress. Dr Purdon talked to me about various options and send me on the right path as I have been taking Levothyroxine and feeling great

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

This man comes from the old school as it relates to thyroid issues. He thinks the blood test is 100% and the only issue for diagnosis. Fact is the blood test in the LAST diagnostic tool you should use. He has a love afair with synthetic hormone and teaching him otherwise is like teaching a Muskrat Algebra= Difficult from the start and you easily pisses off the Muskrat.Ties to big phaarma are too strong for proper treatment. My suggestion is to learn all you can from the massive information on the INTERNET and stand your ground when dealing with doctors such as him. Knowledge is strength and all you get from him is the official CMA OMA line. Too bad he could be a fantastic doctor it he would open his eyes and learn from the specialists that have developed a better approach both in diagnosis and treatment. Not a total failure but ????

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1491584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

Very helpfull.Obtained the best possible care for me.Very knowledgeable on the pathologies and offered all available options for me to make the best decision.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

Amazing Dr. I've been seeing him for a couple years and nothing amazes me more that he calls you back with information you needed so you don't have to waste time sitting in the office to hear lab results! And the receptionists are amazing and remember you by name!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491582].votes_count ]]