Rate Dr. Joseph Gutman

Dr. Joseph Gutman's Ratings

Talks a lot just not about his patient's problem, not interested to provide much of any help, so full of himself it's only worse that he was actually completely wrong in my case. Have not prescribed any(!) treatment even though it exists and widely available.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2013

Dr. Gutman at first I thought great! After seeing him every 3 weeks... down hill!!! He never really listens... I told him my breast were sore and one had a discharge. . He blamed it on my diabetes! .. 4 months later I had a lumpectomy... he diagnosed me with a condition that some people with diabetes have but never did any blood work to prove ithe claims in his office notes that he spent over an hour in the exam room with me I've never spoken to that man for more than maybe 20 minutesI requested all my paperwork from him and said in his office with the office manager and called him out on itI also work in the medical field for 14 yearshe think he's king and he knows everything but he doesn't and now he's no longer practicing...hmmmmmm I wonder why???

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

Best doctor ever! Without a doubt he saved my daughters life and helped change her mindset about her diabetes. He is passionate and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Gutman. Mount Sinai is blessed to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

Dr. Gutman is an excellent doctor. He does not rush you and has a magnificent bedside manner. He is extremly knowlegeable. I would not hesitate to recommend him particularly to anyone who has diabeties.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2012

He knows his stuff. He has helped me a lot. I even have his cell number, just in case.I love that he is now in Miami.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2012

This is the best endocrinologist I have seen in a very long time. He understand Diabetes like very few do. he has helped me a lot, and I am on my way to a btter life...Thank you Dr. Gutman

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2011

Worse doctor ever, more interested in talking than treating the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Was scheduled for a physical. Had blood work done as requested. Dr. Gutman came into exam room, asked me about my breathing (which I told him was fine) and very briefly listened to my lungs. That was it! I thought a physical involved a lot more than that. When I got the receipt there were two conditions in code. I asked Dr. Gutman what they were. One was diabetes. I told him I do not diabetes and he scratched it off. I questioned what was the other and it was also something I do not have. So he scratched that one off also. When I received a copy of my medical records there was the 'physical' showing that he had checked pulses, thyroid, abdomen, etc. It even gave a number for the size of my liver! Except for listening to my lungs he did not touch me! I was shocked and consider this fraud. Recently I have been getting solicitations for his new diabetes center even though I do not have this disease. I would not recommend this MD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

This doctor is wonderful. My husband feels very fortunate that he switched from general practice to diabetes care. Over the years we have dealt with some "looney bin" endocrinologists. Dr. Gutman is down-to-earth and reasonable. Him and his staff are a breath of fresh air. They are also really prompt and efficient when it comes to medical prescriptions and other incidentals.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Great bedside manner. We talked, but very little about medical stuff. Very opinionated, really knows his stuff. Can be brusque. The staff is professional enough but definately is much sloppier about the details and has messed up his orders twice that I have seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2124631].votes_count ]]